On the clock

lineman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
If some of you can stop *****ing for a while, the Packers have three picks in a row coming up. Lets see what we get.

normaly I would be excited, but im not expecting much

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all this negativity, all because TT didn't pick the players he was projected to pick, the players ESPN think are good.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STRENGTHS
Aggressiveness
Discipline
Instincts
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Athleticism
Size

An overachiever who gets the most from his abilities, Hall’s attitude, toughness and football intelligence will help him find a spot at the next level.

Biography:

Four-year starter awarded varying degrees of All-Conference honors since his freshman campaign. WAC Defensive Player of the Year as a senior after totaling 105/6.5/3.5 and adding six interceptions. Junior totals included a career-high 106-tackles.

Pos:

Omnipresent college linebacker with marginal size/speed numbers. Remains disciplined with assignments and shows top instincts. Aggressive, plays faster than his 40-time and is constantly around the action, making positive plays. Gets depth on drops, effectively uses his hands to protect himself and quickly alters his angle of attack. Stays with cover assignments and fires up the field in run defense.

Neg:

Undersized and easily blocked at the point of attack. Does not show much suddenness to his game.
Straight from the Boise State official Athletics website: (Cause it's too much to write)

COLLEGE - (2006) Named second-team Preseason All-American by NationalChamps.net…Named to the Preseason watch lists for the Rotary Lombardi Award, the Bronko Nagurski Trophy and the Lott Trophy…Named the WAC Preseason Defensive Player of the Year by the Sporting News and Blue Ribbon…Named to the Sporting News, Blue Ribbon and Football.com preseason All-WAC Teams…Named the 10th best inside linebacker in the country heading into the season by the Sporting News…Heads into season 15th in all-time tackles at Boise State and can move into fourth with just 72 tackles…

(2005) Named first-team All-WAC for the second consecutive season after leading the Broncos with 106 tackles, 5.0 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, two interceptions and three pass breakups…Had double-digit tackles five times for the Broncos, including a career-high 15 against Boston College in the MPC Computers Bowl….Finished with 12 tackles at Oregon State…Had 11 tackles and 1.5 sacks at Utah State…Made 10 tackles at both Fresno State and Louisiana Tech…Recorded eight tackles at Georgia and seven tackles against Hawai’i, San Jose State, New Mexico State, and Idaho…Picked off passes against Nevada and Hawai’i…Named preseason honorable mention All-America and first-team All-WAC by Street & Smith’s and first-team All-WAC by Athlon Sports…Named to the 2005 Bronko Nagurski Trophy Watch List, the 2005 Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List, and the 2005 Chuck Bednarik Award Watch List…Named the nation’s 12th-best inside linebacker by The Sporting News…

lineman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all this negativity, all because TT didn't pick the players he was projected to pick, the players ESPN think are good.

We had another great QB fall into our lap, they dont come around a lot. Quinn could have a carreer like favre and a QB half as good as Favre is hard to find, instead we took a DT that played three games last year. Now we trade down for a bunch of players that might not make the roster. I just cant get excited.

A kicker? Christ

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OregonPackFan said:

We had another great QB fall into our lap, they dont come around a lot. Quinn could have a carreer like favre and a QB half as good as Favre is hard to find, instead we took a DT that played three games last year. Now we trade down for a bunch of players that might not make the roster. I just cant get excited.

A kicker? Christ

Please don't tell me you're rating Quinn above Rodgers? Lol, that's ridiculous. I just can't take anything some of you people say seriously.....

A big part of the Pack's problems last year were special teams. These last three picks address that. Harrell addresses our inability to stop the run.

lineman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
OregonPackFan said:

A kicker? Christ

Please don't tell me you're rating Quinn above Rodgers? Lol, that's ridiculous. I just can't take anything some of you people say seriously.....

A big part of the Pack's problems last year were special teams. These last three picks address that. Harrell addresses our inability to stop the run.

I just dont see much out of Aaron Rodgers. I also like how Quinn handled himself yesterday.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Justin Harrell - A Great player who can help stop the run
Brandon Jackson - Maybe a good replacement for Green?
James Jones - A Receiver that has great hands to catch in a crowd
Aaron Rouse - A great Safety who is physical
Allen Barbre - A good solid backup
David Clowney - A speedy receiver to catch the deep ball
Korey Hall - Helpfull of Special Teams?
Desmon Bishop - Helpfull of Special Teams?
Mason Crosby - Dave Rayners Replacement

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just dont see much out of Aaron Rodgers. I also like how Quinn handled himself yesterday.

So....2 years of watching and discussing NFL film with NFL head coaches, studying under one of the game's greatest at your position, practicing with NFL players, and plenty of preseason playing time isn't enough to top a guy who so far in the NFL has: done a good job "handling himself".

In case you forgot, Rodge did the exact same thing on his draft day, minus running to the commish's private suite to cry.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We probably picked the linebackers to use on special teams.

Oregon - Ah, thanks. I was wondering why, but what you said is probably the answer. Our special teams suck and could use the help. :)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wondering if any of these people can return kicks. We need a KR. Or is that something we're looking for in the 7th? (fast guy from small school)

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Korey Hall, ILB, Boise State

I live here in Boise, and this kid is special. Reminds me a lot of Hawk...has good speed, sees the field, anticipates well, and has good hands. Maybe a little small for the NFL right now.

lineman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

So....2 years of watching and discussing NFL film with NFL head coaches, studying under one of the game's greatest at your position, practicing with NFL players, and plenty of preseason playing time isn't enough to top a guy who so far in the NFL has: done a good job "handling himself".

In case you forgot, Rodge did the exact same thing on his draft day, minus running to the commish's private suite to cry.

Well with that logic we should have signed more free agents this off season and traded away our draft picks :roll:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:

Wondering if any of these people can return kicks. We need a KR. Or is that something we're looking for in the 7th? (fast guy from small school)

I was thinking David Clowney to do KR

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts