1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Packers OL in 2005

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Steel Wheels, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Over the past few seasons the Packers have had at least a top 5 OL. With Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle gone, is there anyone who really believes that the Packers OL will not miss a beat???

2. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Much of the credit has to go to Beightol. Rivera was sent to NLFE, Flanny had several bad injuries, and Tauscher was a 7th round pick. It may take a half season or so, but I think they'll be right back up there. There's no telling how much longer Marco can play anyhow.
    Hammer

3. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    getting Mike Flanagan back will do wonders for the line...the line wasn't as strong in '04 as in '03...I think the loss of him had a lot to do with it, I think the center is underrated in importance, calling blitzes and such, Flanagan centering the line, surrounded by Klemm, Ruegammer, O'Dwyer (mix and match starting G's), and also Coston could produce some. Our o-line will do fine, lets hope Ahman is 100%.

4. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    With Flanny back and the FAs we signed we should be very solid. Very close to last year and if things gel, Clifton and Tauscher are both still young and improving it could be even better.

5. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If they could get gown to their 3rd string rookie center last year and still have a solid showing I think OL should do fine this year again.

6. ameuret

ameuret Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I still have confidence in the packers o line coach. I think he is one of those coaches who can make anyone good.