Packers cut Victor Aiyewa

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

The LB has been released by the Packers, no reason given on why it occured after the first OTA practice.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Jermichael Finley is gonna be resigned. He will start the season on pup much like Sean Richardson did last season. Look for him to really give the offense a big boost during the stretch run ala James Starks during the 2010 season. This is a great move for the Packers, glad to have 88 back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Because Jermichael Finley is gonna be resigned. He will start the season on pup much like Sean Richardson did last season. Look for him to really give the offense a big boost during the stretch run ala James Starks during the 2010 season. This is a great move for the Packers, glad to have 88 back.

Sorry to spoil the party, but I don´t think the move has anything to do with the Packers bringing back Finley.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

They're saving the roster spot for someone.

I don't think Aiyewa, who appeared in five games for the team last season, was dead last on the depth chart and was released to make room for someone.

I assume he failed a physical because of an undisclosed injury.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Or maybe very out of shape or otherwise showing he wasn't ready for competition.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I don't think Aiyewa, who appeared in five games for the team last season, was dead last on the depth chart and was released to make room for someone.

I assume he failed a physical because of an undisclosed injury.
TBH I don't doubt Aiyewa was dead last on the DC. He was a ST only guy who really had no business being on the roster. I woudn have needed to have somebody else to sign for me to cut him.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the spot still hasn't been filled and jfin is still out there. Hope we can get him signed sounds like patriots, steelers, and raiders are after him and I'm not buying that the Seahawks are out, unless bidding has gone too high in which case packers are prob out too.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

TBH I don't doubt Aiyewa was dead last on the DC. He was a ST only guy who really had no business being on the roster. I woudn have needed to have somebody else to sign for me to cut him.

I don´t think Aiyewa would have had a chance to make the 53, but there was no other reason to cut him after the first OTA practice than him failing a physical, especially as the team hasn´t filled the roster spot until now.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Well the spot still hasn't been filled and jfin is still out there. Hope we can get him signed sounds like patriots, steelers, and raiders are after him and I'm not buying that the Seahawks are out, unless bidding has gone too high in which case packers are prob out too.
Technically he only visited the Steelers team doc, who performed the op.
I don´t think Aiyewa would have had a chance to make the 53, but there was no other reason to cut him after the first OTA practice than him failing a physical, especially as the team hasn´t filled the roster spot until now.
I agree there's no reason to bump him now, but I also see no reason to keep him, unless as you theorized something was wrong. Just sayin I don't doubt he was the bottom of the roster.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts