1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Opening game for next season

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by deuce4pres, Feb 2, 2011.

1. deuce4pres

deuce4pres Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    If (when)you guys win Sunday, you get to pick who you want to play for the opening game of the season. Id love to see you pick my Saints. Being a fan of football first and a Saints fan second, I would love to make that trip to see Lambeau Field. A buddy of mine is related to Favre and used to go to games at Lambeau often. He said every fan should make that trip at least once in their life. Sounds good to me. How much do tickets usually run

2. Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +184
    we get to choose our opponent? well geez lets play the panthers then

3. Claymaker

Claymaker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    If they win that means it will be that Thursday game. Looking at the home schedule, it's pretty terrible outside of the Bears and Saints. So it would definitely be one of those 2 teams, but I'd bet it would be the Bears.

Then again, that's assuming there will be a full schedule and that seems very much in doubt right now.

As far as tickets, you can get in pretty cheap. The primo games obviously are a bit more - Bears, Queens, Cowboys, etc.

4. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    This coming Sunday is SB45 and you start a post about next season?? trolling?

5. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    I wouldn't mind our first game against the Saints. I want to go to an early fall game this year, and a night game would be nice, and have it versus the Saints. A tall order, but would be nice. Wouldn't be too keen on going against the Bears first.

6. deuce4pres

deuce4pres Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Have you seen my Saints fan prediction post yet? Do you understand what trolling is? Ive said nothing but positive things about the Packers since i joined. Now as far as what ive said about the Squeelers, well, this isnt a Squeeler site so its not trolling. Calm down my friend. Just makin friendly convo.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    He is negative to everyone. Sorry. I dont know why he is still around here. He doesnt represent the avg fan on here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I want the Pats. No doubt about it.

It won't happen though.

9. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    For a choice, I'd rather play the Vikings or the Bears on opening day. A good divisional opponent.

Let the Saints come down here in December and see if they can move in the snow LOL

10. Packfan14

Packfan14 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    nah it wont happen. Green Bay rolls down here to Carolina.

Since '04 its been hosted by the Defending SB champ

11. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    It will more than likely be Chicago.

12. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Regardless of whether we win this weekend or not, our first game next season will likely be against the Bears, in prime time. It would be billed as a rematch of the NFC Championship Game, which means ratings for their first weekend of the season.

At least that's my guess.

13. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Not sure what's trollish about speculating who our first opponent will be next season.

14. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yeah, they're not on our schedule next year. We play the NFC South and AFC West. We won't see the Pats again for 4 years, or in the Super Bowl, whichever comes first.

15. deuce4pres

deuce4pres Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

OUCH!!! The snowy conditions have not been very friendly to the Saints in games past,

I completely forgot about a n NFC champ game rematch with the Bears. We did the same this yr against the Vikes.

16. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I was just kidding about the snow lol. The divisional games seem to always set a tone for the season as an opener to me. But more than likely it's going to be Chicago.

17. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Chill out. What's wrong with you?

I would say it should be the Saints @ Packers because that would be the most recent 2 Super Bowl Champions, and 2 great MVP Super Bowl QBs most likely, and a game that would be fun & high scoring. Plus it's a wider interest group instead of just the NFC North battle.

Plus the Bears are going to suck next year. They will finish behind the Lions. For real.