Official Packers @ Detroit Lions

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For now, this is how I think it will go;
Bears vs Jets: (Still undecided. Leaning towards Jets.)
Vikings vs Taints: Taints
Packers vs Lions: Packers

I hope we are tied or in 1st by Tues.

Reaction score
One of the toughest life lessons is patience. I see a D in the early rebuilding stages that had played two relatively solid teams and yet remain 1-1 and on a curve many would agree improving gradually. Be happy we are under the radar. The underdog isn't always such a bad gig.lets improve slightly week by week and we all know come playoffs its whoever is most cohesive. We waited 25 years to get that Lombardi back we can manage supporting our team in a few down weeks. I think everyone in here would agree we have an excellent chance to make playoffs , again, with what I would argue is a tougher than average opponent schedule. I think overall GB did a nice job improving upon week 1. I have concerns too, but I think MM is a superior coach that will lead us in the right direction. Go pack go
Oh a bit winded big I might add I've noticed we play better under pressure and with our backs against the wall. E.g 2010 going on the road throughout the playoffs. 2013 that throw to Cobb to squeak in where we had no right to be. And then lose by 3? C'mon man. Down 21-3 and then rallying for a 7 point win? MM is right, this team is special

Last edited:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you like Arena League you'll like this game. Indoors, fast-track turf, two explosive offenses against no defense on both sides. There should be lots for the NFL's highlight reels of this weekend.
The Packers are 4-0 at Detroit in games started - and finished- by Aaron Rodgers. The difference in this game will likely come down to the difference between the qb's. Rodgers doesn't hurt the team and makes big plays in the clutch. Matt Stafford is prone to the big mistakes.
Primary worry for the Pack is the Lions defensive front against our o-line. Rodgers will likely be on the move a lot to escape their rush and running game likely to continue to struggle.
I think the Pack wins a down-to-the-wire shootout.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think it will be very important for the Packers to create pressure on Stafford, hopefully being able to exploit the Lions weakness at RT (no matter who plays there). I would like to see them commit a safety to double team Megatron and another one covering their tight ends over the middle of the field. Tramon and House should be able to cover Tate and Ross one-on-one.

Their front four is pretty good, so it will be important for the offensive line to buy some time for Aaron. Tahir Whitehead is their weak link on the front seven and I want the Packers to run some plays to his side as well as trying to get him to cover one of our monstrous TEs. In addition I would like to see a lot of receiver-heavy formations as I want the Lions to have to play nickel most of the time as they don´t have any reliable corners after Darius Slay and Rashean Mathis.

Reaction score
Go Pack! I want revenge for last Thanksgiving!
If that is really your picture we need to make wedding plans before our lives get away from us. Just state your name and say "I do Do "
Oh. And bring a witness. I'll take care of the magistrate

Reaction score
If you like Arena League you'll like this game. Indoors, fast-track turf, two explosive offenses against no defense on both sides. There should be lots for the NFL's highlight reels of this weekend.
The Packers are 4-0 at Detroit in games started - and finished- by Aaron Rodgers. The difference in this game will likely come down to the difference between the qb's. Rodgers doesn't hurt the team and makes big plays in the clutch. Matt Stafford is prone to the big mistakes.
Primary worry for the Pack is the Lions defensive front against our o-line. Rodgers will likely be on the move a lot to escape their rush and running game likely to continue to struggle.
I think the Pack wins a down-to-the-wire shootout.
Yes I agree on the primary concern. The Seattle Jets D front gave us some good experience to draw from. Although I'd rather be playing Lions D than the Bears D. I watched that Niners vs Bears game and either 49rs have regressed on O. Or the Bears D made a significant leap. They were on Kap like flies on S... Twinkies.
It's time to involve the TE's more. Last week our 1st double TE set max protection resulted in an 80 yard TD. Rodgers had time to write a postcard to mom on that play

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Lions have 2 tight ends that nobody on our team can cover. Looks like a pretty even scoring fest to me.
Which two? Pettigrew has been there forever and although he's a good blocker he's usually good for one big drop. Ebron may be a good player at some point but right now he has three catches for 38 yards. If they're expecting him to beat us they're in deep trouble.

I think our chances go way up if Bulaga plays. Cobb owns the slot, we get a lead and Lacy takes advantage. This is gonna be a big test for Linsley. He's been up against some big strong guys before but Fairly is really quick and so is Suh. This was the game I was most interested in seeing Tretter in because he's quicker and would hopefully be able to handle those guys but we'll have to see how Linsley can do.

If Shields can keep Johnson from getting to 150 yards and Williams/House can keep Tate under 100 we'll win.

Packers 24-13

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which two?
6'-7" Fauria and Ebron. Have you SEEN our middle defense? Fauria and Ebron will amass 100 yds. each by halftime if the Lions OC wanted to feed the TE's. Our CB's and Safeties will have their hands full with Calvin and Tate... the middle will be easy pickin's, unfortunately.:(

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What may be the biggest 3 game stretch of the season starts Sunday. This is a golden opportunity to seize control of the division early.
The Packers O line will be the key. The Lions front seven will test them at home. On D, I'd go more for pressure than worrying about coverage schemes- get after Stafford.
I think we're starting to see things come together; the D especially continues to gel.
I'm expecting a bit of a wild one, but I'll go with Packers, 31-27.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be an interesting game. I expect a high scoring game, that either team can win.

Their D-front is very good, but their secondary is pretty bad. We should be able to exploit that. On the other hand, the lions have a lot of offensive weapons. Obviously the have Calvin, and now also Tate. I like our outside corners and I think that they may limit the Lions to a manageable amount of catches and yards. Obviously our pass rush needs to help them out, but I believe they can do that. I do however fear there tight ends and one of their running backs (Bush). Our defense sucks defending short passes in the middle of the field. I feel that this Lions team could exploit that, especially on 3rd down.

I think that the best way to stop that would be a hybrid base/nickel and nickel/dime package that features Sean Richardson (or Hyde) as "linebacker" (http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/xs-os-breakdown-micah-hyde-as-nickel-linebackerdime-cornerback-hybrid). I think that such a package would be better versus the run than conventional nickel, and better versus the pass than a conventional base. Moreover Richardson has a size advantage compared to the other DB's when covering a TE (especially versus Fauria). Therefore I think that such a package would help us stop the Lions.

Problem is, we probably don't have such a package :(. Although if we have it in our playbook, we would have shown it yet, since we haven't faced a dangerous TE yet.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm looking forward to this one, as the only other scheduled game for the packers being shown on UK tv is the vikings game on Oct 2nd, and thats going to be a daft o'clock kick off in the am

i do expect this one to be a win for the pack, by 4-8 points

H

HardRightEdge

This will be an interesting game. I expect a high scoring game, that either team can win.

Their D-front is very good, but their secondary is pretty bad. We should be able to exploit that. On the other hand, the lions have a lot of offensive weapons. Obviously the have Calvin, and now also Tate. I like our outside corners and I think that they may limit the Lions to a manageable amount of catches and yards. Obviously our pass rush needs to help them out, but I believe they can do that. I do however fear there tight ends and one of their running backs (Bush). Our defense sucks defending short passes in the middle of the field. I feel that this Lions team could exploit that, especially on 3rd down.

I think that the best way to stop that would be a hybrid base/nickel and nickel/dime package that features Sean Richardson (or Hyde) as "linebacker" (http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/xs-os-breakdown-micah-hyde-as-nickel-linebackerdime-cornerback-hybrid). I think that such a package would be better versus the run than conventional nickel, and better versus the pass than a conventional base. Moreover Richardson has a size advantage compared to the other DB's when covering a TE (especially versus Fauria). Therefore I think that such a package would help us stop the Lions.

Problem is, we probably don't have such a package :(. Although if we have it in our playbook, we would have shown it yet, since we haven't faced a dangerous TE yet.
While I don't necessarily agree with your prescription, it is in the playbook. We used some 3 safety sets with Richardson in the latter part of the 2013 season.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm looking forward to this one, as the only other scheduled game for the packers being shown on UK tv is the vikings game on Oct 2nd, and thats going to be a daft o'clock kick off in the am

i do expect this one to be a win for the pack, by 4-8 points
I have to know whether you voted for independence before I trust your opinion! :p

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had quite the dream last night about the Lions in wk17, and the sad thing about nearly all of my dreams about the Packers come true(2010 was a good thing). Sum it up Packers lose 27-24.

This game I don't know, of course I did pick the Pack, soo 31-28.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that is really your picture we need to make wedding plans before our lives get away from us. Just state your name and say "I do Do "
Oh. And bring a witness. I'll take care of the magistrate
Ha ha ha.. I will neither confirm or deny that the avatar pic is me.. :)

Shelly.. I DO.. :)

P.S. do you have a Porsche?

Last edited:

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go Pack Go!

Green bay 30
Lions 10 - yes the defense will play a great game!
Lacy will have a big day - 18 carries for 115 yards and a TD!

Reaction score
Thank You! Well then it's official your legally my wife? Oh crap! Don't take this the wrong way but I'm getting cold feet. I mean, raising a houseful of Mini Packer Backers is a lot of responsibility and will require trading in that dream car for a reliable mini van for the kids and all!! Haha. Smiles from Virginia.. Oh. It's only fair,, love, Paul

Reaction score
Go Pack Go!

Green bay 30
Lions 10 - yes the defense will play a great game!
Lacy will have a big day - 18 carries for 115 yards and a TD!
Bahaha ha. I don't care if that pic is you.. Your still my #1. I say .. Hmmmm... Ok. GB 30 Detroit 24. Thank you God for Mike Daniels

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Ahhhh,, I love that choice. It's deep. Another romantic I see.
I wrote this one for my fellow GB fans the day after our loss in the 2012 playoffs. It doesn't need words. I know because I'm a lyricist and singer and no words have come to mind yet. Dedicated to our former O coordinator Joe Philbin, who lost his son near Appleton when he fell through the ice.. Just days before that game he buried him.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts