Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly the type of game I didnt want to see!

First I will say they made it this far which was not expected and played the 9ers tough -

However

Another in a long line of playoff debacles. They should have won this game, and being young etc. does not come into play at this point. To many mistakes and we needed much better play from our QB! Look at that first INT and when and where it happened- HUGE

i will also state that I think the DC has to go, and I still don’t think ML is that good of a coach - always some very questionable decisions!

I don’t settle for just great effort, when it was errors that in the end cost them this game!

U.P. Packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was inevitable that Carlson would blow a game before it was over. I hope he’s unemployed tomorrow.
Yeah, this one hurts. I don't agree with getting rid of Carlson right now though. His brother is one of the top kickers in the NFL right now but he was booted out of Minny before he turned it around. If you notice, there are a lot of kickers who struggle through a tough year or two. He has the leg, we just have to let him get his mind right. Did it cost us the game? Possibly, but maybe not. You don't know what would have happened in a tie. S.F. has a lot more talent than we do. I am glad that we got this far!

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do Packers teams always choke in the playoffs? It’s become a very disturbing habit. Did I expect them to be there, no. But when you have outplayed a team like that and find a way to lose, it’s unacceptable. This really gets old to lose to them every gd year. Now I know how Bears fans feel I guess.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game does not get Barry fired
He might GET fired but not based on 24 points against SF on the road
Likewise you do not fire Carlson (who I did not want to draft)
You see if you can find someone who is better than him next September

757Niner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the wound is still fresh but win or lose, I was coming here to tell you how great your team is and your future looks bright af from where I sit.

We flat out, got lucky...

You outplayed us for 58 mins.

Jones made that long run & I thought it just wasn't meant to be for us.

Better to be lucky than good in most instances.

Helluva game.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outplayed them, just didn't out score them . Blame the youth movement. We'll get them next year!!
I blame the coaching. Carlson shouldn't have been put in a position to stop the season. He couldn't hit an extra point and his kicks were wildly sailing right. MLF and Bisacia were asleep at the switch again.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bright side is they got this far with a young team. The downside is the entire team **** the bed in the end. If they scored 1 more td..that game would have been over.

Reaction score
that was on Love and Matt. He should’ve ran for that sideline and it’s really not even a close decision. However Matt doesn’t stress very good timeclock use. Terrible emphasis on that Timeclock throughout games ALL season. This time it cost is a NFC visit

Last timeout. Matt should’ve called a meeting. Jordan. You just need the SF35 for a legit higher % attempt or about 30 yards.
52 seconds and 1 timeout plus a TO for Teams.

30 yards divided by 8 second plays =
about 4 yards needed per play. Jordan anything at 5 yards and a clock stop increases our %. Use your sideline at all costs even if you lose a yard. You can take a play over the middle if it’s at minimum a 10 yarder or 1st down and under 20 seconds until a spike.

It should’ve been 2nd n 5 from the GB41 with :46 sec and 2 Timeouts. We needed at minimum just 20 yards for a longer 57 yard attempt OR
25-30 yards for a legit % chance inside 50 yards.

Why throw the ball across your body. In the rain. And 20 yards into triple coverage when they let you have 5-10 yards and a clear path to sideline??? OH!!! I forgot to tell you Jordan how dumb of me.

All season long this has happened. All season long I was told I was too ******* the guys. All season long will run into next season unless it gets fixed and I’m 99% sure it will continue to cost us in playoff games again.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game does not get Barry fired
He might GET fired but not based on 24 points against SF on the road
Likewise you do not fire Carlson (who I did not want to draft)
You see if you can find someone who is better than him next September
There are plenty of kickers who can make a 41 yard FG and not miss 6 extra points. While he should be on the 90 man roster, he should be replaced and start next season as second string.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the wound is still fresh but win or lose, I was coming here to tell you how great your team is and your future looks bright af from where I sit.

We flat out, got lucky...

You outplayed us for 58 mins.

Jones made that long run & I thought it just wasn't meant to be for us.

Better to be lucky than good in most instances.

Helluva game.
Thanks for the classy words. Congratulations. Now go take it all.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF is back
Barry probably back
Carlsen has to win the job (nothing new)
Biggest decisions are Bahk and Jones

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was on Love and Matt. He should’ve ran for that sideline and it’s really not even a close decision. However Matt doesn’t stress very good timeclock use. Terrible emphasis on that Timeclock throughout games ALL season. This time it cost is a NFC visit

Last timeout. Matt should’ve called a meeting. Jordan. You just need the SF35 for a legit higher % attempt or about 30 yards.
52 seconds and 1 timeout plus a TO for Teams.

30 yards divided by 8 second plays =
about 4.5 yards needed per play. Jordan anything at 5 yards and a clock stop take it. Use your sideline at all costs even if you lose a yard. You can take a play over the middle if it’s at minimum a 10 yarder or 1st down.

It should’ve been 2nd n 5 from the GB41 with :46 sec and 2 Timeouts. We needed at minimum just 20 yards for a king attempt or 25-30 yards for a legit % chance
I think they were desperate because they lost confidence in Carlson. Heaving it up probably had a lot to with a TD or bust mentality at the end. That said, Brock Purdy is the real deal MVP talent. We could be looking at another SF dynasty.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are plenty of kickers who can make a 41 yard FG and not miss 6 extra points. While he should be on the 90 man roster, he should be replaced and start next season as second string.
Yup - if somebody else is kicking better next August