1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

One Thing I'm Actually a Little Sad About

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by c_mac, Jan 23, 2011.

1. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    How cool would this be if we could have celebrated this with Brett Favre? Not on the field, of course, but if he would have retired as a Packer and supported the team. I know he has been a dick but it does make me a little sad he can't really be apart of the celebration (for good reason, however).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    If you mean, had he retired the proper way, not gone to the Vikings, not been a douche...yeah, it's sad.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Yeah he can go F himself. He should celebrate with the lions since he loved to call them up and talk about our offense. Or Maybe the Vikings in the NFC north basement, since he HAD to go there. NO sympathy.

• Like Like x 3
  4. InRodgersWeTrust

InRodgersWeTrust Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    We're in the Superbowl with Aaron Rodgers having lead us there.

**** Brett Favre tonight. Why the need to bring him into everything Packers related?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    They couldnt let him in the lockerroom he would want to push Willie Davis out of the way so the camera can be on him.

Maybe when he can go 6 months without being accused of sexting he can be let out in public. Scumbag.

6. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Why? He had NOTHING to do with it! You may as well be sad that Barry Sanders wasn't there to be a part of the celebration.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Check my screen name and my sig and avatar.

Out with the old garbage down the toilet.

It's a new era with the Packers.
    Either get on the bus or get off and stay off.

8. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Mods, please lock this thread. It's nothing but a distraction!

• Like Like x 1
  9. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Yes, that was my point.

Holy crap fellas! Chill out! I'm as big of a "**** Brett Favre" guy as there is. If you don't like it when Brett acts like a douche then don't do the same.

10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Then act that way when your here after a big Packers victory.

If you want to cry about Favre, this is the place where you want to feel welcomed, than do it here: Official Website of Brett Favre - Minnesota Vikings Quarterback

There are just too many Fart haters on here to feel any sympathy for the moron.

11. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Rodgers2Finley4TDs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    It just makes it that much better that we can rub this in his face.

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    OMG

Seriously a Brett thread?

There ya go c_mac

I unlocked it and made it sticky

Carry on

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
  14. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    This pretty much sums up how I feel about this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aPJYrFLStg]YouTube - The Sandlot in 5 Seconds[/ame]

15. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    He had his chance. Instead he threw a pass to Corey Webster. At the time I so badly wanted him to end his career with a ring and secure his legacy as the greatest QB ever. Now I'm still upset he blew that chance, but not upset that he's going to end his career like this, legacy tarnished, both on and off the field.

Right now we have a QB who's won just as many road playoff games. I'll take him instead.

16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
  17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Yes everybody let's all feel sorry for a guy who
    A) Gave away Green Bay's game plans to the Lions.
    B) Told Peppers of the Bears to go out and beat the Packers while still being a Viking.

Farrv would laugh when he saw that hit on A-Rod by Peppers.

18. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Forgot about that

19. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Favre was actually the farthest thing from my mind when the Packers won. All I saw was this current team. They are the present and future, Favre is but the past. I'm not going to wrap myself up in the vengeance aspect, Confucius warned, "When embarking upon a journey of vengeance, dig two graves." This team is better than that. Let us focus on them and take nothing away. No aspect of Favre won us that game.

20. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    I locked this at one point..

c_mac sent me pms voicing his displeasure

So I re-opened to make c_mac happy

21. oregonfootball

oregonfootball Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I still love Favre, but now I'm loving Rodgers even more. Like it or not he's part of Packers history permanently. The league is different now. So much changing teams. What happens if Rodgers ever eventually ends up on another team. No one and no media says it but Favre wanted to run up his NFL records so as they last.
    Yea the flip flopping on Retirement could have been handled better by him, I think his health and confidence levels influenced this. Look how many great players change teams now days, if that were not the case we would have probably won our last Superbowl with Regie White and company.

History is History but right now its let's go Rodgers and the Pack! Favre is History now, so we'll just let him deal with that.

Edited. Don't know anything about about Favre and Game plans or him telling someone to hurt a Packer.?? Right now I really don't care I just want to enjoy THIS team.

22. Sandmire33

Sandmire33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    So are all the Favre trolls from before getting back on this board and jumping on the bandwaggon or what? Who cares about Brett Right now... other then Favre trolls.. Just curious for people that have been on here awhile... have you seen a lot of the people that dissed the packers the last few years back on here cheering for them like nothing happened?

23. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +495
    I'm sad the Packers didn't score more on the Bears.

• Like Like x 1
  24. oregonfootball

oregonfootball Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Sorry I jumped on the bandwagon wearing Diapers in a city that has been always Green and Gold. My days included rooting for even a few wins some seasons before Holmgram came.
    As far as bandwagon, there is room on it for anyone. Many get attached to the Packers and stay lifetime fans. I've met some of the most dedicated Packer fans in other states.:)

25. OneHotelFoxtrot

OneHotelFoxtrot Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    I was one of the rare ones fully on board when the organization decided to go with Rodgers. I was already prepared for the new era when Favre announced retirement and when he wanted to come back it sort of annoyed me. So for me personally, I don't ever think about him with this team, haven't for the past 3 years and won't ever again. I can honestly say I truly love Rodgers and to be honest, I have trusted him more in these playoffs than I ever did with Favre.

• Like Like x 3