One thing irritated me the ENTIRE game...

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
When Swain CAUGHT the ball, and then fumbled it, the refs ruled it incomplete. McCarthy challenged the play, and the ref came over to him like usual...

The Ref's mic was turned on, so you could hear the conversation, and it went like this:

McCarthy: "That was a fumble!"
Ref: "OK, I'll tell you what..."
-Ref realizes mic is turned on, and turns it off-
Ref: ????????????

Is this not the SHADIEST thing that can happen? Nothing good can come after that statement... so Packer Nation I leave it to you... PLEASE fill in the next sentence to put my mind at ease.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
"I'll tell you what... That was pretty obviously an incomplete pass, so I'll give you the opportunity to withdraw the challenge... Unless you're sure you want to...?"

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boys, we just won our 13th Championship. Let's enjoy it for a while before worrying about #14.

OP
OP
3irty1

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
"I'll tell you what...you should've written me a check like those Iron fellows on the other side of the field."

haha, thats what me and my buddy were joking about during the game...

Ref: Tell you what... Foreman gave me a 50, what you got?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you what, we'll switch jobs. You put on this stripped shirt, I'll put on your green one. You think it's easy being a ref?
My wife left me for a player I made calls against. My kids don't respect me and don't talk to me. My dog pees on my leg. Fans over at Packer forum diss us all the time. Players and coaches hate us. And now you do this? You don't trust me and my crew? I can't take it any more!

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is amazing how crappy people treat officials. It really is. I officiate high school basketball and football, and I'll tell you what. People are not nice.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not arguing the ruling... arguing that Nothing logical that comes after "I'll tell you what..." fits in this scenario.

If you know Walt Anderson, this is just the way he talks goes about things. He uses this as a little less confrontational way of addressing a coach. Instead of saying, NO it was incomplete. He says I'll tell you what....my Line Judge saw it, saw that he never secured the ball long enough. That is what he told me. Or I'll tell you what, my Line Judge didn't think your receiver was down by contact before losing the ball.

This is how Walt conducts himself as an NFL official and when he addresses the Big 12 officials, which he is the head of officiating for the Big 12 as well.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
It is amazing how crappy people treat officials. It really is. I officiate high school basketball and football, and I'll tell you what. People are not nice.

hahaha oh man I feel your pain, I used to ref 8-14 year old kids soccer and I've been cursed out by 40 something year old soccer moms infront of their kids. Some people are so blinded by loyalty that any call that goes against them they just can't take it.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GiftedApe, I hear you. I understand support, and frustration. I do it too...but I would never go up to an official and confront them. I won't trash them too much...even with bad calls. But man...if people were allowed on the fields, they would kill officials. I guess I am more sympathetic than most though because of being in that position, albeit on a much smaller scale.

Really, I only think there was one bad penalty called, the face mask. It was phantom. But, you are trained to see the headtwist...though you are also trained to makes you see the grasp and twist of the helmet with the opponents hand. The official will know the mistake...and realize why it is made.

The two penalties on Tramon and against the Steelers on the kickoff were ticky tack, but right. Plus they were consistent on them, so right on. There was a reason why they were officiating this game.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only problem i have with refs in the Super Bowl is that it's an All Star cast instead of the best team. I think thats one the dumbest things the NFL does.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I thought the game was pretty well called. The one call that bothered me was the one facemask we had (I can't remember who it was called on).

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GREAT thread.

I think it was a drop, but, at the end of the day, the clearcut miss was the phantom horsecollar call on Crabtree.

Ha. Thinking about it, Steelers fans were right. Bad calls don't matter than much, when a team is clearly superior to the other...

Pigpenster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the game was pretty well called. The one call that bothered me was the one facemask we had (I can't remember who it was called on).

Me too, suprised nobody has mentioned this one. I think they should bring back the incidental facemask penalty the 5 yard one.

Members online

Latest posts