Packers promote Wolf and Gutekunst

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should Elliot take over, it's gonna be very interesting to see how he goes about things. Will he pretty much go the Thompson way, or be much more aggressive in trades and free agency.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've just received a site alert that I've been promoted to 'veteran'.
Which means that I could be being groomed for #1 ultimate super power site moderator.
So don't mess with me.
Or I'll trade you to Cleveland.

H

HardRightEdge

I've just received a site alert that I've been promoted to 'veteran'.
Which means that I could be being groomed for #1 ultimate super power site moderator.
So don't mess with me.
Or I'll trade you to Cleveland.
The vet minimum is $0, in case you're wondering. ;)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read again that Thompson's contract runs through 2018, but it's believed that he wouldn't step down until after the 2019 draft. What GM in his right mind or worth his salt would want to take over a team who's roster is pretty well set for the coming season by someone else? So he can take the heat if things go south?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What GM in his right mind or worth his salt would want to take over a team who's roster is pretty well set for the coming season by someone else? So he can take the heat if things go south?
Mike Sherman .... not that Wolf's last draft was worth a pile of pooh anyway, but Sherman somehow found a way to draft even worse than a pile of pooh in subsequent years.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Sherman .... not that Wolf's last draft was worth a pile of pooh anyway, but Sherman somehow found a way to draft even worse than a pile of pooh in subsequent years.

Heh, Sherman might take any job now.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny story about that. My boss owns a house on Cape Cod. Last fall he walked through his backyard which butts up to the local high school. He was going to walk through the high school field on his way to the beach. The voice of the football coach caught his attention. He didn't recognize it but could tell it wasn't just your normal history teacher / football coach. He stopped and asked someone who said it was Mike Sherman.

He didn't walk to the beach that day. He sat and watched practice. He said it was a lot of fun to see Sherman working with young players.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, Sherman might take any job now.
Funny story about that. My boss owns a house on Cape Cod. Last fall he walked through his backyard which butts up to the local high school. He was going to walk through the high school field on his way to the beach. The voice of the football coach caught his attention. He didn't recognize it but could tell it wasn't just your normal history teacher / football coach. He stopped and asked someone who said it was Mike Sherman.
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/mike-sherman-had-a-rough-first-season-as-a-high-school-coach

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Just read again that Thompson's contract runs through 2018, but it's believed that he wouldn't step down until after the 2019 draft. What GM in his right mind or worth his salt would want to take over a team who's roster is pretty well set for the coming season by someone else? So he can take the heat if things go south?

I guess that if the Packers want to promote from within the organization it should work out fine with the new GM taking over after the draft. No outsider, like John Schneider, would agree to a deal like that though.

Latest posts