On this date February 6, 2011...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 2D2A37EA-3D04-493F-830B-A13FA6BEAA79.png
    2D2A37EA-3D04-493F-830B-A13FA6BEAA79.png
    588.3 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
If you did you`re smarter than me obviously..........(waiting for the comeback !)

Bill...Bill...Bill ... I just have a wonderful sense of the absurd. My response was pure foolishness. I mean really, EVERYONE knows that a bunny would have a pancake on its head. NOT a waffle.

I was just jerking you. :whistling: Sorry. :sneaky: Heh heh heh ... ;)

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Was there..cold as hell..camera froze few times

Nice pics, LT. My son was there ... I was still dumbfounded that the Pack actually won. Took a couple of weeks for it to sink in. Unlike the '96 season where the Pack were the consensus pick to win that year, I kept harboring the fear that the defense from the front half of the season would rear its ugly head ... and thus ... well, I wasn't mentally prepared as I was for the freeze of the '96-'97 celebration. You will recall that the team got stuck in their buses downtown by revelers and arrived at the jam-packed, and largely drunken, stadium a "few hours" late.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice pics, LT. My son was there ... I was still dumbfounded that the Pack actually won. Took a couple of weeks for it to sink in. Unlike the '96 season where the Pack were the consensus pick to win that year, I kept harboring the fear that the defense from the front half of the season would rear its ugly head ... and thus ... well, I wasn't mentally prepared as I was for the freeze of the '96-'97 celebration. You will recall that the team got stuck in their buses downtown by revelers and arrived at the jam-packed, and largely drunken, stadium a "few hours" late.
Yeah that was a mess...

There's a pick of a lineman with no shirt on..he took a dive into a snow bank..forgot who he was..

It was really cold that day about 5 degree

Pic if Collins with trophy got signed and gave him a copy

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Bill...Bill...Bill ... I just have a wonderful sense of the absurd. My response was pure foolishness. I mean really, EVERYONE knows that a bunny would have a pancake on its head. NOT a waffle.

I was just jerking you. :whistling: Sorry. :sneaky: Heh heh heh ... ;)

No need for apology mate, I just genuinely didn't understand . It Was a stupid question by me, it's just I'm reading a book about it and the Maine issue was mentioned but there was no further info and I was curious. No problem.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
No need for apology mate, I just genuinely didn't understand . It Was a stupid question by me, it's just I'm reading a book about it and the Maine issue was mentioned but there was no further info and I was curious. No problem.

I wasn't apologizing, my friend. I was still needling you. :tup:

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly thought we were witnessing the beginning of a dynasty after that super bowl. That was a great year

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Optimism was at an all-time high for the establishment of a dynasty, similar to the Patriots.
Kansas City's recent win reminded me of our Super Bowl win. All the talk about Mahomes and how many Super Bowls he will appear in during the coming years. People were saying the same about us then, but it never materialized.

I was skeptical about Thompson's approach at the time (not completely opposed, but skeptical), but that Super Bowl win convinced me he must know what he was doing. Maybe I should have stayed a little more skeptical.

I said at the time that it was a blessing and a curse. A team that barely made the playoffs... due to a missed chip shot field goal... gets hot and runs the table.
We needed some help getting into the playoffs, but we were no fluke. They won 15 games the following season. They were the best team in football for about a year there.

Last edited:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was Mike's stale playbook and playcalls. If he spent more time keeping his system up to date instead of missing meetings for massages we may have more titles (that's mostly a joke). He also held onto Capers for way too long. Mike shares equal blame, sorry.

So Ted tanking the Defense wasn't the problem? We'd have 3 Superbowls with Rodgers if Ted had done his job in a satisfactory and competent fashion

H

HardRightEdge

Totally random question here since reading the history of the prohibition era, Did Maine ever repeal the dry law ? or is it just one of those laws that died a death naturally ?
Google and Wikipedia are your friends, but you piqued my interest. Given the government revenue collected from liquor taxes and licenses, you can bet that the state laws associated with the distribution and sale of alcohol are locked an loaded. Maine's laws run about 200 pages.

There are some 33 states that allow municipalities to go dry in various permutations, Maine being one of them. Three states are dry by default however their counties can specifically authorize liquor sales at which point they fall under state liquor laws and presumably taxation.

About the only liquor laws that die on the vine might be in those places with an outright ban on consumption, if any still exist, where that law is not enforced. Nowhere in this fair land will authorities bust down your door and arrest you for having a beer in your hand.

Today, the marijuana laws are more interesting. Some states have legalized pot, but federal law maintains that it is illegal, which creates a problem for pot businesses. They fear a federal crackdown if they run any money through the federal banking system. Most banks, and certainly no federal ones, will take their money. A friend of mine in Illinois where pot was recently legalized told me the stores are cash only. Taking debit or credit cards could run afoul of federal law. Evidently, there are small local banks or S&Ls in these states that specialize in handling pot money accounts, though how they operate outside all federal channels is something you'd have to take to a banker.

It all goes to the long and tortured history in this fair land, where Puritan ethics are constantly butting heads with so-called American individualism and libertarianism. Or, in short, to encompass all things Amercian, you should follow these steps:

1. In words, eschew sin in all forms.
2. In practice, sin like crazy on Saturday night.
3. Repent in church on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Google and Wikipedia are your friends, but you piqued my interest. Given the government revenue collected from liquor taxes and licenses, you can bet that the state laws associated with the distribution and sale of alcohol are locked an loaded. Maine's laws run about 200 pages.

There are some 33 states that allow municipalities to go dry in various permutations, Maine being one of them. Three states are dry by default however their counties can specifically authorize liquor sales at which point they fall under state liquor laws and presumably taxation.

About the only liquor laws that die on the vine might be in those places with an outright ban on consumption, if any still exist, where that law is not enforced. Nowhere in this fair land will authorities bust down your door and arrest you for having a beer in your hand.

Today, the marijuana laws are more interesting. Some states have legalized pot, but federal law maintains that it is illegal, which creates a problem for pot businesses. They fear a federal crackdown if they run any money through the federal banking system. Most banks, and certainly no federal ones, will take their money. A friend of mine in Illinois where pot was recently legalized told me the stores are cash only. Taking debit or credit cards could run afoul of federal law. Evidently, there are small local banks or S&Ls in these states that specialize in handling pot money accounts, though how they operate outside all federal channels is something you'd have to take to a banker.

It all goes to the long and tortured history in this fair land, where Puritan ethics are constantly butting heads with so-called American individualism and libertarianism. Or, is short, to encompass all things Amercian, you should follow these steps:

1. In words, eschew sin in all forms.
2. In practice, sin like crazy on Saturday night.
3. Repent in church on Sunday.

I appreciate your advice and I did try honestly. We have strange laws that were never actually repealed, the playing of what you would call soccer was banned because Englishmen were expected to practise their archery skills. The other one being it was permitted to kill Welshmen from the walls of Chester with a bow if they were romantically involved with an English woman.

H

HardRightEdge

I appreciate your advice and I did try honestly. We have strange laws that were never actually repealed, the playing of what you would call soccer was banned because Englishmen were expected to practise their archery skills. The other one being it was permitted to kill Welshmen from the walls of Chester with a bow if they were romantically involved with an English woman.
Is it not still legal to kill secessionist Welshmen from the walls of Chester with a bow, long- or cross-? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I

is it not still legal to kill secessionist Welshmen from the walls of Chester with a bow, long- or cross-? :eek:

No, it has to be a long bow. The church tower of the church nearest to the Welsh border only has three clockfaces. The one facing Wales does not have a clock because apparently we wouldn`t give the Welsh the time of day.....lol

H

HardRightEdge

No, it has to be a long bow. The church tower of the church nearest to the Welsh border only has three clockfaces. The one facing Wales does not have a clock because apparently we wouldn`t give the Welsh the time of day.....lol
They gave us Welsh Rarebit and the Welsh Corgi. I suppose they deserve it. ;)

D

Deleted member 6794

Remove Mike McCarthy's name from your issue. It was ALL Ted. It wasn't Mike's idea to gut the Defense and go all in on Offense.

Thompson definitely spent way more resources on improving the defense but unfortunately failed at it.

Members online

Latest posts