Packers looking at Chad Williams

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers | Team meets with C. Williams; consider signing him
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:43:48 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers met with free agent S Chad Williams (Ravens) Friday, April 7. The team is giving some consideration to making him a contract offer.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
solid backup safety who would add good depth. Looks like a great idea to me!

GO PACK GO!!!

He is in my opinion better than Manuel, so I guess it would be a good pickup. I didn't like the Manuel signing.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Bobby Roberts said:
solid backup safety who would add good depth. Looks like a great idea to me!

GO PACK GO!!!

He is in my opinion better than Manuel, so I guess it would be a good pickup. I didn't like the Manuel signing.

I'm not yet sold on the Manuel signing either. The fact that Roman beat him out in Cinncy sticks with me. One can definitely see why Roman is pissed about the whole thing.

Still, he did play well in Seattle last year and he could just be coming into his own. I'd like us to pick up Williams though to push him for the starting spot.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very pleased with the Manuel signing. Him getting beat out in Cincy doesn't really mean much to me. He is young and I'm fairly certain that at this point he is better than Roman. That said, competition is always a good thing and if they sign this guy I hope he does compete for the starting job and the best player wins out.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more Safety... well maybe the Manuel signing was a mistake and TT is now realizing it.... WHo knows,,, anyway no Guards or OL guys in sight...

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or maybe TT is thinking about depth with his defensive backs? apparently some gms look for backups? It isn't unheard of. Maybe he should magically make some offensive linemen to sign in free agency.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
or maybe TT is thinking about depth with his defensive backs? apparently some gms look for backups? It isn't unheard of. Maybe he should magically make some offensive linemen to sign in free agency.

Now that we got all the backups we need, let's try to sign a few starters!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
One more Safety... well maybe the Manuel signing was a mistake and TT is now realizing it.... WHo knows,,, anyway no Guards or OL guys in sight...

name one single effective Offensive Guard available in free agency .... better than what we have.... will it help to bring in a guy rated 59 over our 58 rated guy who knows the other players and is ready to gell. i say let the Line work with what we got, and give the new scheme a try.

THAT WAS WAY OFF TOPIC SORRY

yeah sure sign chad williams, im all for it. as long as arrington and plummer are signed shortly after that.

Members online

Latest posts