Packers attend Kevin Jones workout.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough Love... Grant should be getting the message...

But... Rodgers The leader of the Packers "O" just called Grant a budding superstar in his interview with Rome. (Pharaphrasing.)

I wonder if the Packers were a little pissed Rodgers made that statement while Grant is pondering holding out?

davepyne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is worth a gamble for the Pack. Our RB situation is still tenuous. Let's see what happens.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

But... Rodgers The leader of the Packers "O" just called Grant a budding superstar in his interview with Rome. (Pharaphrasing.)

I wonder if the Packers were a little pissed Rodgers made that statement while Grant is pondering holding out?

I was thinking the same thing. They probably thought, "Thanks a lot, Aaron."

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plz sign jones TT since he got cut i wanted him in gb ... we'd probably have the best 1-2 punch in the nfl ... grant and jones

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
With the staff talking up Jackson all spring, this is a little surprising in nature.. but as suggested maybe it is just a little message to the Grant camp.. or maybe to Wynn and the other backs thinking about a roster spot.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Raider Pride said:

I couldn't disagree with you guys more. What is this "message" you think Thompson is trying to send Grant by taking a look a Jones? All of the available FA backs are a significant down grade from Grant. Grant knows this , and the Packers know this.

I don't need to remind anyone of the significant difference in our running game with the emergence of Grant last season. The "You'll take what we give you " attitude that some expect Thompson to take with Grant won't work . Neither side has any leverage in this. Grant is under contract and can only hold out and The Packers only have unproven Jackson , Wynn, and some 3rd rate FAs available.

It's in BOTH parties best interest to get this deal done.

Also, Implying that Rodger's complimenting Grant in an interview could be harmful to the Packers negotiations is ridiculous.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Raider Pride said:

I couldn't disagree with you guys more. What is this "message" you think Thompson is trying to send Grant by taking a look a Jones? All of the available FA backs are a significant down grade from Grant. Grant knows this , and the Packers know this.

I don't need to remind anyone of the significant difference in our running game with the emergence of Grant last season. The "You'll take what we give you " attitude that some expect Thompson to take with Grant won't work . Neither side has any leverage in this. Grant is under contract and can only hold out and The Packers only have unproven Jackson , Wynn, and some 3rd rate FAs available.

Also, Implying that Rodger's complimenting Grant in an interview could be harmful to the Packers negotiations is ridiculous.

I couldn't disagree with you more. the "you'll take what we give you" attitude will work. IF THATS WHAT WE DO. I dont guess you understand that Ryan Grant has absolutely zero leverage in this deal. he has two options play with his current contract or sit on the sidelines for two years. The Packers have ALL THE LEVERAGE buddy. ALL OF IT.

I want them to work it out, and agree that Ryan Grant deserves a little more money and an incentive laden contract to get him to his next contract. but i dont think he deserves a huge new contract for 8 games of greatness. he should take a little more money, some great incentives and play his *** off until his contract comes up. or he can sit and we will go get someone else to do his job. Jones or Jackson sound fine to me.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Raider Pride said:

I agree.
Grant and the Packers know Grant's potential.
But the Packers have to look at ALL options, just in case. So theres nothing to them looking at ANY available player. That doesn't mean they are gonna sign the guy.
I have looked at cars on a car lot, even at times that i had no intentions of buying a car.
It doesn't mean anything because they look. In fact, i'd be more upset if they didn't look at all possibilities. It would mean they arn't doing their jobs.

NFL_GEEK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT sucks! go ahead and sign Jones so the Packs can have a bunch of injurying RBs. comon...at least give Grant a decent contract..perhaps more money if not the long term contract...

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kewlbeans said:
Greg C. said:
Raider Pride said:

I agree.
Grant and the Packers know Grant's potential.
But the Packers have to look at ALL options, just in case. So theres nothing to them looking at ANY available player. That doesn't mean they are gonna sign the guy.
I have looked at cars on a car lot, even at times that i had no intentions of buying a car.
It doesn't mean anything because they look. In fact, i'd be more upset if they didn't look at all possibilities. It would mean they arn't doing their jobs.

I agree with your agreement cheesy 8)

I think signing a Kevin Jones or equivalent free agent Rb would be more of a message to backups B. Jackson and Wynn rather than Grant.

Reaction score

Well said, I completely agree.

The Packers are just doing their due diligence. If the Packers RB crops should be hampered with injury like last year, and let's say it happens during the season, at least the Packers will be prepared.

I'd expect this kind of thing from the front office. I'd actually be surprised if the Packers sent more than a couple of scouts to the workout. That might indicate some interest, but otherwise I think the Packers are alright with what they have.

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All it takes is a couple of injurys and were back to the running back by committee we had the first half of the year. I think this would be a great pick up, when he's healthy he can be a star and having him and Grant in the back field would be great.

Remember a couple of years ago when we had one of the strongest backfields in the league with Green, Davenport and Fisher then the all got injured? It can happen again and having another guy in there that could carry the load would be a great thing.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats what i say Porky. They need to keep up to date on who is out there, in case something happens. An injury can throw a wrench into your plans, and if you arn't prepared you are screwed.
Heck....if they go out and look at available QB's, does that mean Rodgers is out?
You have to cover ALL bases, so that no matter what happens, you have an alternate plan.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is a threat to score at every down. While he's injury-prone, he's more proven than any of our backs. I say go for it.

Members online

Latest posts