Packers logo in product placement ads

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is kinda a small thing...

But one of the prides, for me, being a Packers fan is seeing an ad for NFL team related stuff and like 7 times out of 10 the Packers logo is featured.
Even during the years when they don't do so well.

Like for example: You might see an ad for a doggie blanket or a stuffed monkey wearing football gear or a vegetable peeler, a precious moments football player or whatever. And each one will have the team logo and colors on it.
All 32 teams are listed but there may be a pic of what the product looks like right next to the list and most times it features teams like the Steelers, Cowboys and Packers.
As dumb as the product may be, I still feel good seeing how the Packers are in good company among the winningest teams and that the advertisers recognize that too!
(And of course having the largest fan base may have something to do with that too.)
Do you know what I mean?
Anyone else feel like that when you see those ads no matter how cheezy the product?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes..Lot of times the company knows what team their readers cheer for..So they gear their ads to those fans..

And it is nice to see a Packer item being advertised even if it is a Packer umbrella

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The NFL super bowl commercial was a great example of this. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIrrOKxVXKs]‪NFL Best Fans Ever Super Bowl Commercial‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
I always smile when I see the green and gold mail boxes, lights, and houses painted to support the Packers scattered throughout WI.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes! It makes me smile every time I see it! I may not be interested in purchasing the product but it still makes me happy. Marketing strategy. They prominently feature teams that they know there is a big market for, sometimes a global market. The Packers right now are probably the cream of the crop in merch sales so we get the pride in seeing them everywhere. The Cowboys, like it or not, have always been very popular, I'd say more so than any other team even outside of their own city. I'm used to seeing the Cowboys on display, but right now it's the Packers who are more than likely dominating the market in sales, perhaps even globally. I actually saw in Boscov's (a local department store) a monkey wrench with the NFL/ Packers logo on it! They also had Eagles, Steelers, Giants and of course, those damn Cowboys. I didn't purchase the item, I have no need for another monkey wrench but it still made me smile to see it!!! :)

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love that one!!
Yeah me to!
And Fonzie with a big foam finger!
Even he can't make it look cool. Still looks goofy. LOL

That is the best and most realistic use of CGI I've ever seen.
Though I'm kinda surprised that the Sopranos would be Jets instead of Giants fans. Well, I guess it makes the ad that much more fun.

And if your like me who likes to look at details pause it at each segment to check out all the gear.
Like Ritchie's old school Packers shirt at 00:07

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another place where I enjoy seeing the Packer logo and hearing them mentioned is "That 70's Show". It's one of the reasons I love to watch it, that and Kelso! ;)

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
7-11 stores here in Norfolk/Virginia Beach are stocking up on the usual NFL items (signs, key rings, cups/glasses) and for this year, they added team hats at $5.00. Perfect for where I work. Unfortunately, no Packers hats at two stores I went to. I'll keep looking.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And of all the fans in that commercial, who is bar far the coolest? THE (Packer fan) FONZ! 'eaaaay.
That made me laugh so I gave you a "like."

7-11 stores here in Norfolk/Virginia Beach are stocking up on the usual NFL items (signs, key rings, cups/glasses) and for this year, they added team hats at $5.00. Perfect for where I work. Unfortunately, no Packers hats at two stores I went to. I'll keep looking.
I'm not surprised.
Now if you were looking for a soap dish, computer mouse, candles, knife and fork set with the Packers logo then you might have better luck.
J/K sorta.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If their wasn't that stupid NFL shield logo on the jersey we could say it was a Lynn ****ey Jersey.

On a sidenote I hate how SP supports the Broncos.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts