Pack Bears game would have been a blowout if not for Bulaga and Driver/Jennings

TrantaLocked

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What was it, 4 flags, and he screwed up 2 possible touchdown setups? Also Jennings dropped a HUGE pass and then Driver fumbles on what would have been a touchdown setup! Then you have the no TD play on 3rd down that lead to a field goal.

If those few mistakes were never made as listed above we would have EMBARRASSED the bears, at least 28 to 3. They are lucky we gave them a close loss. Bench Bulaga because obviously he can't fix his errors, and get Jennings to remember that just because he's good doesn't mean he will catch every pass without effort like a God. Work on it in practice. And driver, hold on to the ball.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Bench Bulaga? And who do you suggest we replace him with? Yeah, he had some big mistakes and cost us drives. But he keep Peppers and the Bears pass rush off Rodgers most of the night. He had some rookie mistakes, but he was going against a GOOD defensive line.

We did enough to win a defensive battle. Yeah, there was some ugly, but I'll take it.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Benching Bulaga is the funniest thing I have heard, he is a rookie playing under pressure against one of the best D-Linemen! Look at the sack numbers this year compared to last year there is not way to bench him!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga was dealing with Peppers all night. And he's still prone to rookie mistakes, because he's still a rookie. Mostly he's been pretty good, so I don't really see the benefit in benching him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm it seems like bulaga is the only rookie we had that made a Tom of rookie mistakes this season. Then again no one has spent as much time on the field as him.

I think he will be our permanent RT, and a LT comes in a year or two.,

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I think we Packer fans have been spoiled lately.

Initially, we have all been pleasantly surprised on how quickly many of our rookies and sophomores have developed into starters-- some even reaching a Pro Bowl level of play. However, this has increased our level of expectations to the point that now we expect veteran-level playing from them from nearly day #1?

We need to chill.

The Packers are light years ahead of 2009's O-line performance. Cut Bulaga some slack.

MelrosE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga wasn't covering Peppers most of the night. Clifton was... But to say the least, he's done a pretty good job, he just needs to work on his footwork and speed against the quick passrushers. Hopefully he can slow down the Eagles DE's this Sunday!

OP
OP
T

TrantaLocked

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys I'm not questioning his performance, I'm saying that 3 false starts and one holding in one game on one guy isn't your average rookie performance. I guess he hasn't been as bad in other games, but these mistakes are not from dealing with the D line, It's with his focus. He can make an off sides against the crappiest or the best defensive lines.

In the end he is a rookie, but his preventable mistakes were collectively very costly in creating a close game which could have been easier.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tranta, did you want Jennings benched also? After all, he is an experienced vet. He shouldn't be prone to mistakes like a rookie OL.

Not sure what Bulaga's issue was, but there was something wrong. He very well could have had a bit of a cold or something. But I am not concerned, mostly because he has been playing well in other games.

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What was it, 4 flags, and he screwed up 2 possible touchdown setups? Also Jennings dropped a HUGE pass and then Driver fumbles on what would have been a touchdown setup! Then you have the no TD play on 3rd down that lead to a field goal.

If those few mistakes were never made as listed above we would have EMBARRASSED the bears, at least 28 to 3. They are lucky we gave them a close loss. Bench Bulaga because obviously he can't fix his errors, and get Jennings to remember that just because he's good doesn't mean he will catch every pass without effort like a God. Work on it in practice. And driver, hold on to the ball.

Should have could have would have! Cutler could have completed those passes as well leading to a Bears victory. You can look at any game and break it down in your teams favor if you are so inclined. I like to BS about the opponents as well, but I see many on this board are not watching the same game I am seeing. The Pack won. The Pack could have lost just as easy. There is work to do. I don't want the Pack to face the Bears again. The Pack can go to the Super Bowl, but there is still lots of work to do. I still think not having a running game is going to hurt the Pack in the post-season. Hopefully I am wrong.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arod has improved his pocket awareness as much as the o line has improved

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't have anyone better than Bulaga right now. The kid simply has to learn on the fly.
What's even tougher, he had never played on the right side IN HIS LIFE. It's not his natural position.

Members online

Latest posts