Packers say Mike Daniels' fiery speeches don't motivate the team

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Awww.....Did naughty Mike Daniels offend the multi-millionaire football players ?? Are they going to carry on not doing what they are paid to do ? It just shows what a bunch of prima donnas they are. They need to suck it up and show what they are made of.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what this article tells me is that crybaby, soft, Andy entitled millennials exist in the NFL as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or maybe Daniels just yells too much. It's the same as every other way to motivate people out there, if it's done all the time it loses its effect.

Intermittent reinforcement works everywhere, kids, dogs, and grown men. That can be coming from any 4 quadrants of learning and all can be successful, they can all be completely useless if used too much too. Maybe Daniels just needs to **** once and a while. Nobody here knows what that locker room is like.

And the responses seem more like someone was asking about a yelling speech being motivating, it doesn't seem like this was just a spontaneous divulgence of info that all the players are sick being yelled at.

Anyway, the great coaches of all time, weren't great because they yelled all the time.

Sky King

Reaction score
As the players quoted have already mentioned, as different personalities they had responded differently to Daniels' message.

A great leader understands that the message and the delivery motivates individuals differently and also what message and delivery will resonate best with a larger group of varied personalities. Some gruff loudmouth screaming obscenities at people would not represent a positive and effective leadership style to everyone.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the last two posters are missing the point that no form of motivation seems to work with this team they are soft and weak willed. They have been for years and that's why they continually fail.

I

Well I`m sorry, I may be a thug, but sometimes things need to be said. I am obviously one of those that responds to a kick in the *** when it`s needed. I`m not having a go at anybody here before that gets misinterpreted but I think he was right actually telling them all they need to step up to the plate, and do their job.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Nothing can be pre-determined,” Burnett said. “I think it’s just raw emotion that has to come out.”

Last line of the article. Couldn't agree more.

H

HardRightEdge

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...ng-proper-leaders-challenges-packers/93642140

Have to say, I'm a little shocked. Mike Daniels has been seen as one of the vocal leaders of the group but this article says that the Packers players say they are basically ignoring him. If the team is acting like children who don't like to be yelled at, how do you motivate this team?
While Daniels intensity is an admirable personal trait, leadership is more subtle than constantly talking/yelling at a high pitch. After a while the inclination is to tune it out. While not in the locker room it's hard to judge the vibe, but every interview I've seen of Daniels he's spitting nails, or maybe just thumbtacks in his more measured moments. But evidence indicates he operates at high intensity all the time, whether things are going well or poorly.

It would probably do more good if a more soft spoken guy, like Rodgers or Peppers, laid down the law is some harsh tones. That might wake a few guys up. But you can't fake it. It has to arise from some genuine anger to come off as authentic.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I`m sorry, I may be a thug, but sometimes things need to be said. I am obviously one of those that responds to a kick in the *** when it`s needed. I`m not having a go at anybody here before that gets misinterpreted but I think he was right actually telling them all they need to step up to the plate, and do their job.
Is that what he did? Or is he always yelling about something. There's a difference in telling people to get their **** together and someone that yells all the time. Nobody is in this locker room to know, and the article seems more like a guy that asked 10 different players for their views on responding to yelling rather than a spontaneous confession that people are tired of him yelling

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
****ing A. This team has taken on the personality of Rodgers. Put on your ****ing safety pins, hold hands and declare your locker room a safe place. Daniels is my new guy. It is no wonder this team looks like **** week in and week out if this is their attitude.

H

HardRightEdge

******* A. This team has taken on the personality of Rodgers. Put on your ******* safety pins, hold hands and declare your locker room a safe place. Daniels is my new guy. It is no wonder this team looks like **** week in and week out if this is their attitude.
Elliott says Daniels is that way "every day of his life", and I find that plausible.

Good for him if that's what it takes for him to play at a high level; not so good as a leadership quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what would get motivation going is if some players would get cut. I think the players know that once they make the team in August they can pretty well be guaranteed a spot for the rest of the season. if the players knew they had to earn their roster spot, they might not be talking about low energy levels.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suck it up, buttercup. You are grown men playing in a league where thick skin is required. If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well...at least something like this gives fans and media more to talk about and point to as just another problem in GB.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You know what would get motivation going is if some players would get cut. I think the players know that once they make the team in August they can pretty well be guaranteed a spot for the rest of the season. if the players knew they had to earn their roster spot, they might not be talking about low energy levels.

Didn't we already use Sitton for that sacrificial lamb?

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that this guy is one of our best players and they are tuning him out. Then who are they listening to? Obviously not the coaches as very few guys seem to be making the plays we need right now. I think we need more accountability in regards to job security. I am not saying cut everyone all willy nilly, but get them second guessing and make them work hard for their spot after training camp is over.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't we already use Sitton for that sacrificial lamb?

...and ask his accountant how badly that hurt him. Just another thing that annoys me about pro sports as opposed to real life - getting "fired" usually doesn't hurt in the least.

I

At least Daniels has some fire in his belly. Shame more of them don`t.

I

Or maybe Daniels just yells too much. It's the same as every other way to motivate people out there, if it's done all the time it loses its effect.

Intermittent reinforcement works everywhere, kids, dogs, and grown men. That can be coming from any 4 quadrants of learning and all can be successful, they can all be completely useless if used too much too. Maybe Daniels just needs to **** once and a while. Nobody here knows what that locker room is like.

And the responses seem more like someone was asking about a yelling speech being motivating, it doesn't seem like this was just a spontaneous divulgence of info that all the players are sick being yelled at.

Anyway, the great coaches of all time, weren't great because they yelled all the time.

Lombardi seemed to do fairly well with it.

Members online

Latest posts