Packers are "hated"

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could have downed a case of beer and came up with this map without reading a single tweet.

Which teams are the most hated? For the most part its the successful ones. Why doesn't IL, MN, ND, SD, IA, hate the lions instead of the Packers? Because it takes the Lions 4 years to get as many wins as the Packers get in 1. If the Packers and Lions switched records over the last 30 years I'd bet anything they would be more hated than the Packers.

The only thing that surprises me even a little bit is WV and TN hating the Ravens an Indiana hating the Patriots although I can understand the hatred for the Patriots given their success even though its not been so recently.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A product of our success. Used to despise the Cowboys back when they beat us every year.

We have been beating down the Bears, Vikings, and Lions for so long - I get it and I'm not offended at all.

Deep down the fans are jealous. They dont understand why they can't be better themselves. I was a Packer fan through the 70s and 80s. I know how futile it can all seem when your best hope is getting above .500 and sneaking into the playoffs.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone got paid for writing this article....that like has been said I could come up with the map while wasted drunk.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I despised the cocaine-fueled culture of the Cowboys, and have never liked Jerry Jones (although I do respect how he got to where he is). I have no problem with Jimmy Johnson, Aikman, or many of the amazing players that continually whooped our rear-ends in the 90s.

Maybe I see things differently than most, but it is rare that I hate a team just because they beat us. I appreciated the 49ers for the hard-fought games in the early 2010s, and the same with the Seahawks of that era. Lots of great games back and forth.

Even the mid-80s Bears have a lot of my respect. McMahon was a clown but he had talent. The rest of the team was a bunch of lunch-pail athletes that brought the iron with them to each game. I hated losing but respected their play. Sweetness, Singletary, Dent, Gault, Rivera, Duerson...

I get people hating the Packers and to me it's a sign of success. Do everything the right way and half of the people will be conflicted about hating you.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sweetness, Singletary, Dent, Gault, Rivera, Duerson...
Good post but would not call these guys lunch pail athletes. And the bears will always be a rivalry. Hate (for any team) is pretty extreme but some fans (of any team) are so fanatic that they are like that. For me, really strong dislike and want that team to always lose unless it really benefits us.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the Bears, not really, I love watching them lose that's for sure. But I have liked a lot of their individual players over the years

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait... so the east coast forgot about NE and rather hate the Cowboys; and the southeastern states hate Tampa Bay now?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Interestingly though haven`t some of our own players dreaded initially coming here/ there because of the cold weather ? or did I just imagine that ?

Reaction score
Wait... so the east coast forgot about NE and rather hate the Cowboys; and the southeastern states hate Tampa Bay now?
Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, NY, NJ etc..
while not in the vicinity of Texas, are the bulk of their Division fans.
D.C., Philly, NY etc..

Miami hating NE is obvious.

My guess for the rest of those states south of Mason Dixon line. All of those in the North East going south to retire. NY to Buffalo is a massive retiring demographic. I partly know that because I lived in VA for 26 years and many of us Yankees filter due South to Richmond and beyond into the warm weather after retiring. It’s a nice change to not shovel much snow and still wear a swimsuit at the beach in Oct-Dec etc..

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, NY, NJ etc..
while not in the vicinity of Texas, are the bulk of their Division fans.
D.C., Philly, NY etc..

Miami hating NE is obvious.

My guess for the rest of those states south of Mason Dixon line. All of those in the North East going south to retire. NY to Buffalo is a massive retiring demographic. I partly know that because I lived in VA for 26 years and many of us Yankees filter due South to Richmond and beyond into the warm weather after retiring. It’s a nice change to not shovel much snow and still wear a swimsuit at the beach in Oct-Dec etc..
All that time I didn't even realize Cowboys had mostly East coast teams in their division. Goes to show you how much I pay attention to where each team goes.

Tampa being hated the most is understood now because of Brady. I get that though.

Reaction score
All that time I didn't even realize Cowboys had mostly East coast teams in their division. Goes to show you how much I pay attention to where each team goes.
Yeah well that’s understood. It makes about as much geographic sense as Tampa being in our division years ago.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A product of our success. Used to despise the Cowboys back when they beat us every year.

We have been beating down the Bears, Vikings, and Lions for so long - I get it and I'm not offended at all.

Deep down the fans are jealous. They dont understand why they can't be better themselves. I was a Packer fan through the 70s and 80s. I know how futile it can all seem when your best hope is getting above .500 and sneaking into the playoffs.
I remember during the 80s when the bares were beating us so it is so nice to beat up on them now. :D

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interestingly though haven`t some of our own players dreaded initially coming here/ there because of the cold weather ? or did I just imagine that ?
No more mild hallucinogens for you young man...lol....truth be told I do not hate the bears because if there was no football in Chicago the pack wouldnt exist. Dallas I do not like due to the aforementioned cocaine era - in today's game Michael Irvin would be flagged for OPI every play, Cris Carter too. Any northern team that has a dome sticks in my craw. Now back to the fire in the back yard..lol

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Our division rivals and their fans absolutely dread the fact that if the game comes down to a one possession game and we have the ball, the outcome is already known. Sucks the heart and soul right out of them. It's great to be king!!!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I grew up in San Diego as a Chargers fan. There were teams that I despised (outside of the obvious division rivals) like the Patriots, Cowboys, 49ers... but the Packers were never one of those and I didn't find that they were loathed by other fans either.

The Packers were always more in the category of the Steelers and Ravens for me-- teams and organizations who did things the right away and earned the attention they received.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts