1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers looking at Chad Williams

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Apr 11, 2006.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,486
    Packers | Team meets with C. Williams; consider signing him
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:43:48 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers met with free agent S Chad Williams (Ravens) Friday, April 7. The team is giving some consideration to making him a contract offer.

2. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    solid backup safety who would add good depth. Looks like a great idea to me!

GO PACK GO!!!

3. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    He is in my opinion better than Manuel, so I guess it would be a good pickup. I didn't like the Manuel signing.

4. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not yet sold on the Manuel signing either. The fact that Roman beat him out in Cinncy sticks with me. One can definitely see why Roman is pissed about the whole thing.

Still, he did play well in Seattle last year and he could just be coming into his own. I'd like us to pick up Williams though to push him for the starting spot.

5. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was very pleased with the Manuel signing. Him getting beat out in Cincy doesn't really mean much to me. He is young and I'm fairly certain that at this point he is better than Roman. That said, competition is always a good thing and if they sign this guy I hope he does compete for the starting job and the best player wins out.

6. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One more Safety... well maybe the Manuel signing was a mistake and TT is now realizing it.... WHo knows,,, anyway no Guards or OL guys in sight...

7. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    or maybe TT is thinking about depth with his defensive backs? apparently some gms look for backups? It isn't unheard of. Maybe he should magically make some offensive linemen to sign in free agency.

8. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Now that we got all the backups we need, let's try to sign a few starters!

9. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am with you DePack !!!

10. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Such as Marquand Manuel? Dude will be a very solid player.

11. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

name one single effective Offensive Guard available in free agency .... better than what we have.... will it help to bring in a guy rated 59 over our 58 rated guy who knows the other players and is ready to gell. i say let the Line work with what we got, and give the new scheme a try.

THAT WAS WAY OFF TOPIC SORRY

yeah sure sign chad williams, im all for it. as long as arrington and plummer are signed shortly after that.

12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    they can sign joe theisman for all i care, as long as they get arrington and woodson.