Our Chances are Better THIS Year than Last!

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we make the playoffs, and I think we will as a WC (assuming Rodgers does not go down), we have a better chance of progressing than last year. Already this year we have 28 sacks - that is 1 shy of last year's total. Remember the pathetic pass rush last year! We have more of a complete team, and that is even with all the injuries. Throw in the fact that Starks seems back to his 2010-superbowl-winning self, and our chances look good! Still a lot of season and much could happen. But one thing is for sure - a one-dimensional all-offense no-defense team can not win it all, as we showed last year. With Jordy and Jennings getting back into action later on, we could be the team hitting its peak when it counts.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
First of all, Clay Matthews is out with a hamstring injury and after he left the game against AZ, there was absolute ZERO pass rush with him gone....skelton had all day to throw.

2nd: How do we know that starks is truely back to 2010 self, as you put it? He was up against the worst rush defense and had to share the carries with green. I doubt he will be that effective vs a team with an actual D line. He is not back to that form, and I doubt he will ever return to the 2010 playoff form that he once had, he lost that form before his nagging turf toe.

3rd, yes, we could have went further last season...... 15 - 1 is an amazing feat, but the Giants got hot and healthy at the right time and were the better team, THAT DAY. Last year our defense on paper looked terrible and the pass rush wasn't there, you are correct on that part, but we did lead the NFL in INT's, so we were not that bad......we almost had a perfect regular season for God sake......that **** aint easy.

OP
OP
LZ13

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews could be the deal breaker, no doubt. If he can not return, it is a different picture for sure.
Starks looked pretty good to me! He punched out 4 yds when there was nothing a whole bunch of times.
A team that lacks defense, as we did, will get beat by the first team that can shut down their offense. Pass rush is key.

It was plain to me last year that we could not win it all. Just as it was plain to me that we could win it all in 2010 by game 12 when we barely squeaked into the playoffs. A little early to predict though, I will admit.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year there was really only one opponent who could knock us off the horse and that happened to be the Giants. I wish Romo and the Boys would have taken care of business against them last season.
This year there are certainly 4 NFC teams that can put us away if we make it to the post season.

We only had a couple of injuries last season but we had a running game with Grant and sometimes Starks. We also beat a playoff team with our 2nd string QB. If ARod went down last season you felt we just might compete. This year just pack it in if we have to see Harrell on the field once more.
We had some critical injuries in 2010 but this year you are calling out names like Jennings, Woodson, Bulaga, Matthews, Bishop, Shields, Nelson, and Kuhn. These were players that played a key role for us in getting to the post season and then winning it. Even with the stolen victory in Seattle we'd still be challenged to make the playoffs.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
I too like are chances this year. Every game last year was mostly an easy win. We seem to have more grit this year even with all the injuries. When push comes to shove(playoffs), San Fran is the team that stands in our way IMO.

Reaction score
We've got more depth in the Defensive line this year than even in 2010...
Sure, no one is a Cullen Jenkins, but still - having a couple guys that can get sacks and stop the run - keep 'em all fresh with rotation - keeps QBs from stepping up in the pocket - helps Matthews & company.

The secondary is loaded - Jerron/Casey/Tramon/Sam/Morgan/MD/Davon .... when Hall Of Famer Charles Woodson is the 1 liability in coverage - you know we've got ourselves a great secondary.

Idk, maybe we can go all the way - there's times we look extremely mediocre - then there's games we wipe out teams like the 7 - 1 Bears/7 - 1 Texans.... I think we can go all the way....

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't use the wins over the Rams, Jags, and Cardinals as measuring sticks. The one impressive performance we had this season was against Houston. We had most of our team playing that night. The Texans were not well prepared for us and they were sold on our performance at Indy.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our chances I think teams are underestimating our d-line, especially now that Clay is out but those guys are stepping up,and they should be worried about our corners if Pickett stops the likes of Petersonno worries with d-line o-line is concern EDS steps up then I think we will be okay run game has too get better.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be more inclined to compare this season with 2010 if we are indeed doing such things as comparing. Last year was quite a different season. We were 16-0 with our first and only loss of the season occurring in the playoffs. This season we started off slow and are steadily improving despite having key injuries. I think this season mirrors 2010 more than anything.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I would be more inclined to compare this season with 2010 if we are indeed doing such things as comparing. Last year was quite a different season. We were 16-0 with our first and only loss of the season occurring in the playoffs. This season we started off slow and are steadily improving despite having key injuries. I think this season mirrors 2010 more than anything.

Nope, we were 15 - 1 going into the post season. Remember that game when KC beat us?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I like the Packers chances. It's all in front of them. Just win out!

Members online

Latest posts