PackerForum.com has been updated.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So the forum has been updated to the latest version. With the update, the skin(look/theme) had to also be updated. So there will be differences in the layout and feel of the site. With the update, I had to remove 2 major things.

1. Removed Shoutbox - The shoutbox has been removed and will no longer be here. When the time comes for football talk, it will be done in a normal thread. There is an add I will possible install that can automaticlly add new posts to the thread without you even having to refresh the page, similar to a chat setting. So I feel it will be a much better setup then the shout box.

2. Removed Tapatalk - Sorry for those that accessed the site via Tapatalk. I decided to not add them back in because of the huge security issues they bring. I had no control on what they did or coded in and there have been several times the site has had issues with their add on. They were a great add on to forums back when PF was on vBulletin, but since the update to XF, they haven't been the same or really no longer needed. So again, sorry if this effects your viewing of PF. I hope you give the browser viewing on your mobile a try as it looks great as the site is very responsive(shrinks down to fit any size screen).

So if you see any issues or if you would like me to add in anything, please let me know here.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thanks Shaggy! Nothing like a "new forum smell". Love driving it around, as we all reminisce about our old forum and get used to the new shiny model......
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1020 error for a member..yes Poker sent a link but in case others have it too

TEXPAC2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also send a message to you. I have a new email address since I retired. With the new format it logged me out. I need to update my email and password. Can you send me an email telling me how? Thanks

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still unsure how I feel....I just know clearly I'm old if change is bugging me LOL

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I also send a message to you. I have a new email address since I retired. With the new format it logged me out. I need to update my email and password. Can you send me an email telling me how? Thanks
Did you PM me?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1020 error still is an issue..I may have to Merge him with a new name and see if that works

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m sorry but removing the shoutbox in favour of just using the threads to me is a BIG mistake. I know a lot of people avoided it but, it was live conversation which in most instances worked well enough. I think this will tie up threads and create more work for the moderators with complaints about offensive comments. JMHO Shaggy, but it`s your forum.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I`m sorry but removing the shoutbox in favour of just using the threads to me is a BIG mistake. I know a lot of people avoided it but, it was live conversation which in most instances worked well enough. I think this will tie up threads and create more work for the moderators with complaints about offensive comments. JMHO Shaggy, but it`s your forum.
Follow the money Bill. This is an ad paid for website. Ads are billed by the post count they are seen on. Shoutbox did not generate post count. A live thread will. Shaggy didn't invest in this place for fun.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome.back!

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Follow the money Bill. This is an ad paid for website. Ads are billed by the post count they are seen on. Shoutbox did not generate post count. A live thread will. Shaggy didn't invest in this place for fun.
Huh? You really think that's why I got rid of the shoutbox?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2. Removed Tapatalk - Sorry for those that accessed the site via Tapatalk. I decided to not add them back in because of the huge security issues they bring.
I was hoping you could elaborate on the security issues for Tapatalk. I go thru it on a different forum (not sports) and now I am a little uptight about it.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure like not having to scroll up to go to the next page and still keep my place. But I miss not being able to click on "informative" for example.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I sure like not having to scroll up to go to the next page and still keep my place. But I miss not being able to click on "informative" for example.
Shaggy is working on all the reaction/ratings. He said he hopes to get back the ones that were here before AND add more. :tup:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, I agree. I admit sometimes during games people would say ridiculous stuff in the Shoutbox which did have me sometimes check out and wait till later in games to return. But I still think it added to the experience overall in a positive way and ... Well don't be surprised if some here go looking for other sites that have live chat boxes during gamedays.

I will say I don't mind having the like button simplified because I did feel it was kind of redundant to have green check marks and thumbs up. But I say if we're going to have one Facebook button, add the other dislike button.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I will say I don't mind having the like button simplified because I did feel it was kind of redundant to have green check marks and thumbs up.
I viewed them as 2 separate things.

"Like" means...."ah yes, I never thought of that, good point".

"Agree" means...."I am/was thinking the same thing, well said"

The Red X or "Disagree" is actually rather annoying IMO. Some use it as "my opinion doesn't line up with yours", which is fine, but then tell me what your opinion is, don't just give me a Red X. Now if you are adamant about someone being way off in their facts or maybe an opinion, then I see the Red X being delivered. I think a thumbs down and an X would be nice. Thumbs down being just a "disagree because...." Red X...."you my friend are out of your mind."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I admit sometimes during games people would say ridiculous stuff in the Shoutbox which did have me sometimes check out and wait till later in games to return. But I still think it added to the experience overall in a positive way and ... Well don't be surprised if some here go looking for other sites that have live chat boxes during gamedays.

I will say I don't mind having the like button simplified because I did feel it was kind of redundant to have green check marks and thumbs up. But I say if we're going to have one Facebook button, add the other dislike button.
Shout box was removed for a very valid reason. If he wants to explain he will..

He will add a thread that will auto update with having to re fresh...it will be like the shout box but wont look like one.

I swear every one gets so worked up on changes or rules with out knowing why or seeing it work.

R E L A X

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well how much for a Shoutbox subscription? $5/mo?
I viewed them as 2 separate things.

"Like" means...."ah yes, I never thought of that, good point".

"Agree" means...."I am/was thinking the same thing, well said"

The Red X or "Disagree" is actually rather annoying IMO. Some use it as "my opinion doesn't line up with yours", which is fine, but then tell me what your opinion is, don't just give me a Red X. Now if you are adamant about someone being way off in their facts or maybe an opinion, then I see the Red X being delivered. I think a thumbs down and an X would be nice. Thumbs down being just a "disagree because...." Red X...."you my friend are out of your mind."
I love the Red X, you want someone's ******* to get in a bunch, just click that little feller and let the dramatics begin.

Members online

Latest posts