Official Packers @ Detroit Lions

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fear This will be a high scoring game and Rodgers will be running for his life most the time. The staff seriously needs to run about 5 screens this game to help him out. I honestly can see them doubling Jordy which would be great for us if we had any type of receiving threat at tightend. Oh and I expect Ebron to have a big game as well unless the pass rush gets to Stafford. It sucks to see Carolina play so good on defense with less talent knowing that well probably give up 400 yds

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm not just sure about the Lions yet. They were highly praised after Week 1, but they played against a bad, bad Giants team. When they were tested yesterday, they were shutout in the first half and then only managed 7 points in the second half. Their FG kicker also seems to be struggling. So, I'm just not sure what to expect quite yet. I do know that I like the way Rodgers plays in a dome. And a comeback win like we had against the Jets can really carry momentum and confidence into the following weeks.

Lions: 24
Packers: 34

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers lights it up but the defense allows over 100 yds rushing and over 300 through the air to Stafford. lions win at home 33-30

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
38-35 Packers. After giving up 4 TD passes to the Lions, Clinton-Dix intercepts Stafford in the last minute to preserve the win, ending the NFL's longest safety interception drought. MM again praises the team's wiring.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers lights it up but the defense allows over 100 yds rushing and over 300 through the air to Stafford. lions win at home 33-30

You should try being optimistic. Just for one game. Try it on for size. You might like it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be a challenge in Detroit as it has been for several years now.
Rodgers plays a full game and we win, otherwise it's uh oh

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Agreed. Also I hope our run defense shows up.
Packers vs Jets as a shoot out I'd favor the Pack.
Packers vs Lions, whoever gets the turnover. Rodgers doesn't make too many dumb turnovers.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not this week.

What about your prediction we'd lose to the Jets? :D I mean I know we barely pulled that game off, but there wasn't really a good reason to be pessimistic about that one. On paper, that was a gimme in Lambeau.

There's optimistic, there's pessimistic, and there's realistic. I'm asking you to try optimism, which would be hoping for and predicting good things... maybe even if you don't think good things will happen. So "this week" is the same as any other week.

Try it!!! :tup:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I am optimistic that Rodell will remain pessimistic.

Or, is that being realistic?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Also I hope our run defense shows up.
Packers vs Jets as a shoot out I'd favor the Pack.
Packers vs Lions, whoever gets the turnover. Rodgers doesn't make too many dumb turnovers.

Their RBs dont really frighten me, but well see. Yeah stafford makes more mistakes than Rodgers for sure

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be a challenge in Detroit as it has been for several years now.

Rodgers has never lost to the Lions except for that game in 2010 when he was knocked out with a concussion in the first half.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has never lost to the Lions except for that game in 2010 when he was knocked out with a concussion in the first half.

Right, thus the Rodgers plays a full game comment from me. I still suspect a great game. I heard today we are underdogs going in

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I have to agree with Rodell here. I think we have done nothing yet to scare the Lions. We probably will lose this one.

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Every streak comes to an end at some point, so just because he has "always beaten them" doesn't mean he will this time. If anything you could say that streak has to come to an end at some point, why not now? The Lions have a good team, the Packers still have a crap defense.

30-24 Lions or Packers. I have no clue.