Pack brings in a scatback

Brett Favre 4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We brought in RB, Lache Seastrunk for a workout. He was drafted in the 6th round out of Baylor this year by Washington and cut right before the start of the season. Here are his highlights and I think this dude would look sick in lemon and lime.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Myndflyte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looks good but in my mind, there must have been some reason why the Redskins cut him. I mean Reggie Bush was dominant in college but it took him quite a few years before was able to do anything in the NFL. Guess we'll have to see what/if the Packers have any plans for him.

Mothra Rob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can make room by cutting B Jones, Hawk and Burnett. Then can find another ILB and a nose

Myndflyte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can make room by cutting B Jones, Hawk and Burnett. Then can find another ILB and a nose

Good luck with that. Just pluck one off the ILB and NT tree? I can almost guarantee anything on the free agent market will be worse than who we already have.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We already have DuJaun Harris, who knows what the Packers need out of a RB, already.
Harris - 5'-7", 208 lbs., 4.44, 40.
Seastrunk - 5'-9", 201 lbs, 4.46-4.51 40.

fritothedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looks good but in my mind, there must have been some reason why the Redskins cut him. I mean Reggie Bush was dominant in college but it took him quite a few years before was able to do anything in the NFL. Guess we'll have to see what/if the Packers have any plans for him.
He was hurt and out for several games last season at Baylor. I wouldn't be surprised if that is part of why the Redskins cut him. He was putting up fantastic numbers before getting hurt (of course that was against cupcake teams like Wofford, mostly). I can't remember how he did after he came back.

EDIT: After watching the highlight reel I remembered he was hurt two years ago as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
they need a good return man.
Man isn't that truth. He has explosive speed and although I see most returners thinner and more track style physiques, he really looks impressive. Much like i remember James Starks looked in college film. I think were feeling the loss of Abbracadabra right now

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless his name is Barry Sanders I don't want a back that needs to make 4 moves laterally before heading up field. If you're going to call Seastrunk "incredibly physically gifted" I would hope you'd call the faster, stronger, quicker DuJuan Harris incredibly physically gifted, too. Jumping and 3-cone are the only thing Seastrunk has a slight edge over Harris, but Harris is also 3.5% heavier! ;)

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we are looking for a check down target who can do something after the catch where chunks of yards are concerned.

Mothra Rob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck with that. Just pluck one off the ILB and NT tree? I can almost guarantee anything on the free agent market will be worse than who we already have.
Sarcasm...there is no such tree, but difficult to find two worse than AJ and BJ on our own roster or elsewhere. Only there because of Ted and his re-up

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers cut LaMichael James.......

Maybe he'd be the better target?

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like harris. Unless this guy is gold on kick returns I dont see why we picked him up.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see he had a 4.51 40 at combine and a 4.46 at his pro day which harris beat at his pro day. I dont know why you trust seastrucks pro day more than harris's.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love picking up Seastrunk if TT can pull it off!!!
He's incredibly physically gifted, much more so than DuJuan Harris. At the Combine, he benched 225 lbs 15 times (not bad for his size), jumped 41.5" at the vertical, and 11'2" at the broad. At his workout, he got his 4.46 combine 40 down to a 4.37, had a 4.36 shuttle, and a 6.81 3-cone.

To put Seastrunk's numbers in perspective, Harris had a 4.44 40, 27 bench reps (really good for his size), 38.5" vertical, 10' broad, 4.35 shuttle, and 7.15 3-cone.

There is a disparity on one number: 10-yard dash. Apparently, Seastrunk had a 1.58 compared to Harris's alleged 1.44 at his Pro Day. I say alleged because I don't buy that number at all, and it's pretty easy to get a 10-yard dash wrong. Seastrunk's 2.55 20 is faster than Harris's 2.58 20 so take the 10 for what you will.

Forget the numbers for a minute, though. Just watch the tape. Harris isn't going to make a ton of guys miss. Harris is the type of back where you punish them with Lacy, you punish them with Starks, and then you put in Harris for a change of pace and they still get punished by Harris. Seastrunk is a guy where you punish them with Lacy, punish them with Starks, and when they are worn out you let Seastrunk juke them out of their shoes and get the big play.

Long-term, I think Seastrunk would put Harris's job in serious jeopardy.

EDIT: This is what Seastrunk brings:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...days-baylors-seastrunk-improves-combine-times
"After a somewhat disappointing showing at the NFL Combine, Seastrunk boosted his numbers in Waco, recording a 4.46 40-yard dash after running a 4.51 in Indianapolis."
Dujuan Harris' official 40 time was 4.44 at the combine, 4.37 at his pro day - Harris is faster.

Bench press: Seastrunk benched 225 lbs 15 times to Harris' 27 ~ Harris is considerably stronger.

Size: Seastrunk 5'-9", 201 lbs. to Harris' 5'-7", 209 (197 at his pro day 3 yrs. ago). Harris is shorter, yet heavier.

20 yd short shuttle: Seastrunk 4.31, Harris 4.35 at his pro day. Seastrunk slightly quicker.

I'll concede that Seastrunk is slightly quicker, but Harris is faster and stronger... plus he's been in the Packer's "system" for 2+ years. I see no advantage or upside to signing Seastrunk when Harris is healthy and available on game days.

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...days-baylors-seastrunk-improves-combine-times
"After a somewhat disappointing showing at the NFL Combine, Seastrunk boosted his numbers in Waco, recording a 4.46 40-yard dash after running a 4.51 in Indianapolis."
Dujuan Harris' official 40 time was 4.44 at the combine, 4.37 at his pro day - Harris is faster.

Bench press: Seastrunk benched 225 lbs 15 times to Harris' 27 ~ Harris is considerably stronger.

Size: Seastrunk 5'-9", 201 lbs. to Harris' 5'-7", 209 (197 at his pro day 3 yrs. ago). Harris is shorter, yet heavier.

20 yd short shuttle: Seastrunk 4.31, Harris 4.35 at his pro day. Seastrunk slightly quicker.

I'll concede that Seastrunk is slightly quicker, but Harris is faster and stronger... plus he's been in the Packer's "system" for 2+ years. I see no advantage or upside to signing Seastrunk when Harris is healthy and available on game days.
I agree in giving a player a fair shot 1 game is not enough. IMO week 1harris grades a C- right now. I'm simply going off memory but we sure seemed to start around the 15 yard line a bunch. It's been a project finding someone good since Desmond but with Abbracsdabra out it would be wise to work on a contingency plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see he had a 4.51 40 at combine and a 4.46 at his pro day which harris beat at his pro day. I dont know why you trust seastrucks pro day more than harris's.
I don't see why 40 time is relevant anyway. Until they start making them do it from a standing start in full pads, it's essentially meaningless when you're only talking about 0.1-0.2 seconds.

Members online

Latest posts