Official Packer vs Seattle Studs n Duds

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously I'd say the Oline held up great down one of their bookends and facing one of the best front sevens in the league.

There were only a few times I felt like Rodgers didn't have more then ample opportunity to get rid of the ball

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Bennett for defending his QB. While it was viewed by some as a needless penalty, I will take it considering the circumstances and the game was pretty much put away. Way to stand up for your QB Marty!
I loved it. He took a shot at Rodgers, He did. Curled his arms in put his head down and and went right at his head and ended up getting his back. I know, I know, it's football, but he clearly took a shot, and Bennett told him to wise up to his face.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs" I mean Daniels was on fire, but that whole defense was all over all day. outside of 3-4 plays they played outstanding team defense

I give Cobb a Stud He made some big catches. Jordy as well.

Duds all that pressure. Seattle is good up front, that is certain, but too many hits on Rodgers. Way too many. I think a healthy Bulaga helps a lot. I'm not that worried about Evans, he'll be ok, but put a new guy next to a guy making his first start against one of the best Defensive fronts in the NFL and it's likely going to be rough going for most teams. Even ours. I think our offense will be playing much better in 6 weeks than they did today and we did enough today. No reason to not remain optimistic.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
disagree on the Mathews invisible... watch the play where Daniels forces the Wilson Fumble. The guard was backed up blocking nobody, as Mathews was going around the tackle on the outside the guard was watching only Mathews preparing to help out the tackle. meanwhile Daniels runs free right behind the guard.

Yeah I saw Matthews get through at least a couple of times, but for an edge rusher Wilson is as slippery as they come and was able to get away each time.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds :
Clay Matthews still can't shed blocks
Jahri Evans age is starting to show
The timeouts

Studs: defense

If this defense plays like this in ATL I'll take a SIP of the kool...just a sip. Seattles offense or o-line shouldn't scare anyone.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Stud: Eddie Lacy. For proving me wrong for wanting the Packers to resign him. Granted, our defensive front 7 played great and wasn't giving up much to any of the Seattle RB's. but Lacy looked slow and indecisive. Hope Eddie plays better next week.

Duds: Whoever is scouting RB's for the Packers in the draft. How many rookie running backs from other teams do we keep seeing that play pretty well and these aren't backs taken in the first few rounds. Or is our Oline run blocking just that bad?

Reaction score
Studs: The Defensive front 7 looked formidable, I especially was pleased with how they handled Lacy. Also, 2 sacks back to back with a FF by Big Mike Daniels which was effectively points for our Defense. Our secondary held up moderately good and forced Wilson to scramble on many occasions which was a positive.

Play callers game change second half, getting the RB group involved in the short passing game. Smart play callers take what you give them, the only mistake we made is waiting until the 3rd quarter to figure it out.

While the Offensive line started by looking porous the first half, the second half they actually held their own and began to get some rhythm as the game progressed so there were some bright spots.

This Defense will face the real test against Atlanta in the NFC title rematch. Go PAck Go!

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same old same old. Once again have to have defense carry the O.

J/K, was good to see defense hold us for a change.
Like the song says, "All you do is bring me down"! 1st game of the season! Take the win and stop whining. Be glad the the "D" steps up when the offense is down. How do you get up in the morning?

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like the song says, "All you do is bring me down"! 1st game of the season! Take the win and stop whining. Be glad the the "D" steps up when the offense is down. How do you get up in the morning?

I am going to guess humor and reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Or you didn't scroll down enough to see the rest. How do you get up in the morning?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Studs: Mike Daniels for sure. Nick Perry was great. Randall Cobb had a good one.
Duds: The O-line. Was getting pretty sick of Rogers having to dodge right and left and not getting time to set.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there anything more humorous than a *************? I guess it depends on your perspective

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
The entire defense. Daniels was great. Clark is going to be a force. Perry is showing last year wasn't a fluke. The safeties are very solid. Randle looked much better.

The wide receivers were solid but still need to create little more separation. There were times Rodgers missed open guys

Duds
Terrible timeouts
Not taking advantage of chances in the first half
Aikman and Buck. Talk about beating a dead horse. And then making a huge deal out of the Graham play (which definitely could been interference) when they didn't even acknowledge the play where adams got ran over

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Is there anything more humorous than a *************? I guess it depends on your perspective
That reminds me of a joke. What is worse than passing out at a party and waking up to find someone drew a ***** in sharpie on your face?

You find out it was traced! :eek::eek:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Stud: Eddie Lacy. For proving me wrong for wanting the Packers to resign him. Granted, our defensive front 7 played great and wasn't giving up much to any of the Seattle RB's. but Lacy looked slow and indecisive.
I hope he looks awful. :ninja:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Defense. All of it.

Pass blocking. In general, Rodgers had a lot of time to pass against a great DLine.

Cobb. He looked great. Quick in and out of his routes. Good hands.

Rodgers. The man is amazing.

Monty. He ran hard, broke tackles, even did a good job pass blocking (for him).

Duds:

Run blocking. It's hard for me to complain too much, Seattle has a great front 7, but there were no holes. Backs did a good job.

McCarthy calling timeouts. What more needs to be said?

Excellent game. We kicked ***. Fire Capers lol!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Terrific football game. Great team effort. That's all.

Agree. That was a pretty good team we beat today, so it was a very satisfying win. Both teams need work on their O-lines and ultimately that may be one or both teams demise. Otherwise, our defense finally put on a show and a perfect time to do so, when one of the NFL's top defenses was also playing.

The Atlanta game will be a better test of our defense. Although, I watched some of the Bear-Falcons game and unless that Bear defense is really good, the Falcons offense didn't look all that great. Contain Julio and Sanu and don't let Hooper run free down the middle!

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud(s): The D and Vogel. It's been a while since I've been truly comfortable with our punter and this kid looks like the real freaking deal. I know "he's just a K" but they can make your life easier or considerably harder. I'm thrilled to have him kicking for us. Mike D is a man. Perry is a man. Not too many busted assignments in the back end either. Offense did just enough against a legitimate defense. SEA had studs at every layer and we were moving the ball fairly well for the most part. Loved seeing Marty stick up for AR and it sounds like he appreciated it as well.

Duds: Too good of a weekend to even go there. I know I could find one but you know what, I don't want to! Great, great sports weekend for me. Last night my Sooners throttled Ohio St in the Horseshoe and this afternoon my beloved G&G handled those stinking birds. I'm flying high in the friendly skies and see no reason to hammer anyone.

Boomer Sooner and GO PACK GO!!

WOOOOOOOO!

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked the middle screen to slow up the rush. Aaron has a few more games getting beat up like this we could be in trouble.
Thankfully we don't play a defensive unit like that very often. That's a loaded defense we just played without one of our better OLmen. Obviously 12 can't take that kind of abuse every game and I honestly don't think he will.

G P G!!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved it. He took a shot at Rodgers, He did. Curled his arms in put his head down and and went right at his head and ended up getting his back. I know, I know, it's football, but he clearly took a shot, and Bennett told him to wise up to his face.
Rodgers was fair game though. I didn't see anything untoward anyway. It wasn't anything different that a guy would have done tackling any other player.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was fair game though. I didn't see anything untoward anyway. It wasn't anything different that a guy would have done tackling any other player.
The thing is, all that matters is what Marty B and AR thought and they were on the same page. Personally, I didn't find it overly egregious but he could've pulled up a little. If the shoe were on the other foot I'm sure I'd be singing a different tune and I won't deny that. However, incidents like that can further the already burgeoning relationship between the two and bring a team closer. All good things in my eyes!