1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OG Tony Palmer

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by digsthepack, Sep 15, 2006.

1. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just another hack player brought in by the Grinch himself, TT.

Seems we are quietly bringing in more solid, young talent. And he seems to have that bad-*** attitude I like in linemen.

Name : Tony Palmer

Position: Offensive Guard

School: Missouri

Round TFG rec becomes a bargain: Two

03/05/2006

Gil Brandt is reporting that Palmer is indeed 6’2â€

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Way to be un-aggressive Ted!!

3. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this mean that MM is going to be shuffling people in and out of the o-line all year like Sherman did last year, not giving the offensive line enough time to gel as a unit?

I mean, the season started already. I hope this o-line can get it together for Brett and the Packer's sake.

4. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I hope Mike doesn't just start shuffling people around. I'm thinking these pick ups are a hope of finding a diamond in the rough and to add depth.

5. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Your right ZTC, They really need some depth there. If they develope, its a plus. At that size, he could be very dominating.

6. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish he would have started this in April or May of 2006 when more veterans were available. I think he waited a little too long and got caught with his pants down, and now is trying to backpeddle out of it.

Better late than never, I guess.

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    :-?

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    so did we sign this guy, or are we just "taking a look"?

9. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He is on the team...St. Louis tried to sneak him to their PS and the Pack snagged him.

10. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Like I mentioned earlier in another thread, it's time to tune the Piano.

11. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read this bio on Palmer and wonder why he's not getting some snaps. Our OL is ragged right now with Chad AND Spitz hurting, Tauscher seemingly regressing and Wells still a question mark. At what point do you just say, "It's necessary to find out what Palmer has." It has always seemed to me that the Packers will bring in a guy with high potential based on past performance, and let him languish in limbo while they try to decide whether he can play with the big boys. Where would we be if necessity hadn't forced us to use Moll? He would also be in limbo. What the hell does MM have to lose? We're not going anywhere this year anyway. I'm beginning to think that the coaching staff is our biggest weakness.

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    hilarious. theres another thread about GB not signing Olinemen(but the Jets did, so thats...newsworthy), bashing the GM..

and this one bashing GB FOR getting one.

figure it out, guys.

13. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    hahaha... your post and sig are unbelievably true trom..... its sad really.

what kind of fans jump ship and start hating the team after one bad season out of 15 by the way. with new management and coaching and players involved it takes time... but thats ok... the few of us that are left are enjoying all the room on the packerwagon. but yall will be back. until then keep quiet your making the rest of us look bad.

14. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i don't think that questioning what the management is doing is wrong nor do i think it makes one less of a fan. it's when the questioning becomes constant, all-inclusive, & nearly obsessive that a person needs to take a step back & re-evaluate.

15. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Questioning decisions and articulating your thoughts is fine and dandy. What is frustrating is the endless and senseless rants that go nowhere and make no points worth discussing......just a rant. There are very few of these folks, but they tend to kill every thread they involve themselves in.

16. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    agreed 4packgirl... BUT i think when it gets to the point that people are tearing apart TT for not bringing someone in as is the case at WR and Oline.... then tearing apart TT for bringing in someone... it gets crazy.

17. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    for example:

shut up digsy - i just said the same friggin thing - you big pain in the butt dork - wanna fight?? bwahahaha!! see what y'all look like?? silly!! :)

18. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    all were saying is ... it looks to us like head hunting... when head huntin is very unnecessary.

19. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    AMEN, packnic - uh, wait a minute...did i just agree with packnic??
    :help: :chest:

20. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    awww 4packgirl.... we aint got no beef baby. do we?

21. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    tromadz: Unless I'm sorely mistaken, digs was being sarcastic in his original post, meaning that he actually LIKES this move. So it's not a negative thread.

I have to add, though, that I don't see any reason to get excited about Palmer. That glowing write-up came before the draft. Palmer's stock obviously fell quite a bit before the draft, and then fell even further during training camp--so far that he got cut by the Rams.

22. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    no. well, not YET anyway. :wink: :p