1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pack brings in a scatback

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Brett Favre 4, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Brett Favre 4

Brett Favre 4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    We brought in RB, Lache Seastrunk for a workout. He was drafted in the 6th round out of Baylor this year by Washington and cut right before the start of the season. Here are his highlights and I think this dude would look sick in lemon and lime.

2. Myndflyte

Myndflyte Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    He looks good but in my mind, there must have been some reason why the Redskins cut him. I mean Reggie Bush was dominant in college but it took him quite a few years before was able to do anything in the NFL. Guess we'll have to see what/if the Packers have any plans for him.

3. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    they need a good return man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mothra Rob

Mothra Rob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Can make room by cutting B Jones, Hawk and Burnett. Then can find another ILB and a nose

5. Myndflyte

Myndflyte Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Good luck with that. Just pluck one off the ILB and NT tree? I can almost guarantee anything on the free agent market will be worse than who we already have.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    A scatback is the least of our needs.

7. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +328
    We already have DuJaun Harris, who knows what the Packers need out of a RB, already.
    Harris - 5'-7", 208 lbs., 4.44, 40.
    Seastrunk - 5'-9", 201 lbs, 4.46-4.51 40.

8. fritothedog

fritothedog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    He was hurt and out for several games last season at Baylor. I wouldn't be surprised if that is part of why the Redskins cut him. He was putting up fantastic numbers before getting hurt (of course that was against cupcake teams like Wofford, mostly). I can't remember how he did after he came back.

EDIT: After watching the highlight reel I remembered he was hurt two years ago as well.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  9. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +568
    Unless he is a really, really good return man.

10. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    Sounds like he's a Green Bay Packers player through and through

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. fritothedog

fritothedog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    I thought the same thing, especially when the announcer said it looked like he pulled a hamstring.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Brett Favre 4

Brett Favre 4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    lmfao guys, you are funny but you aren't lying either.

13. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +568
    Funny, but sad at the same time.
    Kinda like M.A.S.H

14. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Yeah, but first we need to force the other team to punt in which case a really, really good return man becomes valuable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +522
    Man isn't that truth. He has explosive speed and although I see most returners thinner and more track style physiques, he really looks impressive. Much like i remember James Starks looked in college film. I think were feeling the loss of Abbracadabra right now

16. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +328
    Unless his name is Barry Sanders I don't want a back that needs to make 4 moves laterally before heading up field. If you're going to call Seastrunk "incredibly physically gifted" I would hope you'd call the faster, stronger, quicker DuJuan Harris incredibly physically gifted, too. Jumping and 3-cone are the only thing Seastrunk has a slight edge over Harris, but Harris is also 3.5% heavier! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Maybe we are looking for a check down target who can do something after the catch where chunks of yards are concerned.

18. Mothra Rob

Mothra Rob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Sarcasm...there is no such tree, but difficult to find two worse than AJ and BJ on our own roster or elsewhere. Only there because of Ted and his re-up

19. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    49ers cut LaMichael James.......

Maybe he'd be the better target?

20. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    James asked to be released he wasn't happy with his lack of touches. Green Bay would be no better for him.

21. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    I like harris. Unless this guy is gold on kick returns I dont see why we picked him up.

22. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    I see he had a 4.51 40 at combine and a 4.46 at his pro day which harris beat at his pro day. I dont know why you trust seastrucks pro day more than harris's.

23. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +328
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...days-baylors-seastrunk-improves-combine-times
    "After a somewhat disappointing showing at the NFL Combine, Seastrunk boosted his numbers in Waco, recording a 4.46 40-yard dash after running a 4.51 in Indianapolis."
    Dujuan Harris' official 40 time was 4.44 at the combine, 4.37 at his pro day - Harris is faster.

Bench press: Seastrunk benched 225 lbs 15 times to Harris' 27 ~ Harris is considerably stronger.

Size: Seastrunk 5'-9", 201 lbs. to Harris' 5'-7", 209 (197 at his pro day 3 yrs. ago). Harris is shorter, yet heavier.

20 yd short shuttle: Seastrunk 4.31, Harris 4.35 at his pro day. Seastrunk slightly quicker.

I'll concede that Seastrunk is slightly quicker, but Harris is faster and stronger... plus he's been in the Packer's "system" for 2+ years. I see no advantage or upside to signing Seastrunk when Harris is healthy and available on game days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +522
    I agree in giving a player a fair shot 1 game is not enough. IMO week 1harris grades a C- right now. I'm simply going off memory but we sure seemed to start around the 15 yard line a bunch. It's been a project finding someone good since Desmond but with Abbracsdabra out it would be wise to work on a contingency plan.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
  25. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    I don't see why 40 time is relevant anyway. Until they start making them do it from a standing start in full pads, it's essentially meaningless when you're only talking about 0.1-0.2 seconds.

• Like Like x 1