One thing I DO NOT want to see tomorrow.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I do not want to see tomorrow.....

Charles Woodson Returning Punts.

It scares the crap out of me every time he returns one and makes a cut or takes a hit.

It is freakin crazy, and M.M. is rolling the dice by letting him do it. Somebody call the Packers and complain.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing about that is he's money when the game is on the line. Look no further than his brilliant return against the Chiefs to take the game passed the two-minute warning.

He's a multitalented player who's dangerous with the ball in his hands. It's scary, but until someone else proves they're better--it'll just have to be Chuck.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson returns punts because HE wants to and if that keeps him happy then its all good. You gotta just let the guy go out and play and have fun.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well as of right now we don't have a better option. Blackmon was supposed to be taking over that role, but his feet keep breaking.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree and have complained of this before. Furthermore, he's not fast, or elusive and he doesn't get any yardage, he just runs sideways.

How about K-Rob?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I hate woodson returning punts.

If I had to pick 1 thing MM is messing up, its that.

1. Woodson isn't great at it (he had ONE good return this year, wow.)
2. It's not worth losing him to injury.

Reaction score
I don't think K-Rob is going to return punts, according to his friend (who has proven to be reliable with his info) K-Rob doesn't want to do the job and forcing it on him wouldn't be the best course of action.

Realistically, I'd like to see Tramon Williams be given a shot as PR. IF he proves to be capable of securing the ball and making good decisions on which punts to field, even if he isn't as big a threat as Woodson for returning one back, I'd like to see him be given the punt return duties.

I was thinking Bodiford, but I don't think we'll be having 6 WRs active on game day anytime soon.

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like seeing Woodson returning punts, he's a great corner and if we loose him we're in trouble. Give it to K-Rob but if he doesn't want it give it to Tramon Williams.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson returns punts because HE wants to and if that keeps him happy then its all good. You gotta just let the guy go out and play and have fun.

Actually, McCarthy loves him back there, and he's said so on numerous occasions. He's one of the smartest return men in the league in terms of almost never fair catching and never letting the ball bounce past him for that extra 10-20 yards that so many other guys give up. When was the last time you saw a ball bounce past him? When was the last time you saw him fair catch when it wasn't necessary? He gets a ton of "hidden" yardage for us in that way.

It would suck if he got hurt, but he doesn't fumble (only once as a Packer) and he's damn smart.

All that being said, the only guy I'd put back there ahead of him is Blackmon and he's injured. I think McCarthy would play Blackmon if he were healthy.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Aytumious. Woodson isn't a "great" returner, if by that you mean gets a lot of monster returns. (Which often comes with a fair amount of neg returns and fumbles.)

What he does is almost always have a decent return, and never has a negative return. He grinds out solid yards that add up, and he doesn't screw up, and he is smart.

"Hidden" yardage is exactly right. Watch what he does. He never lets the ball go past him and never does the unnecessary fair catch. He grinds out the extra yards every time.

Would I like to have a player that is all this, AND gets a lot of monster returns? Yes. We don't have anyone healthy to do that right now, though.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May not be the greatest sitiation but I'll still take Woodson over some guy I don't trust muffing the return. If we blew a game like that all of the sudden alot of people would have a different opinion

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another fact is if I am not mistaken, he has yet to muff a punt since being back there as a Packer. Those are game changing plays as we know from the Eagles game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
woodson wa son wssp talking bout this...He said going to oakland he was told he would be able to return punts and be part of the offense..He said it really hurt him that they lied to him..

a big part was to come here and help out on p/r at the very least...

as far as K-rob, ( as AADP mentioned )his friend/manager who posted here said he thinks its career suicide, so doubt he will do it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, I guess if Woodson returning punts is a key thing to making him happy and not being a distraction, I guess it's ok.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I want to see fans show they know the players names by spelling them correctly. No, no I don't. It's funny, ya know ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts