1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers could be hosting draft

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by MiamiBeachPacker, May 24, 2016.

1. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +282
  2. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +962
  3. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Pretty much what he said.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +506

Synopsis: The Packers are one of the finalists to host the 2019 draft.:D:D:D

Seriously, that's pretty much all it said other than adding their source is Ian Rapoport.

Actually, the OP here says they are a "Finalist" and the article headline says they are a "Strong Candidates" which I think are both a little optimistic given that Rapoport's tweet was

Talked with #Packers President Mark Murphy about hosting the draft. They're in the mix for '19, after not making final list for '17 or '18

In the mix doesn't exactly scream "Finalist" or "Strong Candidate" to me. We don't even know if there is a "final list" for 2019 yet.

I do think that one of the reason for the whole Titletown District is to make us more attractive for something like this. Green Bay will never host a Super Bowl but I do think the draft could be pulled off nicely.

Does anyone know how the new hotel at the Titletown District compares to the venue in Chicago where they held the draft.

5. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Auditorium Theatre Chicago - site of 2016 draft:
    [​IMG]

Titletown district Green Bay:
    [​IMG]

Summary, GreenBay has a way to go.
    The draft won't be in the titletown hotel. From: http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/money/2015/08/21/titletown-district-acre-plaza/32052591/
    More likely the draft would be at the Resch Center / Shopko Hall on the other side of Lambeau: [​IMG]
    with other options being the Lambeau Field Atrium and stadium, the KI Convention center downtown, or the Weidner Center at UWGB:
    [​IMG] .

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    No draftee is gonna wanna leave after they get dat hotdish and brats.

7. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Can you define this for this old provincial?

8. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +361
    Whoopty doo, Basil.

9. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    This is exciting off-season news

10. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +506
    Wasn't sure whether to go with informative or funny but since others already gave you the informative I went with funny.

We do got that porta potty though so its a start.

11. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    If I remember, wasn't it chilly/drizzling this year in Chicago for the draft? I doubt that GB would hold anything outdoors in the stadium. I assume that the NFL is trying to gear up the draft to be just like the Super Bowl, the type of event that city leaders stumble over themselves to provide everything for free, tax incentives, and first born children for a minimal to modest return. The NFL makes A LOT of money doing this.