OK... Just for the sake of it.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Sherman bashers are out in force on this forum.

OK.... Just for the sake of it, just pretend.

It is Monday morning, the news breaks and T.T. has given Sherman a career adjustment. (Fired)

OK Sherman bashers..... Who do you replace him with as Head Coach?

Who out there right now that is not a head coach would do a better job than Sherman this year?

My dear ole Mother, God rest her soul, always told me not to bring a problem to her, unless I was able to make a suggestion on how to make it better. In other words, find your own solution first then ask me what I think about it, but find your own solution first.

Who are you going to hire? Art Shell? Mike Singletary? Russ Grim? Ron Rivera?

Who would be better than Sherman at this moment for the Packers?

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

It is Monday morning, the news breaks and T.T. has given Sherman a career adjustment. (Fired)

Who out there right now that is not a head coach would do a better job than Sherman this year?

My dear ole Mother, God rest her soul, always told me not to bring a problem to her, unless I was able to make a suggestion on how to make it better. In other words, find your own solution first then ask me what I think about it, but find your own solution first.

It's not going to happen this year.

The Packers HC job in 2006 has already been decided and is only awaiting a decision.

Mike Holmgren's contract in Seattle is up after the 2005 season. If Holmgren wants the Packer HC job in 2006 it is his. Ted Thompson is waiting on Holmgren's decision.

If Holmgren is a no show, Jim Bates will be promoted to HC of the Packers for 2006.

Now you can go back and pretend the Packers are a Super Bowl contender this year. Big Ole Smile

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you know SW that the job is Holmgren's? Do you have inside info? I like Sherman, and he has made several mistakes, but I always look at the idea, "Could I do better?" ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Holmgren wasn't perfect either. Sure, he took the Pack to the Super Bowl, but look at the talent he had then. We don't seem to have as much talent as we did then. Also, remember how he was that last year before he left. He acted as if he didn't care whether the Pack won or lost that year, and made a rude comment to a fan. Forget about the mistakes Sherman has made in the past and concentrate on giving him support for this season.

lonewolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT is being a bit cagy here. We have Mike Sherman coaching without an extension to his current contract. We have Jim Bates, who apparently has an idea he can be a head coach, given his brief stint as an interim coach in Miami. Both of these guys may be under observation this year. If Sherman gets this team to the playoffs, it would almost be a miracle at this point, and he would probably deserve a new contract. If the Packers miss the playoffs, but Bates' defense becomes one of the better ones in the league, also probably a near miracle, then he could be hired as the new HC. IMO.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson is doing to Sherman what Sherman is doing to the players: earn your job.

The Packers had other problems to address before Sherman's contract. Sherman is the coach this year, period. I think the extension will hinge on whether the Packers make the playoffs or not. I think Thompson wants to see if Sherman is bringing the team up...or down...before handing him an extension.

Here's something else to consider: Sherman might want to play the contract out so he could find a job with dual responsibility elsewhere.

I don't think Jim Bates would have come to Green Bay if the possibility of being the HC wasn't there. He had other good options. But I also think the Packers brought Bates in as a long-term solution to the chronic defensive problems. I think he stays regardless.

I think all of you who think Mike Holmgren is coming back are really dreaming.
More than one source has told the media Mike torched his bridges when he left and Bob Harlan has a long memory. The other question arises: how many Super Bowls did Holmgren win in Seattle? Check Sherman's record and Holmgren's since Sherman came to Green Bay.

Here's another ditty I heard this weekend...Sherman got to 50 wins faster than almost any coach in league history...perhaps the fastest. I heard it on a radio broadcast and missed part of it. He's at least in the top three.

I think if he takes the team to the playoffs he will get an extension, if he wants it.

I would put my money on Sherman as the coach in 2006.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did your dear ole mother tell you to keep your head up your *** or did you decide to do that for yourself?
^^^ This is getting old ^^^

No more personal attacks. I'm done allowing this crap from anyone, not just SW(granted sw has been bad on this lately), in the packer fans forum. If anyone wants to talk like this take it to the smack area or I will just start rolling out temporary/permanent bans.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
I think Jim Bates will be our next HC.
I dont see what Sherman has done wrong. I wouldnt mind Bates being our head coach next though. That wouldn't be bad at all.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
It's not going to happen this year.

I think that's why the title is Ok just for the sake of it. RP readily acknowledged that the HC position is settled in Green Bay this year. It was simply a hypothetical question.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Did your dear ole mother tell you to keep your head up your *** or did you decide to do that for yourself?

No more personal attacks. I'm done allowing this crap from anyone, not just SW(granted sw has been bad on this lately), in the packer fans forum. If anyone wants to talk like this take it to the smack area or I will just start rolling out temporary/permanent bans.

So what are you waiting for???

Someone, who in a moment of frustration lets Chase/SteelWheels... get under their skin and slams back -- and then they are the one who gets the ban?

Ryan: This is far from his first offense. I could not care less whether or not you ban him -- but please be consistent. Either allow us the freedom to hit back or send his butt packing before you are stuck with having to suspend a true contributor to your forum.

The choice is yours -- I hope you chose wisely.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think Sherman will be back again next year. But if not, don't count Jon Gruden or Steve Mariucci out of the picture yet. Stranger things have happened.

GBXU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MS will be re-signed after the Pack win 7 out of their first 8 games. The man can focus on what he does best this year... coach football.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Ryan said:

Someone, who in a moment of frustration lets Chase/SteelWheels... get under their skin and slams back -- and then they are the one who gets the ban?

Ryan: This is far from his first offense. I could not care less whether or not you ban him -- but please be consistent. Either allow us the freedom to hit back or send his butt packing before you are stuck with having to suspend a true contributor to your forum.

Good post Bruce. Especially the first part, some poor poster who fires back will get it and what is really ironic-STEEL WILL STILL BE HERE! Ryan, you set the guidelines long ago, but you were a nice guy and let some things slide, now you have a mess on your hands. And it is getting worse. Steel, who has had a number of attacks, could be here after other, much better posters, only make one and are banned. Good luck and good fortune in coming up with a solution to keep this site clean and fair, in spite of the uneven field that has developed.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
Bruce said:
Ryan said:

Good post Bruce. Especially the first part, some poor poster who fires back will get it and what is really ironic-STEEL WILL STILL BE HERE! Ryan, you set the guidelines long ago, but you were a nice guy and let some things slide, now you have a mess on your hands. And it is getting worse. Steel, who has had a number of attacks, could be here after other, much better posters, only make one and are banned. Good luck and good fortune in coming up with a solution to keep this site clean and fair, in spite of the uneven field that has developed.

That was more to serve as a final notice. But I certainly understand the concern on banning a good poster. That won't happen. From that post (date and time) on out, if I see it, you will be warned through the site, if I see it again I will suspend the poster for whatever time I see fit based on their history and content of the post. In the preceeding statement "I" also refers to my mods. If anyone sees a post that we miss, hit the report (blue button) and we will look at it. Through our interface we can send the user a warning (yellow card - soccer style I guess) then from there we can suspend/ban the user.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Through our interface we can send the user a warning (yellow card - soccer style I guess) then from there we can suspend/ban the user.

can't we relate this warning to a man's sport instead?

J/K Ryan :lol:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
Ryan said:
Through our interface we can send the user a warning (yellow card - soccer style I guess) then from there we can suspend/ban the user.

can't we relate this warning to a man's sport instead?

J/K Ryan :lol:
Hey now :p I still play soccer.

Or do you mean a man's sport like softball? :)

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Ryan said:

Hey Ryan half of these ***holes have been throwing their sarcastic insults at me on a daily basis, but I guess either your blind or you are just singling me out for what ever reason.

If people want to throw sh#t at me I have a right to throw it back. What's right is right.

I was using that post as an example as it was the most current one I saw. Like I said in my previous post, it was to server as notice to all that we are doing with that. Meaning, by me, by you, by anyone on the site.

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just kick Steel Wheels now and alot more people will start posting again. Why on earth Ryan do you let him post here? What does he add to the forum?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Mike Singletary coaching the Packers? Don't even say that jokingly. :stop:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts