packerplus/packersnews merger?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have JSOnline and Packersnews (Green Bay Press Gazette) merged under the banner of USA Today/Gannett ?
The pages for both sites are the same scaled down version packers news has been using.
If so, this is a big loss, and the continuation of the destruction of quality on the web.

D

Deleted member 6794

Have JSOnline and Packersnews (Green Bay Press Gazette) merged under the banner of USA Today/Gannett ?
The pages for both sites are the same scaled down version packers news has been using.
If so, this is a big loss, and the continuation of the destruction of quality on the web.

After the Gannett Company bought the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel this year it shouldn't come as a surprise the Packers coverage of the Press Gazette and the JS have been merged.

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/...d-packers-coverage-b99765742z1-388031622.html

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

Well, it sucks. Wonder if we'll still get McGinn's Tuesday after the game breakdowns and grades?

From the article I linked to above:

McGinn will still provide his analysis through his Sunday column, his film study after each game and the scouting report on the opponents.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to start another thread about this, but will follow this one. In short, GANNETT BLOWS.
I've been a paying digital subscriber to MJS for many years. The log in was easy, really good content, etc.
The new website is a freaking nightmare.
1) With the help of two calls to customer service I found how to log in. WOULDN'T YOU THINK YOU WOULD PUT THAT FRONT AND CENTER ON YOUR WEBSITE? The geniuses at Gannett apparently haven't figured out that not everyone is a webmaster. I used to have it bookmarked. Can't do that. It won't let you log in off a bookmark(so says the customer service rep). You have to search for JSOnline, then get to the webpage, then go to a small icon on the far bottom. After that is the manual log in, then more searching to get back to the webpage.
Like all Gannett papers, there's a blizzard of crap on the page, about 20% is of interest. I used to like Lori Nickel's football columns. She's nowhere to be found. They kept McGinn, Cohen and Siverstein, and some of the Press-Gazette folks. It's a hodge-podge of stuff. The customer service rep said the page has been optimized for mobile phones, that's fine, but does that exclude everyone else from ease of operation if your not using a mobile device?
I liked the coverage of the Bucks and Brewers and Badgers. But I'm going to search for websites that provide the same info without the UTTER ARROGANCE of the Gannett jackels.
I'm seriously thinking of ending my monthly subscription to the digital portal. They obviously don't give hoot about customer satisfaction, so why should I contribute?

Members online