OFFICIAL PACKERS Thanksgiving day game

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Thanks. Browsing the internet this morning I notice everyone is blaming the loss on losing Suh. But up until he was ejected he only had one tackle, didn't he? I think the media is generally overlooking the poise and "steady as she goes" attitude of the Packers. They had their plan and just stuck with it. The thing is, it's frustrating to watch as a fan. I'd say to my boys, "Why'd McCarthy call that????" and yet it worked out. This team doesn't veer from their plan. Capers changed his plan before this game, which was interesting. It seemed to work. But, during the game, the coaches stuck to the plan even though the game was close. I think that is the mark of a championship caliber team, consistency even when the heat is on.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I really can't wait until Thursday's game, one its going to show people like you
that you really can't believe everything that is posted online,.....We played the Panthers
on Sunday, the only personal fouls that were called was
"Hands to the face" something that is like holding, happens every play on every team
"Horse Collar" Our DE chased down the ball carrier and dove at him from behind, he ended up grabbing his dread locks, NOT his Collar....And once again NOT Illegal....

I can't say it enough, you will find out Thursday that the Lions are just a hard hitting team, that's it ...
Trouble is if the Lions do end up winning this game, people like you are going to scream foul, reguardles of how they play...

I hope you and your family have a good Thanksgiving, and enjoy the game...

LOL sure showed us..Stomping on lineman---that isnt illegal..

I guess YOU were shown your team is dirty

And hands to the face does not happen on every play..Only your team that has two players do it on the SAME play

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
LTF perhaps we could create a sticky for Sothpaw7391 and all of the other Lions fans who told us we would see that they were not "dirty" just "hard-hitting" and "aggressive" can come and admit that they were wrong. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Seriously, it would be nice if all those Lion fans who claimed that their team was not dirty, who told us that we would see on Thanksgiving Day that they were not dirty, could come back and admit that it was they who saw the real Lions and admit that they were wrong and that the Lions are in fact as dirty as (or dirtier than) their reputation. (j/k about the sticky -- just a reference to the "too many stickies" thread. Besides there is no way any of them will come back to admit it, though it was nice to see at least one Lion fan come here and admit it).

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LTF perhaps we could create a sticky for Sothpaw7391 and all of the other Lions fans who told us we would see that they were not "dirty" just "hard-hitting" and "aggressive" can come and admit that they were wrong. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Seriously, it would be nice if all those Lion fans who claimed that their team was not dirty, who told us that we would see on Thanksgiving Day that they were not dirty, could come back and admit that it was they who saw the real Lions and admit that they were wrong and that the Lions are in fact as dirty as (or dirtier than) their reputation. (j/k about the sticky -- just a reference to the "too many stickies" thread. Besides there is no way any of them will come back to admit it, though it was nice to see at least one Lion fan come here and admit it).
Agreed.
Yeah, they ended up eating crow instead of turkey.
They won't be back. (Unless now they are out there taking advantage of Black Friday deals.)
We know and saw the truth as did millions of others and that is on our side.
To now claim that the Lions are just being aggressive? Nope. That will no longer fly. That is nothing but a bold faced lie.

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game. Some of the calls was a little off, but that was expected going into it. That zebra staff is known in the NFL for throwing a lot of flags. They pretty much paint the field yellow.

Anyways, I loved the game. My family was so quiet, them being Lions fans. Good job by the offense and great job by the defense. Main thought this game would be a shoot out, but the defense kept the Lions under 20. Now just gotta keep it up, and take each game one at a time on the road to perfection, but most of all the road to defending our title and retaining it.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After driving for 3 hours after the game, getting blasted at a wedding, driving back, and boxing up half of my house for a move, I have come to the following conclusion: The difference between the first and second half is entirely in the hands of the coaches.

The in-game changes that they made were beyond ridiculous. Defensively, Capers made the adjustments needed to shut down the potent Lions offense, IN THEIR HOUSE, and with two untested ILBs and a hurt OLB. Additionally, Rodgers had 65 yards in the first half, then finished with 307 yds and 2 TDs (not to mention 2 TD drops that should have been routine catches). Rodgers attributed the second half change to one thing: knowledge. They "felt that they knew what the Lions were going to do"... I paraphrased. The message however is simple. Our coaches are geniuses.

Members online

Latest posts