Packer Potential Draftee Visits

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

More grist for the mill:

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...ospect-meetings-and-pro-day-interview-tracker

SB Nation is reporting on-site visits with:

Kevin Byard - S - Middle Tennessee
Devin Fuller - WR - UCLA
Bronson Kaufusi - DE - BYU (Walter reported him as "some kind of meeting" in the OP; this looks like a second go-round)

Note that SB Nation also reports 4 LBs (unofficial/rumored: Pro Day) not in the Walter list.

Lots of LB's being looked at, as one would expect.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

Note that SB Nation also reports 4 LBs (unofficial/rumored: Pro Day) not in the Walter list.

Lots of LB's being looked at, as one would expect.

All of the linebackers listed will most likely go undrafted and won't make an impact next season though.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Walter added Robby Anderson, WR, Temple to their list as a private visit.

D

Deleted member 6794

Walter added Robby Anderson, WR, Temple to their list as a private visit.

Most likely another receiver going undrafted. Anderson (6-3, 187) ran a 4.34 40 at his pro day and had a total of 114 receptions for 1,730 yards and 16 TDs in two seasons playing for Temple. He was suspended for the 2014 season for academic purposes.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Most likely another receiver going undrafted. Anderson (6-3, 187) ran a 4.34 40 at his pro day and had a total of 114 receptions for 1,730 yards and 16 TDs in two seasons playing for Temple. He was suspended for the 2014 season for academic purposes.
They're looking at developmental speed, a continuing theme over the last couple years. It's a shift from the "we're OK with guys in the 4.5's", or even Boykin types who tick slower.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Nick Vannett, reported yesterday:

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...sits-ohio-state-tight-end-nick-vannett-report

This is the kind of run blocking TE we've been discussing for the #3 spot. The guy may even be a better pass blocker than run blocker, but the Packers rarely use that option.

This guy is getting a lot of 3rd. round grades. Really? There's a fair amount of OSU fever in the pundits' draft projections this season. There is no way the Packers should draft him anywhere near that level. Like Rodgers, he runs around 4.9. That, together with his jumping numbers, make him look like an athletic OT.

Acme Packing is reporting the visit as a "workout and/or visit". "Workout" is likely the operative term...to find out if the Pro Day was just a bad day.

At least with Vannett you'd see a guy break a tackle from time to time.

6th. round tops, and that's based on "good college football player" with limited projection.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

I have pulled Higbee from my draft list last week, now I think I will go back and add him. I have no idea if he can block, but it looks like he can play.

Higbee isn't a polished blocker. He could turn into an above average receiving threat at the position though.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny how we only, for the most part, hear about the late round or under after guys meetings. I can't think of many big name guys, Spence, Smith(injured ND) meeting with us.

I don't think we spend a high pick at RB, but I think Dixon will be very good (run and reciever) .

D

Deleted member 6794

It's funny how we only, for the most part, hear about the late round or under after guys meetings. I can't think of many big name guys, Spence, Smith(injured ND) meeting with us.

The Packers met with Jaylon Smith at the combine but haven't had him in for a visit so far. Thompson takes a different approach with the team's pre draft visits, mostly bringing in late round or undrafted players as well as guys having had off the field issues.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to the JournalSentinel the following prospects had a visit with the Packers as well:

OLB Christian French
DT Alex Balducci
CB Makinton Dorleant
C/G Kyle Steuck
OT Josh James
OL Alex Lewis
OL Wes Schweitzer
RB Dwayne Washington
DL David Onyemata
WR Bryce Treggs
OL Ted Karras
CB Kalan Reed
S Peni Vea
OL Blake Muir
FB Joe Kerridge
OL Le'Raven Clark

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
According to the JournalSentinel the following prospects had a visit with the Packers as well:

OLB Christian French
DT Alex Balducci
CB Makinton Dorleant
C/G Kyle Steuck
OT Josh James
OL Alex Lewis
OL Wes Schweitzer
RB Dwayne Washington
DL David Onyemata
WR Bryce Treggs
OL Ted Karras
CB Kalan Reed
S Peni Vea
OL Blake Muir
FB Joe Kerridge
OL Le'Raven Clark

Keep that list handy when it comes to UDFA signing, I bet we see a few from it sign with GB.

D

Deleted member 6794

Keep that list handy when it comes to UDFA signing, I bet we see a few from it sign with GB.

The one I'm most intrigued by out of that list is Kalan Reed. While a lot of experts expect him to go undrafted he's #54 on the big board of Pro Football Focus.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Definitely an interesting read on..Reed. It amazes me how all over the board scouts and experts can be on players.
That's easy to explain. It's not about who they are now. It's about what they will become. Opinions are bound to vary when imagination comes into play.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to a front office executive the Packers had Mississippi State DL Chris Jones in for a visit this month as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts