OT...patriots O line

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And then we have Rodgers, who manages to both make our line look better and worse at the same time.

Better: He is able to out dance most rushers and make plays happen.

Worse: He wouldn't have to do that in first place if he'd just 1, 2, 3, set, and throw more often.
Brady throws it to his RBs like 15 times per game. For some reason I'll never be able to understand, McCarthy doesn't get the RBs involved in the passing game past the occasional generic screen pass.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New England is giving up 14.4 ppg since Week 4. They don't have much talent but they dominate in big situations. Eagles defense is not the same outside of Lincoln Financial Field. 40 year old Brady has 2 weeks to rest so he can carve up that defense in the dome. Belichick vs Pederson is such a mismatch it isn't funny. For the first time in the Cheatriots run they win a Super Bowl in a blowout. 34-14. I hope Brady gets killed by that d-line, has 3 turnovers, and in a Patriot loss they get caught cheating again.
And the Vikings had only given up a little over 15ppg for the whole season. The Eagles destroyed them. No reason they can't do the same in two weeks.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. If the Eagles aren't up by at least 20 at half they have no chance. For some reason lol the Patriots always find a way.
I don't expect the Eagles to serve it up to them on a silver platter with all the trimmings like Atlanta did. Atlanta lost because of their own stupid decisions. All they had to do was run the ball and kill that clock, but they played the whole second half as if they were behind. I still think there should have been an investigation. Shanahan couldn't have done more to give that game away if he tried.

D

Deleted member 6794

Imo, no one consistently holds the ball and moves around more than Rodgers. It’s reflected in his sack numbers.

It took Rodgers an average of 2.78 seconds to throw the ball which ranked 32nd out of 42 qualifying quarterbacks.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
And it's still a NO....his body and frame would NOT have have held up to the reckless abuse QBs went through in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

I'm trying to recall some of these huge solid QB's of the 60's, 70's and 80's that you are implying existed? Also, the players today on defense are a lot bigger, stronger and faster than many of the guys playing "way back when". Saying that 40 year old Brady has a "thin and frail frame" and the only reason he is still playing are due to the refs protecting him, as well as not getting hit by "huge" guys like Nitschke, really?

The rules protecting the QB may have changed since the 80's, but so has the size and conditioning of the athletes playing the game, including Tom Brady and the guys hitting him. I would even go so far to say, if those rules didn't exist, even the bigger better conditioned QB's of today wouldn't last long under the constant hits that they would be sustaining by some pretty big men.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck, check the stats for games played for a guy we all know and love, who also, by the way, wasn't much of a physical specimen - Bart.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Heck, check the stats for games played for a guy we all know and love, who also, by the way, wasn't much of a physical specimen - Bart.

Funny you said that, because before I posted my post, I looked up some of the better QB's of the 60's and 70's, both Starr and Namath were 2 guys I found "shirtless" to kind of compare to the one posted of Tom Brady.

Bart Starr at 6' 1" and 193 lbs

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Joe Namath at 6' 2" and 200 lbs

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Edit: You know you are bored when you do an internet search for "shirtless guys". Not that there is anything wrong with that!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It took Rodgers an average of 2.78 seconds to throw the ball which ranked 32nd out of 42 qualifying quarterbacks.
Over the recent years it’s been greater than 2.78 I’m sure. In his first 5 years up to around 2012 he got rid of the ball noticeably quicker imo.

Members online

Latest posts