Packers have room to sign 19

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packer roster page lists 78 players, 12 of whom are not signed for 2007. They are permitted 80 plus participants in NFL-Europa. That would permit the signing of seven players in addition to the 12 listed but without 2007 contracts.

I don't think Ted is leaving open spots for draft picks this early as the roster is usually at the maximum and players are cut when the draft picks are signed.

There is a lot of roster room(19 spots) as well as cap room for signing EFA's, UFA's and the RFA.

The Packers are in very good shape for free agency.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
19 spots and cap room.

Now let's sit down and look at all of the available players.

How many want to play in a large media market? Throw them out.

How many can we attract with the opportunity to play with Brett who is an icon? Keep em on the A list.

How many fit our O scheme and D scheme based on their size and speed? Put them on he A list.

How many do we feel we could make better and adjust their game to our O and D. Put them on the B list.

How many have a great attitude and have been underachievers due to who they were playing with and for? Put them on the B List.

How many can contribute on Special Teams. Put them on the B list.

I reckon it would be a damn hard thing and a hell of a gamble every year.

All Raider Pride knows is this.... I have no damn right to pre-judge any pick up the Packers make because I am not that good to know all of the above. Note the "PRE" in Pre-Judge.

A very humble Raider Pride.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously, the QUALITY of pick-ups trumps the QUANTITY. I don't see any advantage in having 19 openings rather than 9. Our cap room is barely above the average this year so how well we do in the FA market doesn't depend on how many we sign but how often we out-bid others for on quality players. I pray that TT really opens his wallet this year. The draft alone won't cut it, IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts