Pack v Steelers: Preseason Game Thread

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you dont put favre out there to run. Favre has limited snaps, and he needs them to throw the ball to the new guys...

we will run the ball...

jeeesus christ....

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it looks like the Jenkins signing was worth it anyway.

He's leading the team with 3 tackles, has 2 sacks and a forced fumble...sweet

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
How's the o-line doing for those that can see the game on tv?

they need some work allowing the running game.
Rodgers is a runner, just got a first down. He looks better than Favre did.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
How's the o-line doing for those that can see the game on tv?

I'm not watching or listening to the game, but looking through the play by play on NFL.com I see only 1 pass to a TE out of 15 total attempts. Maybe they're still keeping the TEs in to help the line passblock.

Reaction score
theyve thrown the ball 15 times so far and no sacks given up so that doesnt sound too bad

Yeah, but what worries me is the run game.

From the look of things, we aren't opening holes... which is a problem. The o-line had the same problem in the scrimmage, but they weren't cut blocking so you couldn't look too much into that.

In this game though, in the limited action the first team got, B-Jack had something like 7 carries for 16 yards. If we're not opening lanes for our RB to run through, it wouldn't matter a whole lot of we had Ahman Green or B-Jack as our RB, we'll have problems running the ball.

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just my opinion thus far:

Positives: O-line looks quite solid. I'm seeing some holes open up and the pass protection has been just fine. Defensive front has been exceptional for the first preseason game. Cullen Jenkins seems poised to have a breakout season. Kampy is back to business and our DT's (all 50 of them) have been playing well so far. James Jones has also shown good hands, and looks like a physical presence on the field.

Negatives: I understand that Harris and Woodson are not playing, but our secondary has looked very poor. Bigby may have played himself off the team tonight. Also, the running game has been nonexistent, although I understand that it will take time to develop. Brandon Jackson has shown nothing, but he wasn't given much opportunity either.

Reaction score
Just my opinion thus far:

Positives: O-line looks quite solid. I'm seeing some holes open up and the pass protection has been just fine. Defensive front has been exceptional for the first preseason game. Cullen Jenkins seems poised to have a breakout season. Kampy is back to business and our DT's (all 50 of them) have been playing well so far. James Jones has also shown good hands, and looks like a physical presence on the field.

Negatives: I understand that Harris and Woodson are not playing, but our secondary has looked very poor. Bigby may have played himself off the team tonight. Also, the running game has been nonexistent, although I understand that it will take time to develop. Brandon Jackson has shown nothing, but he wasn't given much opportunity either.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

That makes me feel a whole lot better about the o-line opening up running lanes. *breathes a sigh of relief*

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Carlye Holiday and Ruvell Martin are gonna turn some heads and be great contributors this year. As long as we keep the playbook open for Favre, they might do some things.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are the kinds of plays I want out of Aaron Rodgers every time he steps the field. If he wants to seat Favre, he has to make the coaches do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts