Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Patriots - 12/19 - LOSS 31 - 27

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we should have won it and it makes me sick. I cant stand watching anymore heartbreakers

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i made a mistake this game. and that mistake was thinking that we were gonna pull this one off. now i sit here in defeat and am incredibly annoyed and upset. Dont even know what to think. just gotta win the next two to get in the playoffs. hopefully the vikings can get the W and keep us in the division race, that bye would be awesome.

PackersAllDay89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey LongTime if you didn't notice I posted on this board the entire game, last game and have been reading here for quite awhile so if you want to lump me in as a negative nancy feel free but at least realize who you are accusing.

Yes the Pick 6 and 71 yard return killed us but come on man we had multiple opportunities for picks and could of at least saved us 3 points +.

I get being optimistic but there is also something called blind faith - yes ARod wasn't playing and we held it together but do you really feel like we can win the SB w/ this ST unit?

I'm not trying to be negative, but if you expect me to sit there and touch myself to the fact that if we win the next 2, and all of our opponents for the Wild Card or North continue to lose that's not happening.

PackersAllDay89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings85 it was more a reference to my disgust with the ST unit we have as well as the missed opportunities tonight.

This game was ours for the taking but left a real bad taste in my mouth because even with our backup QB playing his heart out (who I didn't think was capable of that) we still found a way to lose it.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew the missed opportunity early by Woodson would end up costing us.
And the pathetic special teams.

Again today, our special teams was net -7 points.
If we could ever be a +points on special teams returns, it would help.

Still, the Vikings winning tomorrow is more important than had we won tonight and the Bears won tomorrow.

I still think if healthy, we're the best team in the NFL.
But we have a mental problem, losing close games.... McCarthy.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy'd again... another classic example of how him and his staff cost this team wins. For all of the individuals that constantly say what a great job he has done in the face of all the injuries, really? Ted Thompson has done a great job (as much as it pains me), Mike McCarthy has not.

As a fan, I don't care if we had to bring another whole team in to play cause of injuries. The players that are on the roster are good enough to win, but he consistently mismanages the offense.

A lot of people want to say, "Well if Flynn would have hit that pass we would be calling McCarthy a genius." Not true. We can still make the playoffs and I still won't want him calling the plays. He needs to give up the offensive play calling duties to someone else.

When the clock is running down, he doesn't have it... if 5-16 doesn't say it, what the heck does?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey LongTime if you didn't notice I posted on this board the entire game, last game and have been reading here for quite awhile so if you want to lump me in as a negative nancy feel free but at least realize who you are accusing.

Yes the Pick 6 and 71 yard return killed us but come on man we had multiple opportunities for picks and could of at least saved us 3 points +.

I get being optimistic but there is also something called blind faith - yes ARod wasn't playing and we held it together but do you really feel like we can win the SB w/ this ST unit?

I'm not trying to be negative, but if you expect me to sit there and touch myself to the fact that if we win the next 2, and all of our opponents for the Wild Card or North continue to lose that's not happening.

My post to you was a bout you saying the defense was pathetic

my point was they didnt allowed those 2 things to happen..

Those two things dont happen we win

Be negative all you want, but if I see a flaw in your opinion, I am pointing it out

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
McCarthy'd again... another classic example of how him and his staff cost this team wins. For all of the individuals that constantly say what a great job he has done in the face of all the injuries, really? Ted Thompson has done a great job (as much as it pains me), Mike McCarthy has not.

As a fan, I don't care if we had to bring another whole team in to play cause of injuries. The players that are on the roster are good enough to win, but he consistently mismanages the offense.

A lot of people want to say, "Well if Flynn would have hit that pass we would be calling McCarthy a genius." Not true. We can still make the playoffs and I still won't want him calling the plays. He needs to give up the offensive play calling duties to someone else.

When the clock is running down, he doesn't have it... if 5-16 doesn't say it, what the heck does?

You want to bash MM

do it in the thread specifically for that please

http://www.packerforum.com/f8/mm-just-hot-seat-25058.html

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What this shows me is that the Pack hung tough and kept pace with the best team and QB in the nfl while playing their backup QB. I don't care what anyone says, it proves to me that once they win those next 2 games they belong in the playoffs with the big boys.

PackersAllDay89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longtime I hear you and I would expect you to point it out. I'm not trying to be overly negative it's just, damn..

I said the Defense was pathetic because of the Shields missed tackle for 7, multiple missed picks which ultimately led to points, and what really looked to me as poor choices in general besides a few sacks.

If we had picked that one deflected pass we would of been down by 1 and only needed a field goal which we were more then in position for.

If my logic is wrong please point it out, I'm just tired of watching our ST find ways to lose and maybe I'm taking it out on the wrong group but there were definitely different strategies we could of utilized to win.

Just sucks..

Also playoff picture - if anyone cares to break it down I'd love to hear what we need to move on. Obviously starting with 2 packer wins..

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sack for -8 yards to start that drive was a killer, as I feared when it happened.
It made us burn our 3rd timeout.
And as MM just said, it made that drive be uphill.

That sack was the fault of both Sitton & Bulaga.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for the division we need the Vikings to win tomorrow and the Packers to win out.

for the wildcard we need to win out.

playoff situation simplified...

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Enough of this sh*t!

I can't take another close loss like this...

What does this team gotta do to catch a damn break??!

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our special teams cost us this game as well as a few 'wtf?' play calls by McCarthy.

Other than that I think Flynn did outstanding, our O-line finally came to play, and Capers had a solid defensive game plan.

For a team this beat down with injuries we can hang our heads high even if we don't make the playoffs. I do believe McCarthy's position as an offensive play caller needs to be seriously reevaluated.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
for the division we need the Vikings to win tomorrow and the Packers to win out.

for the wildcard we need to win out.

playoff situation simplified...

Are you sure about this? for the wildcard part I mean? We have tiebreakers on both NY and TB?

Edit: NVM, I forgot we play the Giants lol.. I'm too mad to think straight.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes we have the tiebreaker over TB and NY

just did the playoff machine thing and had the packers and bucs win both their remaining games. we get in on tie breaker "strength of schedule"

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what to say about this one other then it's been what our season has been. 6 losses by a total of 20 pts. The injuries have really caught up to us! A great coached game by McCarthy just look at the time of possession. Dominating!

The score at the end of the 1st half after that non-sense kick-off return by that offensive lineman and then the 1st score in the 2nd half on the interception return killed us. The injuries killed us! Too many special team players out!

But we make no excuses!

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we win out and TB wins both their games and giants win week 17 we win tie break based on strength of victory.

just gotta take care of business now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts