OG Tony Palmer

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just another hack player brought in by the Grinch himself, TT.

Seems we are quietly bringing in more solid, young talent. And he seems to have that bad-*** attitude I like in linemen.

Name : Tony Palmer

Position: Offensive Guard

School: Missouri

Round TFG rec becomes a bargain: Two

03/05/2006

Gil Brandt is reporting that Palmer is indeed 6’2â€

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this mean that MM is going to be shuffling people in and out of the o-line all year like Sherman did last year, not giving the offensive line enough time to gel as a unit?

I mean, the season started already. I hope this o-line can get it together for Brett and the Packer's sake.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
majikman said:
Does this mean that MM is going to be shuffling people in and out of the o-line all year like Sherman did last year, not giving the offensive line enough time to gel as a unit?

I mean, the season started already. I hope this o-line can get it together for Brett and the Packer's sake.

I hope Mike doesn't just start shuffling people around. I'm thinking these pick ups are a hope of finding a diamond in the rough and to add depth.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your right ZTC, They really need some depth there. If they develope, its a plus. At that size, he could be very dominating.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish he would have started this in April or May of 2006 when more veterans were available. I think he waited a little too long and got caught with his pants down, and now is trying to backpeddle out of it.

Better late than never, I guess.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
majikman said:
I wish he would have started this in April or May of 2006 when more veterans were available. I think he waited a little too long and got caught with his pants down, and now is trying to backpeddle out of it.

Better late than never, I guess.

:-?

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is on the team...St. Louis tried to sneak him to their PS and the Pack snagged him.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read this bio on Palmer and wonder why he's not getting some snaps. Our OL is ragged right now with Chad AND Spitz hurting, Tauscher seemingly regressing and Wells still a question mark. At what point do you just say, "It's necessary to find out what Palmer has." It has always seemed to me that the Packers will bring in a guy with high potential based on past performance, and let him languish in limbo while they try to decide whether he can play with the big boys. Where would we be if necessity hadn't forced us to use Moll? He would also be in limbo. What the hell does MM have to lose? We're not going anywhere this year anyway. I'm beginning to think that the coaching staff is our biggest weakness.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hilarious. theres another thread about GB not signing Olinemen(but the Jets did, so thats...newsworthy), bashing the GM..

and this one bashing GB FOR getting one.

figure it out, guys.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahaha... your post and sig are unbelievably true trom..... its sad really.

what kind of fans jump ship and start hating the team after one bad season out of 15 by the way. with new management and coaching and players involved it takes time... but thats ok... the few of us that are left are enjoying all the room on the packerwagon. but yall will be back. until then keep quiet your making the rest of us look bad.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think that questioning what the management is doing is wrong nor do i think it makes one less of a fan. it's when the questioning becomes constant, all-inclusive, & nearly obsessive that a person needs to take a step back & re-evaluate.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Questioning decisions and articulating your thoughts is fine and dandy. What is frustrating is the endless and senseless rants that go nowhere and make no points worth discussing......just a rant. There are very few of these folks, but they tend to kill every thread they involve themselves in.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed 4packgirl... BUT i think when it gets to the point that people are tearing apart TT for not bringing someone in as is the case at WR and Oline.... then tearing apart TT for bringing in someone... it gets crazy.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for example:

shut up digsy - i just said the same friggin thing - you big pain in the butt dork - wanna fight?? bwahahaha!! see what y'all look like?? silly!! :)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
hilarious. theres another thread about GB not signing Olinemen(but the Jets did, so thats...newsworthy), bashing the GM..

and this one bashing GB FOR getting one.

figure it out, guys.

tromadz: Unless I'm sorely mistaken, digs was being sarcastic in his original post, meaning that he actually LIKES this move. So it's not a negative thread.

I have to add, though, that I don't see any reason to get excited about Palmer. That glowing write-up came before the draft. Palmer's stock obviously fell quite a bit before the draft, and then fell even further during training camp--so far that he got cut by the Rams.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts