Packer Fan's Perspective Prediction

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I thought it might be fun to pick game by game predictions of the upcoming season by game. This way we can see each poster's considered losses and wins by team. I'll go first with explanation from a fan's perspective:
Saints @ GB: Win. It's at our house defending our title which they want. Not gonna happen.

@ Panthers: Win. If you're going to ponder over a "W" or "L" here, you're probably not a fan. No game is a gimme, but this would be a monumental upset. It's not 1997 and this isn't the same Panthers team.

@ Bears: Win. I can't do it. I just absolutely cannot give the Bears a win in any game this season against the Packers. They play us tough, but they don't have the "nads" to stand tall against the champs this early.

Denver @ GB: Win. Like the Panthers, you wanna think of those proud franchises of the past that challenged the Packers in the middle 90's but this is not that team. You have to hope at this point of the season everyone is still healthy.

@ Atlanta: Loss. I'm not so enamored of the Falcons additions as I am of their rock steady management of a pretty good football club. They are like Green Bay and Pittsburgh lite. I have to find a way for the Packers to lose a game so I don't seem like a total homer. They usually play very well at home and I think if they meet again it will be a repeat of last season.

L.A. Rams @ GB: Win. I LOVE the idea of this game. The Rams are said to be up and coming. Well tough guys, here's your test. They may or may not play us close, but we'll win, but it will give everyone in the NFL a good look at how far the Rams have come.

@ Minnesota: Win. At least Chicago wins SBs. These guys are the poster child for futility. It's not hard to kick them when they're down though, their mouthy fans are so delusional, they think they have a real NFL squad this year.

@ San Diego: Loss. I actually like this team. I really don't think the Packers will lose, but like the Atlanta game, I had to figure where our perfect season would be lost. Looking back in history, the Packers kind of found their offense against them at Lambeau a few years back.

Minnesota @ GB: Win. lol, I'm not gonna beat a dead horse.

Tampa Bay @ GB: Win. We owe this team. We owe them alot. They were the laughing stock for so many years, but they've been a heartbreak for so many more. Some may not remember the rivaly, but I do. Crushing these guys is a statement. They are up and comers and need to be knocked down. Clifton still walks with a limp from Sapp's CHEAP SHOT! As an old time fan a "must win".

@ Detroit: Win. They can be a wild card. Packers don't lost to wild card.

@ New York Giants: Win. I know, this could be far closer than it was last season. The problem for both teams is that they didn't see each other up close with original rosters. We plastered the Giants with many second stringers. I have no confidence in Eli Manning to beat our secondary. NONE!

Oakland @ GB: Win. I don't hate the Raiders like some do. BUt honestly, if you're picking like I am, do you ever, even once, go out on a limb and pick this game as your team's loss?

@ Kansas City: Win. At this point MM has all his cylinders clicking, his RBs and WRs and TEs have it all together. switch 'em up and plug in a new guy. It doesn't matter. Dom has his guys dialed in and there is no team that is comfortable throwing the ball. They will have to run it and there are few teams who can run on the Pack when we know it's coming.

Bares @ GB: Win.
Lions @ GB: Win.

I didn't want to embellish those last two games. It will be painful enough for them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
14-2?

I dont think so..

Saints could very well be a loss, as could the KC game and Tampa..

Dont forget we lost to a win less Tampa team and they are very very much improved

I wouldnt be surprised with a 11-6

I dont want people to be so over confident..

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
14-2?

I would be really surprised if the Pack finished the regular season 11-6.:happy0005:

But, I agree with the sentiment that 14-2 is overly confident. My predictions, which are similar to what LT mentioned above, except that I predict the Lions to beat us in their place again (green=win, red=loss):

New Orleans Saints (H)
Carolina Panthers (A)
Chicago Bears (A)
Denver Broncos (H)
Atlanta Falcons (A)
St. Louis Rams (H)
Minnesota Vikings (A)
Bye
San Diego Chargers (A)
Minnesota Vikings (H)
TB Buccaneers (H)
Detroit Lions (A)
New York Giants (A)
Oakland Raiders (H)
Kansas City Chiefs (A)
Chicago Bears (H)
Detroit Lions (H)

Predicted final record:11-5

Oh, and...
:viksux::chisux::detsux:

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
While I don't agree with most of your picks, I gave you a like because I can see you thought it out, and it's interesting to read other opinions that vary from my own projections.

Here's mine.

New Orleans, WIN 24-21
I posted some essays in another topic about the Saints, and why I think that game will be so close.

At Carolina, WIN 31-7
Cam Newton may have Warren Moon mentoring him, but that don't mean he's going to be the second coming of the Run-N-Shoot legend. We're gonna fold him up, and their defense won't do a whole lot.

At Chicago, LOSE 10-13
We all know this will be close. I do think we can beat them, but I will go ahead with the more realistic assumption so I don't have to get my heart broken again like in Soldier Field last year, when we had their ***** nailed and screwed up with all the BS calls.

Denver, WIN 24-34
Let's just give them the benefit of the doubt. Last year the Saints as defending SB champs got out played by many ****** teams and even lost by Arizona. Teams are going to give us the whole works when playing us. I think Denver will, but they will screw it up and we'll up winning by 10.

At Atlanta, WIN 26-21
I think the Falcons were overrated last year. They won't be winning 13 games this year but they'll give us a run for the money, before falling short.

St.Louis, WIN 10-31
What people are forgetting is that Josh McDumbass from Denver is now the offensive coordinator for the Rams. Bradford is better than Orton, but they still will be running the Down by 20 points late in the second half style offense. They will be throwing a lot, and we can cover their guys. This game will be a cake walk.

At Minnesota, WIN 24-17
The Vikes still try to play us hard, like last year in Lambeau. I will not doubt them at home. They'll play us hard, but we'll come back in their faces.

At San Diego, LOSE 20-23
This will be tough. Can't win 'em all. if I had to pick one loss out of 10, I'd pick this one, even though I SERIOUSLY DOUBT the Chargers when everyone talks about how ******** 'great' they are.

Minnesota, WIN 14-35
Something's wrong. Why are the Vikings second meeting with us just one game apart? Is the NFL trying to mock the NBA with their useless Series BS? They will play another close game early but we'll make up for the mistakes in the earlier game and ultimately win.

Tampa Bay, WIN 24-21
Tampa Bay, just like Atlanta won 10 games because of a weak schedule last year and looking back at their wins, most of them were close. I ain't saying they suck. They are good, but they benefited greatly from playing such a weak schedule last year, just like Atlanta. I think we'll crush them.

At Detroit, WIN 21-17
When is the last time the Lions won on Thanksgiving? This will be a close one, and they'll give us everything but we still will win.

At New York, WIN 28-14
Giants are overrated. They'll keep us busy on defense, but I look for Eli to throw, maybe 2, maybe 3, maybe 4 interceptions again.

Oakland, WIN 20-27
Don't doubt the Raiders. They are probably the best worst team right now after managing a 6-0 record vs their division. They should be a better team and probably will be tough, even though they lack something called a quarterback.

At Kansas City, LOSE 14-21
I just have a bad feeling about the Chiefs. Don't ask me why, but I do. We went so many years losing to them, and while everyone underrates them, I think they are better than they get credit for.

Chicago, WIN, 7-10
The Bears will fight us very hard trying to squeeze a wild card, but we hold our ground at home.

Lions, LOSE 7-14
i pick this as a lose thinking McCarthy will rest his starters going into the playoffs, and the Lions will be fighting for a wild card too.

12-4.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
14-2?

I dont think so..

Dont forget we lost to a win less Tampa team and they are very very much improved

Totally agree, I am worried about Tampa, even though I believe them to be benefiters of a weak schedule

And KC some how always used to find ways to beat us. Remember they were the team Favre could never beat until 2007.

OP
OP
DevilDon

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
14-2?

I dont think so..

I know it's a lofty prediction. But as you said, Saints could be a loss, but just as easily a win, same with KC and Tampa. So are you penciling all three games as losses?
I get what you're saying about losing to a winless Tampa team. But we never beat New York at their place till last year. Didn't beat Philly in playoffs till last year. No NFC team had won the SB from the 6th seed until last year. I know no team has repeated in a few years. Even still, all those things can be changed with one game, just like last year.
Which games are you writing in as losses next year LTF?

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll do week by week!
So much can change due to injuries / weather / FA

So

Week 1: Packers Vs Saints - GB 28 NO 28: OT: Packers win with a Mason Crosby FG doinked of the upright...Should be a Great NFL opener!

:happy0005:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going with 12-4. Losses: Bears, Falcons, Tampa Bay (shocker), Lions.

I think we will win the division for sure. Lions and Bears battle for second with Vikings coming in last.

We play Bears or Eagles in round 1 of playoffs, Falcons or *Eagles (depending on what happens to them) in NFC championship.

Patriots Vs Packers in SB. We win by 6.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will definitely not sweep the division. It seems that we always lose at least one game against the Bears, Lions or both (we should definitely sweep the Vikings, though). I have a hard time ever predicting a team to sweep their division no matter how much better they appear, because divisional rivalries add such an unpredictable facet to games.

I think 12-4 is probably pretty realistic this year, and like usual, one or two of those games will be games that the Packers "should" win but just don't.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm going with 12-4. Losses: Bears, Falcons, Tampa Bay (shocker), Lions.

I think we will win the division for sure. Lions and Bears battle for second with Vikings coming in last.

We play Bears or Eagles in round 1 of playoffs, Falcons or *Eagles (depending on what happens to them) in NFC championship.

Patriots Vs Packers in SB. We win by 6.

Good prediction.

The Lions scare me more than anyone else in the division cause they are young and up coming. I'm really worried about KC.

Tampa Bay, could be a problem, we don't play them as often as we did before the 2000's.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I think we will lose at least one divisional game. Chiefs and Chargers will be losses, and maybe at either against Tampa or Atlanta. I think we finish 12-4. I really wish we had the Eagles on the schedule. I want to shut up the critics.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think we will lose at least one divisional game. Chiefs and Chargers will be losses, and maybe at either against Tampa or Atlanta. I think we finish 12-4. I really wish we had the Eagles on the schedule. I want to shut up the critics.

I agree, it's very hard to go 6-0 vs the divison.

And screw the Eagles, they will be shut up when they drop a game to the Giants or those stupid Cowboys. i don't see them going 2-0 against those teams. They will at least lose to Dallas.