Packers trade McCray to Bills

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I respectfully disagree with you. I don't think decisions are that independent. In my opinion, the improvement at inside linebacker solidified the decision to move Matthews back to outside linebacker. If Nate Palmer was still running around as Packer, the coaches might have had to rethink moving Matthews back outside.

The coaching staff decided to move Matthews back outside right after the team's 2015 season ended and long before any improvements were made at inside linebacker.

BTW Thompson only made a single move to address the position by drafting Martinez. I'm still not convinced the unit is that much better than last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has a good power rush but nothing to miss. Fackrell will be a very good OLB after a year to adjust. He wont play this year providing our OLBs stay healthy. But I believe he is something to look forward to. McCray may see the field often with all the injuries they've suffered.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

He has a good power rush but nothing to miss. Fackrell will be a very good OLB after a year to adjust. He wont play this year providing our OLBs stay healthy. But I believe he is something to look forward to.

Fackrell has to add weight and strength to perform at a high level in the NFL. As of right now he isn't capable of beating starting tackles with a bull rush.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't watched much of Fackrell, but I did single him out in the last game for a while. His start was rough I thought, but after a handful or so of what I thought were poor plays, he did better. Definitely needs to get stronger, but he was better at disengaging blocks and making plays. If he got swallowed up, he didn't stay that way when the play came his way after he got going. That was good to see. But he has a long ways to go.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't watched much of Fackrell, but I did single him out in the last game for a while. His start was rough I thought, but after a handful or so of what I thought were poor plays, he did better. Definitely needs to get stronger, but he was better at disengaging blocks and making plays. If he got swallowed up, he didn't stay that way when the play came his way after he got going. That was good to see. But he has a long ways to go.

The biggest impression I got from the little I've seen of him is his head hasn't caught up to his body yet; lack of experience and situational awareness has made him hesitant at times. And as Mondio and Captain WIMM pointed out, he definitely needs to get stronger. As many will remember, I was a big fan of this pick, and had him targeted before the draft. Nothing to change my mind, but it will take time.

Members online

Latest posts