Packers promote two players to active roster

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

The team has promoted WR Geronimo Allison and S Jermsine Whitehead to the active roster. Whitehead is capable of playing slot corner as well.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

In addition the Packers have added WR Dez Stewart to practice squad. Stewart played college at Ohio Dominican (Division II) catching 196 passes for 3,197 yards and 25 touchdowns in 43 games.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't expect Allison to be added, but maybe someone was sniffing around and wanted to sign him.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living in California, I didn't get to see much of the Packers in preseason. What can you two tell me about Allison? What type of receiver is he? Thanks in advance.

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't expect Allison to be added, but maybe someone was sniffing around and wanted to sign him.

Yes, Allison played well in the preseason. Knowing they had a lot of WR's they didn't want to expose him too much to be claimed by another team.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living in California, I didn't get to see much of the Packers in preseason. What can you two tell me about Allison? What type of receiver is he? Thanks in advance.

He's slow and drops too many passes, not exactly two traits you want out of a WR.

There's some room for upside there, I suppose. Good size and build for the position. I guess I'd describe him as a poor man's Davante Adams if you had to compare him to anyone on our roster .

He has a cool first name . Does that count?

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is an UDFA from Illinois. In preseason he made some nice catches in the middle but I also remember some easy drops. He has good size at 6"3 but needs to be more aggressive in his routes.

InFamous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's slow and drops too many passes, not exactly two traits you want out of a WR.

There's some room for upside there, I suppose. Good size and build for the position. I guess I'd describe him as a poor man's Davante Adams if you had to compare him to anyone on our roster .

The sound out of training camp was quite different. Yes he had drops, but all were contested. On the practice field he was one of the standout UDFA.

“He’s making a lot of great plays,” Rodgers said. “He’s doing a really good job for us. He offers something a little bit different with his size, and his ability to catch the ball and use his body to shield defenders and make contested catches.”

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp.../?hootPostID=8b65ec910fef90eb43ae913a86e197aa

But he probably wont see the field too often as he is the 7th receiver. The skillset translate to the small, short high percentage passes we will most likely see the next few games thou.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, Sheppard did write a song about him. Funny thing is they wrote it before he was even signed by the Packers, they must know something. He's not Australian by any chance is he?

Members online

Latest posts