OWENS ARRIVAL CAUSING A COWBOY COMMOTION

Reaction score
I think if coach Parcells says he is fine with TO, you will see the preception change withing the locker room BIG TIME. I think Parcells is the type of coach who can keep a player like TO in check.

But is it just me or does anyone else wish to see TO act like a jerk with Parcells. I wouldn't be surprised if Parcells took a swipe at him at some point this season. That would be so entertaining, given Parcells way with words.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I listened to the radio last night, and Jerry Jones was going on and on how GREAT this was for the Cowboys. To me, it sounded like he was trying to convince HIMSELF!!! Then, he compared TO to Michael "snort" Irvin! Now, THATS someone you want to be like! Why doesn't he just sign Ricky Williams, then he'll have a complete SET of morons!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's not going to be funny watching him score 20+ TD's a year for Dallas...(which is his avg.)

but I forgot...it's not about football and winning games...it's about something else....

Now...what was that again?

oh yeah...Team Unity....

I bet TO is going to be a model citizen in DAllas...Hell, he already admitting he made mistakes and handled things wrong...So..I see this working out for Dallas...

(but that's just me...)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
It's not going to be funny watching him score 20+ TD's a year for Dallas...(which is his avg.)

but I forgot...it's not about football and winning games...it's about something else....

oh yeah...Team Unity....

I bet TO is going to be a model citizen in DAllas...Hell, he already admitting he made mistakes and handled things wrong...So..I see this working out for Dallas...

(but that's just me...)

Didn't he say the same things when he went to Philly??? We all know how that worked out. Yeah.......he might catch a few TD's.......then he will start pounding his chest, blasting Bledsoe, and demanding a new contract.
He won't change his stripes.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there was a good fit for T.O. anywhere in the league--and there wasn't--it was with the Cowboys. They have a coach who has done well with malcontents in the past, and they want to win right now, meaning this year. I'm glad the Packers steered clear of this guy. Ron Wolf passed on Randy Moss in the 1998 draft, saying, "A leopard doesn't change its spots," and he never expressed regret for that decision, not even when Moss was tearing up the Packers. And what did the Vikings win in seven years with Moss? Three playoff games and no conference championships.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Parcells has the balls to put TO in his place....

Which..oddly enough..TO would respect more and act accordingly...This guy needs that kind of discipline....Craves it..actually...

Just like Lombardi was...

He will thrive in Dallas.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Parcells has the balls to put TO in his place....

Which..oddly enough..TO would respect more and act accordingly...This guy needs that kind of discipline....Craves it..actually...

Just like Lombardi was...

He will thrive in Dallas.

I agree. I think just like Brett needed to be coralled by Holmgren Owens needs someone to put him in his place too.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over time so many have forgotten all of his obnoxious activities that led Mariucci to suspend him and eventually San Francisco trading him at their first opportunity(when prior agent failed to file proper paperwork with the league). An arbitrator voided the trade.

A lot of problems in Philly involving lawyers and an arbitrator.

We know that there will be a problem in with Owens in Dallas. We don't know how long it will take until it occurs. We can be assured that when he leaves Dallas there will be lawyers arguing over contract language and an arbitrator.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Over time so many have forgotten all of his obnoxious activities that led Mariucci to suspend him and eventually San Francisco trading him at their first opportunity(when prior agent failed to file proper paperwork with the league). An arbitrator voided the trade.

A lot of problems in Philly involving lawyers and an arbitrator.

We know that there will be a problem in with Owens in Dallas. We don't know how long it will take until it occurs. We can be assured that when he leaves Dallas there will be lawyers arguing over contract language and an arbitrator.

c'mon...everybody deserves a second chance...errr twenty-second chance?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

oh yeah...Team Unity....

(but that's just me...)

How many superbowl rings does TO have? How many superbowl rings has GB earned through team unity?

Silence. I have commanded it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers haven't won any SB's since 31.......but at least they didn't have to deal with that butt wipe Owens. He's a jerk, period. If Dallas wins the SB this year because of Owens, i will eat my words, gladly. I don't think that will happen. If they had someone like TO in Lombardi's locker room, he's either be GONE the next day, or the rest of the team would take him into the locker room for a thrashing!

Members online

Latest posts