Packers say Mike Daniels' fiery speeches don't motivate the team

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If Rodgers refuses to assume a leadership role we have a huge problem. His mannerisms on the field are not that good. He really has become Jay Cutler with a more polished press conference skillset.
Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers in the same sentence...? Just silly.

What would be your definition of a "leadership role" be? Rodgers has had the same demeanor and personality pretty much since the beginning. He's repeatedly said that he's not a "rah rah" guy. The last thing I would want is for Rodgers to do something that is outside of his character and personality. Rodgers leads by example, has for a very long time. Without him this team would be cellar dwellers right now. I think the team looks to him to set the example, and I feel that he does with how prepared and detail oriented he is. He's had guys hang out with him on Saturday Night to get some more fine tuning and preparing put forth.

To your point about the post game presser, he said in his Wednesday session that the team would need to weather the storms much better going forward, that the team would not be overlooking any other team moving forward, and that the energy and urgency level would need to be on a much higher level and that it would start with him. He said that he will make sure that the guys are ready to play and that he would set the tone the team needs.

Rodgers gets the benefit of the doubt with me. I can understand the point you are making, but to word it like "refuses" and then to bring up Jay Cutler like it's even a half way comparison between the two is engaging in hyperbole to the highest level.

H

HardRightEdge

Well...at least something like this gives fans and media more to talk about and point to as just another problem in GB.
There's a difference between inspiring talk and constant yelling and nagging. You have to pick your spots.

I'm reminded of the story of Lombardi chewing Starr's a*s repeatedly in practice. Starr took Lombardi aside and told him if he had problem let's take it in private. Lombardi cut it out from that point forward.

Look, if Daniels has a problem with a particular player's play, then take it up with that guy on the side. Evidently it was helpful to Clark, as reported in the link in question, because he was being pushed around like rag doll throughout camp and the preseason.

But if, as this story portrays, it was raging to the world from a shower stall, another in a daily string of yelling and nagging, who's gonna take anything away from that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My comment on the situation was merely to point out that it's just another distraction or excuse of a team that has become unhinged, one that they really don't need at this point.

H

HardRightEdge

Lombardi seemed to do fairly well with it.
Lombardi is well known to have been a master psychologist. He knew how to alternate a kick in the butt with a proverbial hug. And in the case of Starr, he could recognize when he went over the line.

H

HardRightEdge

My comment on the situation was merely to point out that it's just another distraction or excuse of a team that has become unhinged, one that they really don't need at this point.
"Unhinged" is an overstatement, but the general point is well taken.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
"Unhinged" is an overstatement, but the general point is well taken.

I agree and was too strong of a word, for now. Bottom line, the Packers really don't need anymore distractions and just need to get down to playing football. However, more things like this tossed onto the growing scrap heap of similar issues, could eventually lead to those proverbial hinges being blown off the doors.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No unhinged is not an overstatement this team has become unhinged, it's a horrible football team with **** poor coaches.

I am sure glad that I corrected myself and said "for now" in stating that before the start of this game. That 1st quarter today and pretty much the rest of the game, was about as "unhinged" as I have seen the Packers in a long time.

Members online

Latest posts