Packers put Mark Tauscher on injured reserve

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
It’s a good thing the Packers drafted Bryan Bulaga.
The team has learned to play without right tackle Mark Tauscher for the last month, and they will do so for the rest of the season after the team placed Tauscher on injured reserve Friday with a shoulder injury. The 11-year veteran was handed a two-year, $8.2625 million contract before the season, but this could be the end of the line for him in Green Bay.
To replace Tauscher on the roster, the team signed tight end Spencer Havner. Bulaga should continue to start at right tackle.
Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The end of Mark Tauscher?

Well is it? Have we seen all that this guy has to offer? Can he finally just rest?

He's been battling a lot of injuries and I think Bulaga has been progressing quite well. I think it's time we part ways.

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers Sign TE Havner, Place T Tauscher On Injured Reserve

The Green Bay Packers have signed TE Spencer Havner and placed T Mark Tauscher on injured reserve. The transactions were announced Friday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director o...

Source: Packers.com

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely sucks for Tauscher, although I'm glad to see Havner back in the fold, at least for now. Next year, with Finley back on the field and Quarles having some seasoning, looks very well for us at the TE position.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a great career for a guy who had no idea what he was going to do for a living a few months before the draft. He was bartending/bouncing at wandos and seemed like he didn't plan on getting drafted. He had a good run, made some money, and left his mark on the pack. I expect he won't play again.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tauscher is one of the great stories in the NFL. A 7th round draft pick who was "too small and slow" to stick on a roster, Tauscher help anchor the Packers O-Line for more than a decade. The time is right for him to retire. A+ on the career Mark!

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea great career for Tauscher he's been pretty dominant the whole time he's played year after year...sad to see him go but you guys are definitely right that its his time to retire...definitely a Packer Hall of Famer as well

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts