Open Roster Spot

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
We've known since Monday that Mulumba is done for the season and no transaction yet to replace him. This leads me to believe that Thompson is looking hard at people outside of the organization. Will be very interesting to see what position group will have an addition.

D

Deleted member 6794

We've known since Monday that Mulumba is done for the season and no transaction yet to replace him. This leads me to believe that Thompson is looking hard at people outside of the organization. Will be very interesting to see what position group will have an addition.

I think the Packers will promote Banjo to the 53 to replace Mulumba on special teams.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If its Banjo then maybe there will be an additional move. There would be too many db's on the team that is thin on both lines. I would absolutely bring up Banjo but I would also cut Goodson, whom no one is going to claim, and put him on the PS. The I would grab a FA guy for either line if one exists. Jayrone and Banjo can both be game day active (if banjo isn't going to be active then adding him to the roster is useless since he is already on PS) and Brad Jones can take the rest of the year to get his quad back to 100 percent.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
The OL and DL are the most short-handed units.......thinking this is where TT goes with a new face.

D

Deleted member 6794

If its Banjo then maybe there will be an additional move. There would be too many db's on the team that is thin on both lines. I would absolutely bring up Banjo but I would also cut Goodson, whom no one is going to claim, and put him on the PS. The I would grab a FA guy for either line if one exists. Jayrone and Banjo can both be game day active (if banjo isn't going to be active then adding him to the roster is useless since he is already on PS) and Brad Jones can take the rest of the year to get his quad back to 100 percent.

I don´t think Thompson has any plans on bringing in a veteran free agent.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point. I forgot about Casey's eternal hamstring injury. I still don't see what purpose Goodson serves being on this team other than to keep TT from feeling bad about cutting a draft pick.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point. I forgot about Casey's eternal hamstring injury. I still don't see what purpose Goodson serves being on this team other than to keep TT from feeling bad about cutting a draft pick.

He has potential to be much better than Rolle down the road. Rolle is ready to play now.

D

Deleted member 6794

He has potential to be much better than Rolle down the road. Rolle is ready to play now.

I don´t know why a lot of people think that Goodson has that much potential. While it´s true he´s extremely raw because he only played football for three years you have to realize that he´s already 25 years old and I´m not sure being inactive for an entire season will help his instincts tremendously.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see Pennel rotating with Guion. And Elliot switched out with Mulumba. Pennel will help in other ways. Like giving us a boost in the middle. Seattle, and Jets have good running game. But thats no excuse for getting blown up like we have been. Pennel was a play maker in pre-season. Should that translate to real game time, it will push Guion. All considered it could be a great diference maker that ripples through the defense. while the secondary can absorb some of its losses. Hayward and Hyde hurts us by not being able to play. But we still have 2 good safetys, and our 3 top CBs. Heck bring in Richardson for a 3 safety set? Would be a great intimidator against the Lions big recievers, and two good TEs.... Richardson and Dix have a legion of boom-esque hitting mentality...Burnett could move around and play spy for someone maybe?

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don´t know why a lot of people think that Goodson has that much potential. While it´s true he´s extremely raw because he only played football for three years you have to realize that he´s already 25 years old and I´m not sure being inactive for an entire season will help his instincts tremendously.

He's quick, can really jump and battles. If there's one position that they can afford to take a raw guy and see what they can get out of him down the road, it's CB.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He's quick, can really jump and battles. If there's one position that they can afford to take a raw guy and see what they can get out of him down the road, it's CB.
I suspect the whole idea is for House to take Williams spot next year and either Rolle or Goodson to be the next fourth CB on the roster.Hayward's injury situation kind of muddles the situation but all in all, the future and present looks pretty good at this position.

Members online

Latest posts