1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

One thing irritated me the ENTIRE game...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 3irty1, Feb 7, 2011.

1. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    When Swain CAUGHT the ball, and then fumbled it, the refs ruled it incomplete. McCarthy challenged the play, and the ref came over to him like usual...

The Ref's mic was turned on, so you could hear the conversation, and it went like this:

McCarthy: "That was a fumble!"
    Ref: "OK, I'll tell you what..."
    -Ref realizes mic is turned on, and turns it off-
    Ref: ????????????

Is this not the SHADIEST thing that can happen? Nothing good can come after that statement... so Packer Nation I leave it to you... PLEASE fill in the next sentence to put my mind at ease.

2. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Driving Don Shula Crazy

Ratings:
    +491
    "I'll tell you what... That was pretty obviously an incomplete pass, so I'll give you the opportunity to withdraw the challenge... Unless you're sure you want to...?"

3. ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +77
    "I'll tell you what...you should've written me a check like those Iron fellows on the other side of the field."

• Like Like x 3
  4. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Boys, we just won our 13th Championship. Let's enjoy it for a while before worrying about #14.

5. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    I'll tell you what "we really don't know what were doing so if you could stop throwing that red hanky so we can get this thing over with and so I can get to my hooker before she drinks everything in the mini bar"...

• Like Like x 3
  6. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    haha, thats what me and my buddy were joking about during the game...

Ref: Tell you what... Foreman gave me a 50, what you got?

• Like Like x 1
  7. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    I tell you what, I'll go over, look at it for a few minutes and wont over turn it....I'm rooting for the guys in yellow

8. ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +77
    hahah Foreman. :happy0005:

9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,796
    I'll tell you what, we'll switch jobs. You put on this stripped shirt, I'll put on your green one. You think it's easy being a ref?
    My wife left me for a player I made calls against. My kids don't respect me and don't talk to me. My dog pees on my leg. Fans over at Packer forum diss us all the time. Players and coaches hate us. And now you do this? You don't trust me and my crew? I can't take it any more!

10. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I'll tell you what....I'm gonna do. NUTTIN.

11. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    he caught the ball and turned. It was a poor review

12. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Not arguing the ruling... arguing that Nothing logical that comes after "I'll tell you what..." fits in this scenario.

13. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    As someone stated I think he was giving McCarthy the chance to take his challenge back.

14. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    It is amazing how crappy people treat officials. It really is. I officiate high school basketball and football, and I'll tell you what. People are not nice.

15. PackwillBEback

Ratings:
    +40

If you know Walt Anderson, this is just the way he talks goes about things. He uses this as a little less confrontational way of addressing a coach. Instead of saying, NO it was incomplete. He says I'll tell you what....my Line Judge saw it, saw that he never secured the ball long enough. That is what he told me. Or I'll tell you what, my Line Judge didn't think your receiver was down by contact before losing the ball.

This is how Walt conducts himself as an NFL official and when he addresses the Big 12 officials, which he is the head of officiating for the Big 12 as well.

16. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    hahaha oh man I feel your pain, I used to ref 8-14 year old kids soccer and I've been cursed out by 40 something year old soccer moms infront of their kids. Some people are so blinded by loyalty that any call that goes against them they just can't take it.

17. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    I think it was a bang bang play. Too close to change the call on the field regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    luckily the call didnt change the outcome

19. Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I'll tell you what...I'll accept the challenge but it won't do any good.

20. PackwillBEback

Ratings:
    +40
    GiftedApe, I hear you. I understand support, and frustration. I do it too...but I would never go up to an official and confront them. I won't trash them too much...even with bad calls. But man...if people were allowed on the fields, they would kill officials. I guess I am more sympathetic than most though because of being in that position, albeit on a much smaller scale.

Really, I only think there was one bad penalty called, the face mask. It was phantom. But, you are trained to see the headtwist...though you are also trained to makes you see the grasp and twist of the helmet with the opponents hand. The official will know the mistake...and realize why it is made.

The two penalties on Tramon and against the Steelers on the kickoff were ticky tack, but right. Plus they were consistent on them, so right on. There was a reason why they were officiating this game.

21. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +847
    The only thing that bothered me during the game was Joe Buck. I wish he would never announce a game again.

22. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    the only problem i have with refs in the Super Bowl is that it's an All Star cast instead of the best team. I think thats one the dumbest things the NFL does.

23. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I thought the game was pretty well called. The one call that bothered me was the one facemask we had (I can't remember who it was called on).

24. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    GREAT thread.

I think it was a drop, but, at the end of the day, the clearcut miss was the phantom horsecollar call on Crabtree.

Ha. Thinking about it, Steelers fans were right. Bad calls don't matter than much, when a team is clearly superior to the other...

25. Pigpenster

Pigpenster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Me too, suprised nobody has mentioned this one. I think they should bring back the incidental facemask penalty the 5 yard one.