PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaybadger82

These two properties will now be part of the Packer's Titletown District project.
This website will give information about the Packer's Titletown District project

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/133068/inside-slant-packers-cashing-in-at-lambeau
This spring, they razed 16 nearby houses to create a 400-spot parking lot....

Hmmmm....
I wonder what the story is behind the occupants of those houses.
It's one thing if they were abandoned or condemned, if the Packers owned the land or if the owners were somehow forced to give it up.
I don't think it's right to be forced or manipulated into leaving if they were privately owned.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they've paid private owners more than market value for their expansion. They now own ~60 acres around Lambeau. This is probably what is going on:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/133068/inside-slant-packers-cashing-in-at-lambeau

"Murphy has made three visits to Patriot Place in Foxborough, Massachusetts, a 1.3 million square-foot multipurpose commercial district adjacent to Gillette Stadium and owned by the Kraft Group, which also owns the New England Patriots. Patriot Place includes a Renaissance hotel, 14 restaurants and dozens of shops; Murphy won't reveal specific plans for the Titletown District, but he said there is opportunity for similar development."

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmm....
I wonder what the story is behind the occupants of those houses.
It's one thing if they were abandoned or condemned, if the Packers owned the land or if the owners were somehow forced to give it up.
I don't think it's right to be forced or manipulated into leaving if they were privately owned.

Forget Favre,

The Green Bay Packers, Inc, do not have the authority to force property owner out of their house. The Packers do not have any eminent domain power like governments have.

The Packers have to negotiate with any home owner, who has property south(near) Lambeau Field. This property would only be used for parking.

Packer policy is that home owner must contact the Packers, if the homeowner is interested in selling his house to the Packers.

Any home located south of (near) Lambeau Field will be worth more than house in any other location in Green Bay area.

Example : A:house in any location, except in a specific location near LF, using a Relator would list $140,00o house located GB area. The house would probably sell for between $135,000 to $138,00 plus a 6% realtor charge . It may take the realtor at least 2 months or more to sell the home..

The Packers will probably go as high as paying home owner $280,000 or more for the owner's home, which is worth $140,000 due to home's location just south of Lambeau Field.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess on what's going on is they are looking at expanding parking, and the overall Lambeau Experience. Maybe Ted and co. may be trying to somehow push for an outdoor Superbowl at Lambeau which is something I'd love to see.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Favre,

The Green Bay Packers, Inc, do not have the authority to force property owner out of their house. The Packers do not have any eminent domain power like governments have.

The Packers have to negotiate with any home owner, who has property south(near) Lambeau Field. This property would only be used for parking.

Packer policy is that home owner must contact the Packers, if the homeowner is interested in selling his house to the Packers.

Any home located south of (near) Lambeau Field will be worth more than house in any other location in Green Bay area.

Example : A:house in any location, except in a specific location near LF, using a Relator would list $140,00o house located GB area. The house would probably sell for between $135,000 to $138,00 plus a 6% realtor charge . It may take the realtor at least 2 months or more to sell the home..

The Packers will probably go as high as paying home owner $280,000 or more for the owner's home, which is worth $140,000 due to home's location just south of Lambeau Field.
In Madison Wisconsin a developer wanted to make a big ugly looking thing downtown that is part of the music and arts.
In order to make this monstrosity, they had to take owners of buildings to court or whatever and fight them to win to get their buildings so that they could tear them down to make way for this ugly thing.
So I'm just wondering if there could be a similar back story to this. What if just one homeowner refused to sell and move? Or did the Packers give them all offers they couldn't refuse and they got the houses without any problems?
With the love that Green Bay has for the Pack and the way the town revolves around the team, I would think that somehow the land would always be in favor for the Pack and a losing battle if anyone tried to fight them.
Nothing is ever set in stone.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this even needed?
Aren't they making enough money as it is?
Was there ever a demand for any of this?
Seems like everything is fine the way it is now.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they've paid private owners more than market value for their expansion. They now own ~60 acres around Lambeau. This is probably what is going on:

"Murphy has made three visits to Patriot Place in Foxborough, Massachusetts, a 1.3 million square-foot multipurpose commercial district adjacent to Gillette Stadium and owned by the Kraft Group, which also owns the New England Patriots. Patriot Place includes a Renaissance hotel, 14 restaurants and dozens of shops; Murphy won't reveal specific plans for the Titletown District, but he said there is opportunity for similar development."

some idiots on a packers facebook fan page are convinced the packers are doing this to get a SB

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is an old adage in corporate economics that if you aren't growing your dying. The Packers, just like an other organization, is looking for more ways to diversify its income portfolio. Relying merely on game revenue and merchandise sales is one thing, but having a multi-use facility could make the Packers more profitable. If they put in something like the Patriots have, then they can have more consistent revenue throughout the year, potentially host conventions, owners meetings, and who knows about the SB - but they'd have to put up a bunch of hotels. I don't know the Green Bay zoning laws at all, and maybe the Packers enjoy an exemption on property that they own, but I would expect that all of the residential lots are restricted in terms of height and use. As the gorilla in the city tax collections, I'm sure that the Packers can flex some muscle to change those zoning requirements and build just about anything they want. It means more tax revenue for the city, which they always tend to vote in favor of doing...

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they are making room to host a future Super Bowl.

Aint no more historic than playing for a SB in Green Bay.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
[
There is an old adage in corporate economics that if you aren't growing your dying. The Packers, just like an other organization, is looking for more ways to diversify its income portfolio. Relying merely on game revenue and merchandise sales is one thing, but having a multi-use facility could make the Packers more profitable. If they put in something like the Patriots have, then they can have more consistent revenue throughout the year, potentially host conventions, owners meetings, and who knows about the SB - but they'd have to put up a bunch of hotels. I don't know the Green Bay zoning laws at all, and maybe the Packers enjoy an exemption on property that they own, but I would expect that all of the residential lots are restricted in terms of height and use. As the gorilla in the city tax collections, I'm sure that the Packers can flex some muscle to change those zoning requirements and build just about anything they want. It means more tax revenue for the city, which they always tend to vote in favor of doing...

El Guapo,
Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

"..........The Packers now own 55 parcels near Lambeau Field, all in the village of Ashwaubenon.,totaling 63.37 acres. The Land is assessed at $46.5M
and total $680,644 in property taxes for 2013. The Packers are responsible for property taxes on the land they own

The team acquired property south of the stadium where earlier this year it razed a dozen houses. That land , left as grass, is used for parking and team President CEO Mark Murphy said it will not be used commercial development.
Also the teams land east of the stadium along Potts Ave .

Most of land used for football operations is owned by other entities ,Green Bay and the Green Bay/Brown County
Professional Stadium District own Lambeau Field and Brown County owns much of land that is home to the Clark Hinkle and Ray Nitschke practice fields and Don Hutson Center"**
Packers lease this land from Brown County.

**Source: Green Bay Press- Gazette ' Business Section -Nov 1, 2014 - Article entitled Packers complete purchase of Ashwaubenon station by Richard Ryman- Press-Gazette media
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...lete-purchase-citgo-service-station/18263101/

Last edited by a moderator:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this even needed?
Aren't they making enough money as it is?
Was there ever a demand for any of this?
Seems like everything is fine the way it is now.

I think it sounds fantastic. Like el guapo said "If you aren't growing your dying." The Packers Execs have been doing a great job at managing this franchise and making sure we don't get run over. You sleep you lose. This is the way sports complexes are going. I absolutely think there is a demand for this.

Members online

Latest posts