Packer fans are the most knowledgable

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
By the origins of most of these posters, I would say not. I think it comes more from loving the team , and the history behind them that makes them more knowledgable!
Doesn't hurt that we have this forum that helps add to to those stats!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you have to be from GB to be considered knowledgeable?

Dear beautiful (and I do not mean to be sexist).

Answer, no you do not have to be from GB to be knowledgeable about football, but must you have lived in in Green Bay ( or brown county, or door county ) to understand the Packer fan relationship. Fine you live in Texas and call yourself a Packerfan.
But the difference is between a bf/gf and a man and his wife.

EDIT: Glad to see your rep up.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Answer, no you do not have to be from GB to be knowledgeable about football, but must you have lived in in Green Bay ( or brown county, or door county ) to understand the Packer fan relationship. Fine you live in Texas and call yourself a Packerfan.

You know, I'm a pretty passionate fan myself & I live in NJ...I pretty much eat, sleep, & drink Packers all day and all year...ask my wife, Everyday something Packer related is coming out of my mouth...my favorite team in sports by far & it's all I look forward to every year...I believe if I was a "wisconsinite" I would be even happier to have constant interaction with Packer fans day in day out...I basically root for a team that, outside of 2 people I know, NO ONE ROOTS for...It's not like I can walk down the street & see someone wearing green & gold...The measure of a fan can not be measured by their location, in my opinion...but I do believe it makes it easier to be a fan...you pick up the paper & there is always some kind of Packer news drive to green bay in the off-season & watch a practice, I WOULD LOVE TO do THAT!...luckily for the internet, I can stay on top of everything, & thanks to web casts of games I can watch the packers every Sunday...I would think I'm pretty knowledgeable about the game, always trying to learn more of the pro-game, learning the hidden detail of offensive & defensive packages, & willing to learn more...do I understand the packer fan relationship with the packers? I'd like to think I do in my opinion & my opinion is just as credible as anyone else's here

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Passionate more than knowledgeable, imo. Let's face it--most of us (me for sure) don't know much about the intricacies of the pro game. But I like the poll results anyway.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed when listening to Rodger's pressers how much more knowledgeable he seems to be about football compared to, say Favre who has a 20 min presser every Wed about his 329 body parts and whether he'll play (boring)? It seems that AR puts in more time, study, breaks down a lot of plays, puts a name to the players on the opposing team (would make great announcer). Or do I have selective memory?

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear beautiful (and I do not mean to be sexist).

EDIT: Glad to see your rep up.

I definitely understand your point. I'm extremely jealous of anyone who lives, has lived, anywhere near Green Bay.

To be as infatuated as I am about a team that I have no "relationship" with speaks volumes about the character of the team.

But to my credit, here it is Christmas Eve and I'm STILL writing about the Packers.. help me....lol

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn. Can't help but feel that we suffered due to our young bandwagon members.

Every team has them.

It's just the difference between how many actually know the game or take the time to learn the game and the ones who just spout off ridiculous BS (see Bears fans).

The latter makes the enitre fan base look bad or uneducated.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is, it's not a matter of living in or near Green Bay, just about anywhere in Wisconsin will get you in the club. Long ago they used to play one game a year in Milwaukee so the south part of the state would get to see the Packers in person. Much easier to get a ticket to County Stadium than Lambeau. I'm a native Wisconsinite and have lived around the world and a Packer fan is a Packer fan wherever they're from. We are all enjoying life right now!!!!

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is, it's not a matter of living in or near Green Bay, just about anywhere in Wisconsin will get you in the club. Long ago they used to play one game a year in Milwaukee so the south part of the state would get to see the Packers in person. Much easier to get a ticket to County Stadium than Lambeau. I'm a native Wisconsinite and have lived around the world and a Packer fan is a Packer fan wherever they're from. We are all enjoying life right now!!!!

Actually, it wasn't that long ago, 16 or 17 years, when they played 3 games a year in County Stadium, and 1 pre-season game. I know because I've had those tickets for many years, and still have the "Gold" package.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts