1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Over/Unders 2014 - Matthews & Peppers sacks combined

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Apr 24, 2014.

?

Will Matthews & Peppers get OVER or UNDER 19 1/2 total sacks this season (Regular Season)?

1. Over 19 1/2

77.3%
  2. Under 19 1/2

22.7%
  1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Sacks Combined in 2014 between CLAY MATTHEWS & JULIUS PEPPERS: 19 1/2

Take the Over or Under, 19 1/2 total sacks this season between Clay & Julius

Peppers sack totals going back from last year out, were: 7, 11.5, 11, 8, 10.5, 14.5
    Matthews sack totals were: 7.5, 13, 6, 13.5, 10. So 50 in 5 years.

Neither has had a complimentary pass rusher to go along with them like they each have this year.
    I think Matthews is going to, if healthy, certainly beat his 13.5 total that he had in 2010.
    He will get a handful of sacks where Peppers flushes the QB his direction. Nobody else has done that really for Clay.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a bit of INFO, on Matthews, from Pro Football Focus.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/28/pass-rusher-profile-clay-matthews/

JULIUS PEPPERS > http://www.packers.com/media-center...-Peppers/e8573725-bbdb-4fd6-a085-ff577bf10228

Looking forward to seeing this guy down twice on that opening Thursday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/9055/matthews-peppers-form-a-strong-combo

2. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    Assuming both players stay healthy and play 16 games, I'm going with 25 sacks. 15 from Matthews and 10 from Peppers. If the Packers offense keeps scoring, teams are going to pass a lot and create plenty of sack opportunities.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,437
    If Matthews and Peppers stay healthy I expect them to combine for at least 20 sacks. In addition I think Daniels will benefit from having both of them rushing the passer as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I like the way both of you guys think.
    We deserve a healthy season, actually a few of them.

If the defense stays healthy, and if they add a safety who can add instant help back there as recent ones Vacarro (Saints), Reid (Niners), Thomas (Seachickens), Smith (Vikings), have, I think this defense can be at least a top-10, maybe top-5 defense this year.

People forgot how great Matthews is.

Read that write-up, study from PFF above if you want a refresher.

OSHKOSH, you're the Negative Nancy in here?????
    Where's your faith? Must be expecting more injuries I bet..... we're DUE for a good luck there for once.

5. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    I'm going to go with 21. 14 from Matthews and 7 from peppers. But I'm also predicting Neal to have 6 or so. I have literally no prediction for Perry. He could have a break out or bust out year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. SoonerPack

SoonerPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +294
    I am going to go with the over. I see Claymaker playing 14 games and racking up 13.5 sacks while Peppers plays all 16 and puts up 9.5 himself. I also see Daniels continuing to improve his game and bringing 7 to the table. Now if we can get some decent to good production out of Jones and Perry I really think our D is in for a pretty good year.
    Interceptions, passes defended and the like are many times created and caused by a ferocious pass rush. If we can get the kind of production listed above I see no reason why our T.O.'s shouldn't take a dramatic tick upwards and the secondary as a whole being a unit to be proud of. I don't care how good of a corner you are, it is damn near impossible to stay in a receivers pocket for 4, 5, 6 seconds without getting burned or flagged. There is always a direct correlation between pressure and T.O.'s and I think the secondary will be rewarded this upcoming season with the improved rush from the front 7. Fingers crossed all of this comes to be...

GPG!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,408
  8. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,457
    It appears that I'm one of only two people to vote for the under so far, but I really hope that I'm wrong. The Injury Scythe hovers over both of them.

9. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,437
    I understand your concern with Matthews but Peppers hasn't missed a game since 2007.

10. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,457
    I'm purely thinking about age and he's on the Packers now, who seem to be snake-bitten with injuries

11. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70

And there's always the downer in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    He also hasn't played for the Packers...

13. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    I'm going with the under. I'm just not expecting big things from Peppers. But I'd be elated to be dead wrong.