Packers have released Kingsley Keke

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J'Mon Moore and EQSB. Easy.
EQSB is on their roster. They cut him in the final cutdown of 2021 but signed him to the PS when he cleared waivers the next day. He went back and forth from PS to active to for a few weeks but has been on their active roster since about the middle of October.

I guess technically he was cut but since it was for only a day and he is still on the team's active roster I'm going to say it doesn't count. Since he was resigned to the PS squad the next day I'm going to say it was a calculated risk taken due to available roster spots and that he wasn't cut because they no longer wanted him or he wasn't good enough.

It tells me that LaFleur is above airing dirty laundry in public. While we all want to know (myself included) it's really not important right now. The more LaFleur says right now about it (right or wrong) the more it becomes a media focus and distraction.

Best of luck Keke. Rodgers could have put a ring on it...

It would not surprise me, if the Packers do win it all, if they give him a ring anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't either but teams have done that. Depends on what he did I suppose.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saddened by this news. Had high hopes for him - thinking he was a wildcard who could suddenly have a big game for us.

Hope things work out for him.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even more bizarre is Packers fans who expect every draft pick to be a success. Fans who will ignore the positive facts about a team they are supposedly a fan of, and focus on the negative.

The Packers have won more games in the last 3 years than any team in history. They have survived the loss of numerous key players and yet maintain success through the impressive depth of the team. Yet a 5th round pick gets cut after 3 seasons and it suddenly points to incompetence.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even more bizarre is Packers fans who expect every draft pick to be a success. Fans who will ignore the positive facts about a team they are supposedly a fan of, and focus on the negative.

The Packers have won more games in the last 3 years than any team in history. They have survived the loss of numerous key players and yet maintain success through the impressive depth of the team. Yet a 5th round pick gets cut after 3 seasons and it suddenly points to incompetence.

Honestly Keke I'd deem a successful pick despite now gone. For a 5th rounder he provided much more substance than anyone should have logically expected and faster than most would have assumed.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a list of all DL available. Not finding anything. I would think the Packers have someone in mind already.

They have 2 PS players, RJ McIntosh and Abdullah Anderson. Maybe one of them has been impressing coaches.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly Keke I'd deem a successful pick despite now gone. For a 5th rounder he provided much more substance than anyone should have logically expected and faster than most would have assumed.
And if not truly successful certainly not a negative. At worst its a neutral.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a list of all DL available. Not finding anything. I would think the Packers have someone in mind already.

They have 2 PS players, RJ McIntosh and Abdullah Anderson. Maybe one of them has been impressing coaches.

Both of those PS guys were protected earlier this week as 2 of our 4 this week. I sense the Keke decision was known as likely to happen due to this extra protection.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nailed it.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It tells me that LaFleur is above airing dirty laundry in public. While we all want to know (myself included) it's really not important right now. The more LaFleur says right now about it (right or wrong) the more it becomes a media focus and distraction.

Best of luck Keke. Rodgers could have put a ring on it...

Perhaps a mutual agreement to keep things quiet, if it was a behavioral issue not say family then we do not need Keke telling his side and creating a distraction. The team keeps quiet helping him to land somewhere else and he keeps his mouth shut. If this were merely a familial problem or mental health issue the team probably puts him on IR. That he was released suggests behavior to be the culprit.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kinda sense it is a bad blood or very personal family/health issue that they will let Keke express if he chooses to. Either way wish him well and who knows if it is something personal and no bad blood it may not be the last time we see Keke in GB.

You dont release a guy who is going through familial problems or mental health issues for that. You likely put him on IR for whatever reason and revisit him next offseason. That they cut him suggests that your original read, behavioral, may have been right.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Gutenkunst draft pick cut before his rookie deal finalizes.
You pick the Packers GM and I'll tell you his draft picks cut before rookie deals finalized. I'll start with Ron Wolf:

1st Round: Terrell Buckley, Vonnie Holiday, Antoine Edwards, Jamal Reynolds
2nd Round: Mark D'Onofrio, Derrick Mayes, Fred Vinson
3rd Round: LeShon Johnson, Darius Holland, Tyrone Williams, Brett Conway (punter), Jonathon Brown, Cletidus Hunt, Steve Warren, Torrance Marshall, Bhawoh Jue

The list grows much longer if you want me to go into the 4th and 6th rounds where J'Mon Moore and ESB were drafted. Do you even know what the league average is for players in those rounds that get cut before their rookie deal expires? Good grief

In the top three rounds, Gutekunst has only missed on Josh Jackson and Jace Sternberger so far. That's an impressive success rate compared to his winners in those rounds:
- Jaire Alexander
- Rashan Gary
- Darnell Savage
- Eric Stokes
- Elgton Jenkins
- AJ Dillon
- Josh Meyers
- Josiah Deguara

Not included as all are still on the team but wouldn't be considered success stories yet: Jordan Love, Oren Burks, Amari Rodgers

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You dont release a guy who is going through familial problems or mental health issues for that. You likely put him on IR for whatever reason and revisit him next offseason. That they cut him suggests that your original read, behavioral, may have been right.

You do if it has been weeks, this "issue" whatever it was had him out and inactive for game prior to Christmas, and then the Covid list hit him to hide further inactives it would seem. You don't release a guy IF it is temporary, but you do if roster spots are getting tight and no end is seen soon. All unknowns...

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps a mutual agreement to keep things quiet, if it was a behavioral issue not say family then we do not need Keke telling his side and creating a distraction. The team keeps quiet helping him to land somewhere else and he keeps his mouth shut. If this were merely a familial problem or mental health issue the team probably puts him on IR. That he was released suggests behavior to be the culprit.
Not a good distraction to have prior to an important game. This is not what we need at this time. It causes a dynamic change in psyche behavior and plays against our favor. Whatever it is it had to be done and hope our guys can keep focus.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a good distraction to have prior to an important game. This is not what we need at this time. It causes a dynamic change in psyche behavior and plays against our favor. Whatever it is it had to be done and hope our guys can keep focus.
A lot better than before the Denver Super Bowl. I think it is a non issue and don't care right now what happened.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot better than before the Denver Super Bowl. I think it is a non issue and don't care right now what happened.
you may not but what if he was stealing players' Twinkies or other similar novelties that caused a distraction in the locker room? seriously though you're right non issue and Packers did what they had to whatever was best for the Packers.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As always, is it really all that hard to understand that some folks aren't happy with a great regular season record if it doesn't translate into playoff success (defined, as some do, as a Lombardi)? And, that those same folks are "fans"?

Latest posts