Over/Under

Reaction score
We've all been through the tension on these forums lately, so let's try and get rid of the negative vibe.

I'll post a question, and then someone can answer whether they take the over or under happening. PLEASE do give a bit (1-3 liner) of an explanation as to why you chose what you did.

I'll start:

Donald Driver will have a 1000 yard receiving season in 07

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
We've all been through the tension on these forums lately, so let's try and get rid of the negative vibe.

I'll post a question, and then someone can answer whether they take the over or under happening. PLEASE do give a bit (1-3 liner) of an explanation as to why you chose what you did.

I'll start:

I say under......The reason is that next year I feel the packers will have trouble establishing a running game. Since other teams defenses will not have to worry too much about the pack running the ball, I feel Donald is going to be doubled nearly every passing play or at least thats what I would do if I were the other team.. They also have a lack of a true deep threat other than Driver. However, If we aquire Moss, I say he will go over, as teams would not be able to double him up and Moss would draw some of the focus away from Driver.

Just my opinions.....

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say over for the same reasons refpacker said under...running game may struggle and McCarthy will have Favre slinging it a lot again this season. The Packers had the highest percentage of passing compared to rushing last season. I know the coach has stated he wants more balance but I see the Packers throwing more again. Driver is the best option right now for #4 and he'll lock in to him....1250 yards, 11 TD's.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say over for the same reasons refpacker said under...running game may struggle and McCarthy will have Favre slinging it a lot again this season. The Packers had the highest percentage of passing compared to rushing last season. I know the coach has stated he wants more balance but I see the Packers throwing more again. Driver is the best option right now for #4 and he'll lock in to him....1250 yards, 11 TD's.

Could also be very ture......Who knows? Driver definately has the ability...

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I very much fear our running game will lag once again and the air will be filled with footballs of which too many will hit the ground first. It pains me to say it because I love the running game, when we have one. Especially in our division where big, aggressive DTs are everywhere. I don't see our smaller OTs being able to finesse those guys out of the way. So my only hope would be that Driver AND another WR will be able to move the chains. Since it will require more than one WR to do it, I would go for the "under".

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I very much fear our running game will lag once again and the air will be filled with footballs of which too many will hit the ground first. It pains me to say it because I love the running game, when we have one. Especially in our division where big, aggressive DTs are everywhere. I don't see our smaller OTs being able to finesse those guys out of the way. So my only hope would be that Driver AND another WR will be able to move the chains. Since it will require more than one WR to do it, I would go for the "under".

It's a valid point. I thought we were going to try to establish a run game last year and instead I believe we threw the ball more than any other team.

If we struggled to establish the run with Green, it's going to harder to establish it with Morency or some rookie.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Finally grampa.......we agree...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over/Under:
Brett Favre will throw 18 INTs.

Under...Favre improved from 29 picks to 18 this last season and will progress even more in his decision-making with McCarthy as the HC.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll start:

Over, he won't be stopped>

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Woodson will have over/under 8 ints? (He had 8 last year)

Aaron Kampman will have over/under 15 sacks? (He had 15.5 last year)

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about

Brett Favre will have over/under enough yards to break Marinos record? (I think he needs 3880 something)

Brett Favre will retire/stay another season?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts