1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer fans are the most knowledgable

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Dec 23, 2010.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    Si Players Nfl Poll - 12.27.10 - SI Vault

• Like Like x 3
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Does that make this the most knowledgable nfl forum?

3. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    Do you have to be from GB to be considered knowledgeable?

• Like Like x 2
  4. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    By the origins of most of these posters, I would say not. I think it comes more from loving the team , and the history behind them that makes them more knowledgable!
    Doesn't hurt that we have this forum that helps add to to those stats!

• Like Like x 2
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    No, I assume it would be based on who the players interact with, including random meetings and call ins to radio shows ect. So no, just a fan of GB.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    Football is the only thing Wisconsin has, so It makes sense that we would study and learn the sport

7. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +133
    Dear beautiful (and I do not mean to be sexist).

Answer, no you do not have to be from GB to be knowledgeable about football, but must you have lived in in Green Bay ( or brown county, or door county ) to understand the Packer fan relationship. Fine you live in Texas and call yourself a Packerfan.
    But the difference is between a bf/gf and a man and his wife.

EDIT: Glad to see your rep up.

8. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    You know, I'm a pretty passionate fan myself & I live in NJ...I pretty much eat, sleep, & drink Packers all day and all year...ask my wife, Everyday something Packer related is coming out of my mouth...my favorite team in sports by far & it's all I look forward to every year...I believe if I was a "wisconsinite" I would be even happier to have constant interaction with Packer fans day in day out...I basically root for a team that, outside of 2 people I know, NO ONE ROOTS for...It's not like I can walk down the street & see someone wearing green & gold...The measure of a fan can not be measured by their location, in my opinion...but I do believe it makes it easier to be a fan...you pick up the paper & there is always some kind of Packer news drive to green bay in the off-season & watch a practice, I WOULD LOVE TO do THAT!...luckily for the internet, I can stay on top of everything, & thanks to web casts of games I can watch the packers every Sunday...I would think I'm pretty knowledgeable about the game, always trying to learn more of the pro-game, learning the hidden detail of offensive & defensive packages, & willing to learn more...do I understand the packer fan relationship with the packers? I'd like to think I do in my opinion & my opinion is just as credible as anyone else's here

9. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Passionate more than knowledgeable, imo. Let's face it--most of us (me for sure) don't know much about the intricacies of the pro game. But I like the poll results anyway.

10. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Has anyone noticed when listening to Rodger's pressers how much more knowledgeable he seems to be about football compared to, say Favre who has a 20 min presser every Wed about his 329 body parts and whether he'll play (boring)? It seems that AR puts in more time, study, breaks down a lot of plays, puts a name to the players on the opposing team (would make great announcer). Or do I have selective memory?

11. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    I definitely understand your point. I'm extremely jealous of anyone who lives, has lived, anywhere near Green Bay.

To be as infatuated as I am about a team that I have no "relationship" with speaks volumes about the character of the team.

But to my credit, here it is Christmas Eve and I'm STILL writing about the Packers.. help me....lol

12. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    Okay to bump this, I hope. With all the insults coming our way, I thought it might be a good reminder.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TheWarDen86

TheWarDen86 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Damn. Can't help but feel that we suffered due to our young bandwagon members.

14. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215

Every team has them.

It's just the difference between how many actually know the game or take the time to learn the game and the ones who just spout off ridiculous BS (see Bears fans).

The latter makes the enitre fan base look bad or uneducated.

15. Black and Gold

Black and Gold Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Are you thewarden86 on the Ravens board?

16. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    The thing is, it's not a matter of living in or near Green Bay, just about anywhere in Wisconsin will get you in the club. Long ago they used to play one game a year in Milwaukee so the south part of the state would get to see the Packers in person. Much easier to get a ticket to County Stadium than Lambeau. I'm a native Wisconsinite and have lived around the world and a Packer fan is a Packer fan wherever they're from. We are all enjoying life right now!!!!

17. GBMuskies

GBMuskies Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    Actually, it wasn't that long ago, 16 or 17 years, when they played 3 games a year in County Stadium, and 1 pre-season game. I know because I've had those tickets for many years, and still have the "Gold" package.

18. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    Packer Minion. That would make an awesome screen name, or membership level on this board. :rotfl:

• Like Like x 1