Packers not playing in London in 2015

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

International series games will be Jets at Dolphins, Bills at Jaguars and Lions at Chiefs for next season.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a selfish note, i'm gutted, was hoping to see us down in de Pere, WI which isa London next year. Affording to get to Lambeau just isn't realistic right now.

Real positive is that at least we wont be playing a home game - away from home.

Rumor in here Green Bay has it, that the packers will play "road game" in London in 2016.

PWT
De Pere, Wi, which is located 5 miles south of Lambeau Field.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Rumor in here Green Bay has it, that the packers will play "road game" in London in 2016.

Well, the Packers play the Jaguars, who already have agreed to play a home game in London in 2016, on the road that season. So that´s a possibility.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have pretty much come out and said they will never agree to giving up a home game in London, that they will only go as the "road" team.

Which is smart. I can't for the life of me figure out why any team would want to give up 12% of their home games to play in London and put themselves at a competitive disadvantage.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand giving some teams that can't draw a home crowd the home game in London but how does a team like the Chiefs end up losing a home game??? They have a tremendous fan base. I would say either the teams that can not sell out their home games or even the worst overall teams in the league the previous year should lose their home games......not playoff teams that sell out each week.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the Pack won't have to worry about that. No chance Mr. Big City New York Goodell would ever consider green bay.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also don't like the fact that the Lions get "road" games in London back to back years. We have to play 8 games a year in hostile environments. Why should they only have to play 7 a year? Would the Lions have lost to the Falcons if the game had been in Atlanta instead of London? It's very possible.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if those who pay for season tickets end up still paying for all 8 and their ticket is good for London if they go or do they still pay for 8 but are out of one or only pay for 7?

And why call one a "home" team when technically both are away teams?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I wonder if those who pay for season tickets end up still paying for all 8 and their ticket is good for London if they go or do they still pay for 8 but are out of one or only pay for 7?

Season ticket holders of teams playing a home game in London only have to pay for 9 games (including two preseason games). Tickets to the games at Wembley are sold separately.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
same here . I'm sick of watching Jets, Patriots or Tampa games in London, need to see the real deal
England is an awesome place. I almost stayed when I was discharged. I was first stationed there when I was 19. I remember on my first trip to London, I went ti Piccadilly Circus. I decided to roam around the streets. I kept getting propositioned. I was a shy young guy so I just said "no thank you" and must have been beet red. One the next shift at the firehouse I told some of the guys what happened. They told me I was in Soho, I said " so that's Soho". I have lots of great stories and memory's from the two tours I did there. My first witch, I mean wife, was English. A people separated by a common language.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

England is an awesome place. I almost stayed when I was discharged. I was first stationed there when I was 19. I remember on my first trip to London, I went ti Piccadilly Circus. I decided to roam around the streets. I kept getting propositioned. I was a shy young guy so I just said "no thank you" and must have been beet red. One the next shift at the firehouse I told some of the guys what happened. They told me I was in Soho, I said " so that's Soho". I have lots of great stories and memory's from the two tours I did there. My first witch, I mean wife, was English. A people separated by a common language.

Yes, my sister speaks fondly of you.......:laugh:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And why call one a "home" team when technically both are away teams?

How about this for a compromise to the proposed 18 game season and solution to home/away London games:

17 game season, every team plays in London once per season. It is neither a home or away game for any team, it is a neutral game. The NFL gets extra revenue from London games, no one benefits from getting an "away" game that isn't in a hostile environment, and no one has to sacrifice a home game to feed the London frenzy. The union doesn't have to concede an 18 game season, the NFL doesn't have to keep pushing for an 18 game season, and everyone benefits from the extra London revenue and increased NFL exposure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts