PackerForum.com has been updated.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is a seperate sub-forum for AR necessary? I mean he's a complicated diva, but still, this feels very elitist! ;)

In all seriousness, that one or two threads on him can well be in main Packer Forum itself!
Agreed, until he gets another ring or tops the all time passing record he doesn't get a sub-forum.

That's reserved for Favre, Hornung, Hutson, Starr, White, and Wood

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do miss the disagree button but this format fits 99% of the times folks used it though. Many failed to grasp there is a terrible difference between disagreeing with someone and being mad about what they said or emotionally triggered by what they said.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I do miss the disagree button but this format fits 99% of the times folks used it though. Many failed to grasp there is a terrible difference between disagreeing with someone and being mad about what they said or emotionally triggered by what they said.

I plan on adding a few more "reactions" in soon.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m sorry but removing the shoutbox in favour of just using the threads to me is a BIG mistake. I know a lot of people avoided it but, it was live conversation which in most instances worked well enough. I think this will tie up threads and create more work for the moderators with complaints about offensive comments. JMHO Shaggy, but it`s your forum.
I agree. The shoutbox was fun during games. Game threads can be clunky.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Follow the money Bill. This is an ad paid for website. Ads are billed by the post count they are seen on. Shoutbox did not generate post count. A live thread will. Shaggy didn't invest in this place for fun.
It always comes down to money. I get it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I used to enjoy the shoutbox in games until last year when nearly every other line was blaming King or MVS for every gosh dang thing that is bad in the world.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The shoutbox was monitored by me and Zartan. Zartan wasn`t given the credit he deserved honestly. I understand why Shaggy shut it down though after the explanation. My comment was just that I feel it might cause mayhem turning it onto the threads.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I plan on adding a few more "reactions" in soon.
How are those coming along? Sure miss the old ones ;)

Also, maybe I just haven't figured out "how" under the new format, but we used to be able to make a post with "numbering and Bullitt points", but that seems to have disappeared?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
@Shaggy is it something in the new software or is it something youtube did but all videos to that site from before midweek have broken links. New links work but the ones from last week/month/year don't even appear. Just empty posts in many cases.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
@Shaggy is it something in the new software or is it something youtube did but all videos to that site from before midweek have broken links. New links work but the ones from last week/month/year don't even appear. Just empty posts in many cases.
As my Mom used to say after I broke something..."This is why we don't have nice things."

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
As my Mom used to say after I broke something..."This is why we don't have nice things."
And HER mom probably had a room in the house only used for company. Where the heirloom oil lamps and doilies were displayed. Plastic on the furniture. Always chilly in the winter, musty in the summer.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
@Shaggy check out the free S9e/Mediasites add-on works wonders in xenforo for attaching media to posts. Have been using it way back into Xenforo 1.0

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not having shoutbox is a huge mistake. If security is an issue there, it's an issue everywhere here then. Thousands of websites successfully use chats with no issues.

Reaction score
I just figured you put up a "alcohol will no longer be served here" over the shoutbox and they all left! ;)
Plus it started right after the first Delta variant was recognized. There were clearly too many people way too close in that one box.
Myself I’d go with….
Everybody Just Stay Calm Box

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone can help or if this is the right place but I'll ask anyway. Here is my problem.

I have a link directly to the new posts page. I click it and it brings me to the page that lists all the new posts (duh, no problem). I click on the first one and it takes me to the first unread post in that thread (again...duh, no problem) The problem is I can't go directly back to the new posts page from there. There is no "back" button or arrow or anything that I can see. I have to go completely out and click on the new posts link again. It brings me back to the new posts page and the one I just read is now gone so it's only a minor inconvenience but just find it strange there is no way to go directly back.

My old phone had a back arrow but my new one is different and it takes me all the way back to the previous site I was on not just the previous page. Like I said it's no big deal but it would be nice if I didn't have to take the extra step.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone can help or if this is the right place but I'll ask anyway. Here is my problem.

I have a link directly to the new posts page. I click it and it brings me to the page that lists all the new posts (duh, no problem). I click on the first one and it takes me to the first unread post in that thread (again...duh, no problem) The problem is I can't go directly back to the new posts page from there. There is no "back" button or arrow or anything that I can see. I have to go completely out and click on the new posts link again. It brings me back to the new posts page and the one I just read is now gone so it's only a minor inconvenience but just find it strange there is no way to go directly back.

My old phone had a back arrow but my new one is different and it takes me all the way back to the previous site I was on not just the previous page. Like I said it's no big deal but it would be nice if I didn't have to take the extra step.
Lighting bolt..upper right for me

Attachments

• 01985F14-CDE2-486D-8176-D964C8CA8D5B.jpeg
    01985F14-CDE2-486D-8176-D964C8CA8D5B.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 175

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cell phone?

Desktop?

Windows updated? Powered off and back on? Clear cache and temp files?

Log out and back in?

Members online

Latest posts