1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

One Thing I'm Actually a Little Sad About

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by c_mac, Jan 23, 2011.

1. OneHotelFoxtrot

OneHotelFoxtrot Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    ..and another thing, what in the world is there to be sad about? Our Packers are going to the SUPER BOWL!! GPG

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I don't want to hear/read the Favre word today. Today's about the 2010-11 Packers.

3. oregonfootball

oregonfootball Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes Exactly, Favre was too wreckless and scary sometimes! And Rodgers, he will even get better. He seems smarter and more in control of himself and the team.

4. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    UGH!.... this is NOT about BF.. It's about our Green Bay Packers Team of 2010...

5. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Rodgers is a stud, TT is a genius, MM is a good coach and Benedict has a lil willy n pretty much sucks at life!!!

How about a big GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

Superbowl 45 here we come!!!!!!

6. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Was I really that cryptic in my initial post? Or are some of you being that dense?

If it is the former, let me try and clarify:

I don't feel bad for Favre AT ALL nor do I wish he was on the field right now. My point simply was that how cool would it be if we were on good terms with our legendary QB at this moment. Just like how Willie Davis was an honorary captain and was welcomed into the locker room, it would have been awesome IF things could have worked out that way with Favre. They did not, however, and that's the way it is. I'm certainly not letting it dim my enthusiasm for going to the Super Bowl. But, yeah, it does make me a pinch sad.

Just for the record:

Yes, Favre is a dick. Yes, he went to Vikings and spit in our faces. No, I don't want to see him included in any Super Bowl festivities.

7. OneHotelFoxtrot

OneHotelFoxtrot Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    No its not that were dense, its just at this point Favre is the last thing I am thinking about. I couldnt care less if he were on good terms with the organization or not.

8. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,204
    You're kidding. The Packers are on their way to the Super Bowl and someone still brings up four year old news? C'mon man. That ship sailed. Let it go.

9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Sometimes you just gotta keep your thoughts to yourself and this was one of those times.

10. brett2520

brett2520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    I agree, this is the time to celebrate THESE Packers! AFTER WE WIN SUPER BOWL XLV, then we can put everything in a historical perspective and include Rodgers in a future-legend discussion, but save that for Febuary 7th, the day after the Super Bowl.

11. SyX

SyX Stranger in a strange land

Ratings:
    +90
    IF Farve were to have been there, it would have been nothing but another attempt from him to be front and center and put himself above the team and the league.

I actually became a fan of the Packers, or probably more precisely a supporter of Rodgers, once the team made the decision to make the move to him. I've kept an eye on him for the past 3 seasons and have gotten to like the team more and more in large part because of him. Also in part due to Favre's continued asshatery. Paying attention to Rodgers, I've gotten to like more of the Packers. So, in a way, I can attribute my fanhood of the Packers to Favre, just in the opposite way of a lot of fans.

There may well be a time and place for the healing between Favre, the Packers and whatever fans will allow him back into their hearts. Yesterday was not that time. February 6th won't be either.

12. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    When the Pack win two SBs with Rodgers, it will make the healing of the overrated losing BrINT Fail that much easier.

13. packerlover125

packerlover125 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    There are many Packer fans who hate Favre..... I don't have any sadness or sympathy that he left Packers .... I don't like the drama after he left Packers though. If you love GB Packers, Favre is a part of Packer history and can not erase from it. We were Super Bowl champion when he played as Packers and we will be the champion AGAIN with Rodgers.
    And we believe that Rodgers is much better QB than Roethlisberger. He is the one leading us to Super Bowl Champion this year !!

14. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Or what happens? My feelings get hurt on an internet forum? :Worried:

15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    No, but you opened up a can of worms that didn't have to be opened.

Mention Burnt around here and it pushes buttons.
    I know that wasn't your intention (Or I hope not) but why anyone would think about him and then feel the need to share that among majority of fans who like the Packers but no longer Fraud, I don't know why.

How long have you been here?
    Haven't you noticed our feelings towards BrINT?

16. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I got it. People are just so offended by what he's done, they don't even want to see his name mentioned.

Since he defined this team for me while I was growing up, I idolized him. I hate him for the way he treated management, the fans, and his fellow players by acting the way he did. However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to go back in time, erase everything that happened, have him retire like a good boy, and be on good terms with him. That was the point of your post, right?

17. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    I feel more sad that guys like Al Harris and Aaron Kampman won't be there.

:chisux:........and so does their QB.

18. PackersRule2011

PackersRule2011 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm over Brett

• Like Like x 1
  19. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    as the T-shirt says; Buck Frett. No Vikings fans here.

20. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Precisely!

I didn't really feel that way until we won the game yesterday. It just sucks that an all-time great Packer ruined his chance to be able to celebrate such an awesome moment in Packer history.

• Like Like x 1
  21. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,975

ok now that makes sense!

22. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    At lest one more famous Packers QB gets to celebrate with us, Bart Starr

23. Forget Favre