OMG Gonna miss the big game saturday

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't this game be sunday again. I am gonna be at a concert saturday night, and probably gonna miss one of the most exciting games this year... GAHHHHH

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel your pain... my work xmas party is saturday night. We got a box for a hockey game. It's going to be fun but I just want to watch the game. thankfully the box should have a tv so hopefully I'll get the game on. Either way I'm PVRing it and will watch when I get home... I'm just worried there's no way I can not hear scores while I'm there which sucks. Still gonna be sporting my AROD jersey though... which I debated cuz it probably increases the chances some random tells me the score or says something.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh, you gotta get your priorities in order! Concert? Concert???

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tivo it, dont turn on the radio or check your phone and get and watch it. also tivo the next show just in case it runs over.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
tivo it, dont turn on the radio or check your phone and get and watch it. also tivo the next show just in case it runs over.
Sound advice! Really though...concert? Unless its a Kurt Cobain/Brad Nowell/Hendrix/Morrison back from the dead for one night only concert...Is that the show you're seeing?

OP
OP
joshsup17

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha, sorry its korn, disturbed, and sevendust... ill pry have my phone out the whole time checking the score honestly, well see. been planning this thing for a couple months.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Ive seen em all. They all put on good shows, but nothing like what you're going to miss.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Its amazing how many people already have other plans for that day!

Thank goodness for the DVR!!! ...oh and smart phones!

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
When I was at the Sevendust show mentioned above, Lajon (their lead singer) was onstage and there was this girl, probably about 14-19, who was handicapped in an electric wheelchair. She was trying to do her best, mosh/dance/headbang moves, but alas, could only use her hand and move her chair forward/backwards 12 inches or so each way. Im sure you can picture it. Anyhow, he jumps off stage get right up in her grill and just starts jammin out with her. He spent the better portion of 2 songs with the girl (on the concert lawn) just making her day that much better. At the end of the show he ran out some (I assume) signed memorabilia (CDs, poster and shirts).
I thought that was a pretty classy move and since have had a tremendous amount of respect for the band.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't this game be sunday again. I am gonna be at a concert saturday night, and probably gonna miss one of the most exciting games this year... GAHHHHH
Your priorities are set wrong.... Packers playoff game, conert?? PACKERS GAMEEEEEE!!!!!! lol naw j/k have fun at the concert i will watch the game for you. hehe

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sound advice! Really though...concert? Unless its a Kurt Cobain/Brad Nowell/Hendrix/Morrison back from the dead for one night only concert...Is that the show you're seeing?

True on the run over thing.. I DVR'd the game Sunday and it cut off at the 2 minute warning!!! ARRGG

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A concert? Really? A concert over a Packers playoff game? Come on man! Use your common sense :D

I missed my works Christmas Party on Sunday to watch the game, and I have someone covering my shift on Saturday so I can watch it this week.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You people are crazy I would miss my own child being born lol well that is about the only thing I would miss the game for lol. Other than that not much come over the game no weddings other people babies, partys. Also I would never get married during the football season just look at the eagles game it go moved to a tuesday. lol If I was on my last strike at work and I had to work the day of the game I would be thinking well its really time for a new job anyways lol.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha, sorry its korn, disturbed, and sevendust... ill pry have my phone out the whole time checking the score honestly, well see. been planning this thing for a couple months.

3 outdated and overdone bands.

**** that.

Buy the CDs. They sound better anyway. Besides, do you really want to party with late 20 somethings smashing into each other to bash each other inside out to the tune of decent music? OOOORRR would you rather watch late 20 somethings smashing into each other to bash each other inside out to the tune of a PLAYOFF CHAMPIONSHIP BERTH?!?

When you talk to your grandchildren, are you gonna tell them about the time you were a LIFELONG KORN fan who skipped watching your favorite team win a playoff game, or that you are a lifelong PACKERS fan, and told your girlfriend that the band she wants you to go see is NOT as IMPORTANT as seeing your TEAM win a HUGE GAME for the chance at another SUPERBOWL.

Dont be that guy. Think BraveHeart Speech...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enwqNa39DqE]YouTube - William Wallace Freedom Speech from Braveheart Movie (Mel Gibson)[/ame]

Let this be our PLAYOFF MANTRA...

I would trade all of our tomorrow moments for just this one.

Dont miss this. We need all of our fans supporting us, screaming at the TV from a bar or a dorm room. Each voice will be heard, if yelled high enough.

GO PACK GO!!!

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I'd be scalping those concert tickets. Priorities, bro.

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If one of my 4 daughters were getting married Saturday night...they would be looking for someone else to walk them down the isle!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Concert? I took a girl I had hopped to marry to like the 100th release of Gone with the wind. The Bears were playing the Packers....I couldn't take it, so I told her to enjoy the movie, but I am going to go out to the car and listen to the game. Win-Win. She was a Packer fan and had no problem with it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they try to bury me on a sunday I hope the packers are playing on a Monday night.

OP
OP
joshsup17

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHA, you guys are all CRAZY... and I f#cking love it, gotta love the dedication.. but it will be ok, ill make sure and watch the nfc championship and SB... anybody else think its weird we could end up playing all little birdy team through the playoffs. Beat the eagles, now the falcons, I would say of the teams left in the NFC the bears are pry the most likely to get beat by the hawks, so eagles, falcons, hawks, and the ravens look pretty good too

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i missed the Arizona playoff game last year because i had tickets to a Devils game. big. mistake...

the last like three Packer games there were things going on that i either missed part of the game, or had to cancel plans. this is gonna be the first game where i have nothing planned and i can watch football all day!

needless to say i am very excited for this game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts